Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

I can't believe people are more worried about losing out on a late round 3 comp pick vs. getting one of the best CB's in the league. Let's see how some of our round 3's have panned out in recent drafts? Right, not well. And as far as drafting a CB in 1st round. There is no guarantee a 1st round CB will even start, let alone be an impact player, so let's at least explore this.

But filling our biggest need now....

Norman>OV for the money

Biggest need? What is our biggest need? Is it a DE opposite Mario Williams or one that can take over for Mario Williams in 2 years cause that's all we signed him for? Is it a CB opposite Maxwell or someone to take over for Maxwell since he really isn't that good anyway? Is it an OG so that Maybe Tannehill won't get sacked 40+ times and we can maybe run the ball when we need to? Is it a RB since we let Miller walk and never got his replacement?

There are about 6 threads around here with "biggest need" and all of them have a different position. Tying up $15 million in one of those positions severely hampers your ability to address the other positions. Apparently we've learned nothing from the Suh signing.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Also I would say Norman>3rd round pick

He was a 5th round pick. Amazing what good scouting and coaching can do.

He's worth the resources for us. Be it the losing of the comp picks, or the cap space. This guy is a complete stud.

I can't believe people are more worried about losing out on a late round 3 comp pick vs. getting one of the best CB's in the league. Let's see how some of our round 3's have panned out in recent drafts? Right, not well. And as far as drafting a CB in 1st round. There is no guarantee a 1st round CB will even start, let alone be an impact player, so let's at least explore this.

The flip side of that is how well have the splash free agent signings worked out for Miami?

JMO but I think we need a lot more work to get to be that consistent contender. I would estimate realistically 3 years +. Miraculously 2.... We need to bring in players who will be here when the time is right and not painting us into a corner and scrambling to fill another hole because they're passing their prime, especially at such a high cost. We need to be some what prudent and have the cap room to pounce on more than one player. We are always filling the same holes and thus make growth very difficult. Josh is just to expensive and most likely not willing to sign a shorter term deal. When we get enough players that can stick around for more than a year or two and then we need that one or two guys I'd say go for it. But sadly we're just not there yet. But the signs are there that we are Potentially making the moves to be the team we all have been waiting for.

But it would be fun to have had Josh.... Like it would be fun to have a Ferrari .....

Who gives a crap about a 3rd round pick that has no guarantee of doing anything, if you can land a Pro Bowl talent? Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Will Davis, Egnew, John Jerry, Patrick Turner, Langford, Lorenzo Booker, and Derrick Hagen have been our 3rd round picks the last 10 years....along with Vernon. That is pretty crappy odds of landing anyone worth a crap, especially if the chance to land a high quality starter is there. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!

Who gives a crap about a 3rd round pick that has no guarantee of doing anything, if you can land a Pro Bowl talent? Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Will Davis, Egnew, John Jerry, Patrick Turner, Langford, Lorenzo Booker, and Derrick Hagen have been our 3rd round picks the last 10 years....along with Vernon. That is pretty crappy odds of landing anyone worth a crap, especially if the chance to land a high quality starter is there. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!

don't throw billy turner in there with that list...he's by far more talented than any of those guys were

he's a potential boom player this year

Biggest need? What is our biggest need? Is it a DE opposite Mario Williams or one that can take over for Mario Williams in 2 years cause that's all we signed him for? Is it a CB opposite Maxwell or someone to take over for Maxwell since he really isn't that good anyway? Is it an OG so that Maybe Tannehill won't get sacked 40+ times and we can maybe run the ball when we need to? Is it a RB since we let Miller walk and never got his replacement?

There are about 6 threads around here with "biggest need" and all of them have a different position. Tying up $15 million in one of those positions severely hampers your ability to address the other positions. Apparently we've learned nothing from the Suh signing.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

He was a 5th round pick. Amazing what good scouting and coaching can do.

With the signing of an Elite CB, the draft then frees up chances at getting:
a possible DE to play opposite of Williams bc we only signed him for 2 years
a rb bc we let miller walk...(lots of value in mid rounds---Prosise, Dixon)
a OG in whitehair, westermann, tretola in 2nd)
Or hell, even an OT at 13 to replace albert after this year

So yeah...signing Norman does nothign but HELP US fill holes

how often do 3rd round picks even pan out? Not on this team
and thats part of the problem..

If we don't start hitting on some successful 3, 4 maybe fifth rounders were not going anywhere anyway. Josh is good but he can't carry a team and his signing would strap us from having the flexability cap wise to making better upgrades down the road, which we are going to need.

First thing's first, there is no question corner is the biggest need on this team. Bar none, no further discussion needed on that IMO.

I am all for signing him at virtually any cost, I think this team doesn't have that many holes to be honest and getting Norman would save us a first round pick immediately while likely costing us a third rounder next year. Big whoop, do the deal.

well....as good as he is....I think some of his "talent" is highlighted due to the front 7 of Carolina...the front 7 of our team MUST be the difference if we expect to be a contender...we have an aging DE coming off an injury...an aging DE coming off a questionable season at buffalo...

We have no playmakers at LB....without revamping the front 7 I don't see him making us a contender...I would love his talent and would definitely take him as a player but he will need help from a vicious d-line and linebacker group to showcase his talent...imo

Even if we land Hargreaves or apple or Jackson they will struggle without a force up front

Does signing him go against our comp picks for next year? Is he technically a free agent or a cut free agent since he had a contract on him already.

Back
Top Bottom