****Official**** John Beck Discussion Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official**** John Beck Discussion Thread

You seem to assume that everyone rooting for Beck to start is freaking out that he's not. Disappointed at the circumstance, sure. The arguement could be thrown around the other way just as easily....what if he had won it? I, as a Beck supporter, certainly wouldn't be rubbing it in anyone's face....course that's just not my way.

Most Beck supporters have been pretty reserved and supportive of the other QB's. The amount of animosity Beck has received on these boards is frankly amazing. People usually rally to his defense, because others are so QUICK to dismiss him based on a crappy year on a butt-ugly crappy team last year, and that he hasn't been light's out to start off this season. It's just plain unreasonable, to me.

And admitting to being a braggart? That's how you win friends and influence people, to be sure.
Its hard to chime in on something and give your opinion of me when this has been going on threwout a 2 week period. At first i was well reserved and just had the opinion that Beck was performing poorly in camp, so it looked as if he might not start. That turned into me bashing him, i guess if you feel that Beck wouldnt start automatically makes you a traitor to the team. So from there on out if you had any imput on the matter its automatically discounted because i hate Beck. Imagine everyone who reads that would say about you, they automatically read things on the board without back tracking and then you are labled to them as a hater/basher because someone has a very great way of twisting your words. My logic by that point was not to try to explain myself anymore because that gets no where but instead be what they make you me to be, A BECK HATER!!... These couple people who started this are the same delusional people with the idea that there was some great conspiracy out for John Beck and that the reason he wasnt succeeding or having bad stuff blogged about him was because they hate Beck.

I personally think we need to see a LOT more from Henne before I am comfortable with him as primary backup. Not saying we won't. But, just like with Beck, McCown, Pennington, anyone...it's all about what you do from here on out. I think people are understating how much these guys control their own destiny. To the extent that Beck and McCown are being shelved in practice, true they can't control their own destiny in that way...for now. But, if they play in the preseason games, they do. Also, the 2-QB split simply has to end eventually, because Pennington's arm can't take that during a full training camp schedule...and personally I wouldn't try to put Henne's arm through that either. Once that ends, Beck and McCown have a large amount of control over their own destinies again.

I personally think we need to see a LOT more from Henne before I am comfortable with him as primary backup. Not saying we won't. But, just like with Beck, McCown, Pennington, anyone...it's all about what you do from here on out. I think people are understating how much these guys control their own destiny. To the extent that Beck and McCown are being shelved in practice, true they can't control their own destiny in that way...for now. But, if they play in the preseason games, they do. Also, the 2-QB split simply has to end eventually, because Pennington's arm can't take that during a full training camp schedule...and personally I wouldn't try to put Henne's arm through that either. Once that ends, Beck and McCown have a large amount of control over their own destinies again.

It has been a long time since I've posted here. Can you give your opinion on Chad Henne CK?

Its hard to chime in on something and give your opinion of me when this has been going on threwout a 2 week period. At first i was well reserved and just had the opinion that Beck was performing poorly in camp, so it looked as if he might not start. That turned into me bashing him, i guess if you feel that Beck wouldnt start automatically makes you a traitor to the team. So from there on out if you had any imput on the matter its automatically discounted because i hate Beck. Imagine everyone who reads that would say about you, they automatically read things on the board without back tracking and then you are labled to them as a hater/basher because someone has a very great way of twisting your words. My logic by that point was not to try to explain myself anymore because that gets no where but instead be what they make you me to be, A BECK HATER!!... These couple people who started this are the same delusional people with the idea that there was some great conspiracy out for John Beck and that the reason he wasnt succeeding or having bad stuff blogged about him was because they hate Beck.
Sometimes it's not what we say, it's the way we say it.:peace1:

It has been a long time since I've posted here. Can you give your opinion on Chad Henne CK?

I think he has a long way to go, but he's doing ok right now for a rookie. I'm still not sure he'll ever be a guy that operates a passing game with a high degree of dexterity. But, he can make throws, he can read defenses before the snap, and if he doesn't necessarily do a good job manipulating defenses after the snap, well...he can make throws...

Sometimes it's not what we say, it's the way we say it.:peace1:
I can understand that but i have said very simply...I think Beck will be better fit as a backup for the next couple of years. Is that a bad way of saying that? Theres nothing to sugar coat.

if john beck gets no reps today is his role "confirmed???" after all, 3 days in a row with no reps is a trend.

I wanted Beck to work out in Miami. As has been stated, the entire team was horrible last year so I don't hold that against him - he's basically a rookie.

I just can't see, per the PFT note, that Parcells/Ireland would cut Beck simply because they didn't draft him and not cut McCown because they did sign him. If those are the main deciding factors, the ego level in the Dolphin front office is rising to Nicktator levels... :(

I wanted Beck to work out in Miami. As has been stated, the entire team was horrible last year so I don't hold that against him - he's basically a rookie.

I just can't see, per the PFT note, that Parcells/Ireland would cut Beck simply because they didn't draft him and not cut McCown because they did sign him. If those are the main deciding factors, the ego level in the Dolphin front office is rising to Nicktator levels... :(

you're working under the assumption that this front office thinks beck has potential.

I've moved and cleaned this thread up. let this be a warning, any who start to PA others will be dealt with.

Please stop trying so hard to belittle other posters to make yourself look better.

Could you possibly have the class enough to just tip your hat to the guy and say good call on Beck not being anywhere near ready to the man?

I mean, thats what everyone's hero John Beck would do. He would give someone credit for something. I have no disagreement if someone says Beck is a classy guy. Follow his example for once please. :foundout:

Besides, if it was such an easy call.....how come you didnt make it GURU?:unsure:

Whats worse anyway? The guy you made that response to bragging about being right that Beck wouldnt start, or you bragging about being right all the time even when you were completely wrong and are just spinning to make it look like youre right? :rolleyes:

Guys, please let this issue go. Lets just agree to disagree. In a few days the situation is going to be resolved. We all want the best for the team, sometimes it is hard to let go of an idea or hope, and that goes for people on both sides of the fence.

Guys, please let this issue go. Lets just agree to disagree. In a few days the situation is going to be resolved. We all want the best for the team, sometimes it is hard to let go of an idea or hope, and that goes for people on both sides of the fence.

I would love to. Count me in. In fact it would make me happy if no one ever posted about Beck ever again.

Back
Top Bottom