Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

Would love to get him but I have a feeling the Dolphins are going to be used as leverage. Agents LOVE when Miami is involved. Ross pays big $$$$. Book it.

There's a lot of truth to this.

I'd take it easy on the "elite" talk about this guy. A good starter for sure, but he didn't exactly get that elite money he wanted, and now, is a FA.

If they sign him I go LB or DE in Round 1 unless a top RB is available. Still need a G with the 2nd rd pick and in Rd 3 pick whichever position wasn't addressed on Day 1.

If they sign him I go LB or DE in Round 1 unless a top RB is available. Still need a G with the 2nd rd pick and in Rd 3 pick whichever position wasn't addressed on Day 1.

That's what I love about this potential option and even better IMO if the tailb thing is really in play, because it opens up so much with what we can do draft wise and won't leave the boundary to a rookie, we can still go high on a corner as well if the talent is there and we want to potentially dump one of the vets next year... Unlikely but hey it's the offseason lol

Free Agent: Josh Norman

Josh Norman just saw Jerry Maguire and now he believes he has earned $Money$. What a beauitful destination Miami be would be for him, the sunshine, beautiful soon to be stadium, and a head coach who is all about winning. Norman would excel in Vance Joseph's system. Our front four is underrated because Mario Williams was underutilized in Rex Ryan's 3-4 scheme. The good thing is Tannenbaum knows everyone in the NFL and he is used to making these type of decisions. We will find out in the morning what is going on but expect Miami to show interest. He will fit well in the culture Miami is trying to build.

Mock Draft:
Trade back if possible, Robert Nkemidiche, Ole Miss Rebels
Trade back into the first if possible,2nd, Derrick Henry Roll Tide
Round 3rd-7th BPA with Zone Blocking O-lineman that are strong, LB's, and TE's

Dude, exact same guys I'm praying we draft.. Strong and nasty.. Throw in S Karl Joseph and G Chris Westerman, now we're talking talent and attitude.

I'd take it easy on the "elite" talk about this guy. A good starter for sure, but he didn't exactly get that elite money he wanted, and now, is a FA.

If he wasnt elite this past year, no one was.

I just don't like his age, not for where our roster currently is sitting.

Guys humor me here. What does Miami need to do realistically to sign Norman and our picks, who gets cut or restructured?

Trade especially from QB needy teams. You can't win without a QB now-a-days.

Guys humor me here. What does Miami need to do realistically to sign Norman and our picks, who gets cut or restructured?

No one

We have 16 mil in cap I believe. We need 5-6 to sign draft picks leaves 10 easy and even if the Norman contract is that 16 per avg, the structure of contracts these days usually have low first year cap hits due to signing bonus. We also project to have a lot of cap next year so it can be structured to have a big number next year similar to how they did the Wallace/such contracts...

No one

We have 16 mil in cap I believe. We need 5-6 to sign draft picks leaves 10 easy and even if the Norman contract is that 16 per avg, the structure of contracts these days usually have low first year cap hits due to signing bonus. We also project to have a lot of cap next year so it can be structured to have a big number next year similar to how they did the Wallace/such contracts...

Pouncey could be restructured. I believe Suh has already been restructured.

Interesting but I think he goes to Cali. Blessings my youth and big up all ganja man dem!!!

Nobody. Unless Norman wants big money year 1 (he could have gotten $13.9M by signing the tender with Carolina), he could agree to a backloaded deal, kind of like Byron Maxwell did in Philadelphia.

It's a doable scenario for Miami but if it happens, it more or less ends other FA options like Arian Foster, Leon Hall, Jason Jones, etc unless they come in on veteran minimum deals.

Back
Top Bottom