Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

When will Miami learn overpaying for FA's rarely leads to more wins? Adam Gase is not the GM I know, but this is his team now, he does have influence, and he doesn't strike me as a big FA fish kinda guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Per ESPN this morning only 11 teams have the cap space to sign Norman right now with Miami sitting right in the middle.

We need to address multiple positions and this is probably the most important one. Arguably the top corner in the league becomes available, you try to jump on him. Spend on pass rushers qbs and cornerbacks. Allows you to take the BPA at 13 who could end up being a superstar, instead of an Apple or Jackson reach at 13 just because you cant afford not to address the hole.

I dunno. He was excellent last year, but that's a lot of money tied up to two defensive players. Do not want to be top heavy and rely on bargain bin defenders to fill up the holes.

I really hope we can make this happen. It would put so much less pressure on selecting a CB in round 1. If we do this, we can truly select BPA at #13, whether that's DE/LB/RB/OG.

This is a splash move that I would expect Tannenbaum to make in the past but this off season has a different feel and I like it. Let someone else blow their wad on him and stay focused on getting your CB in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope we can make this happen. It would put so much less pressure on selecting a CB in round 1. If we do this, we can truly select BPA at #13, whether that's DE/LB/RB/OG.

Still need a young corner rd 1 or 2 at least IMO.

Think its long odds he comes here but wont hurt him to have the Dolphins interested to help drive price during negotiations.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Josh Norman's camp is all about exceeding $14M/yr average. Still shooting for $15M. Don't seem as caught up in total guaranteed $

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Josh Norman's camp is all about exceeding $14M/yr average. Still shooting for $15M. Don't seem as caught up in total guaranteed $

Why would that be? The guranteed money is what matters, especially for an older player.

Still need a young corner rd 1 or 2 at least IMO.

Think its long odds he comes here but wont hurt him to have the Dolphins interested to help drive price during negotiations.

Norman and Maxwell are only 28, plus we have McCain, Ekpre-Olumu, and Lippett in the fold behind them. Drafting a CB in rounds 1 -2 considering our other needs would be a luxury, to say the least.

Sign Norman and there's no 3rd round comp pick for OV walking in free agency. So basically letting all of our free agents walk would amount to nothing other than creating new holes on the team.

Sign Norman and there's no 3rd round comp pick for OV walking in free agency. So basically letting all of our free agents walk would amount to nothing other than creating new holes on the team.

But filling our biggest need now....

Norman>OV for the money

Norman and Maxwell are only 28, plus we have McCain, Ekpre-Olumu, and Lippett in the fold behind them. Drafting a CB in rounds 1 -2 considering our other needs would be a luxury, to say the least.

McCain plays the slot Ekpre hasnt played a down yet in NFL, Lippett may pan out but we need another boundary corner and also another nickel option...and depth.

Back
Top Bottom