Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

Remember when Roddy White said Josh Norman wasn’t elite and his success was based on zone coverage and cover-2? Sure seems Gettleman agrees.@JeffDarlington

Then run cover 2. I don't get why some coaches refuse to coach to player strengths.

Reports are Pantherd won't budge on the contract.

He must be asking for stupid money.

Wow....

Looking for $16 a year.

Probably something like 5 Year / $80 / $50 guaranteed?

Miami has yet to make their yearly splash in FA...better later than never

A qb could have 8 game under thier belt and some team would give up 18m or qb that had one good yr 20m but when it come to shut down cb they don't believe in it...nfl need be real w pay scale. They are about 6 qb worth 20m in nfl rest are 10m qb.

No way he comes to this dumpster fire...but if he did I would sure be happy!!!

Carolina did with Norman what Miami did with Vernon. They knew he wasn't worth what he wanted, so they said, 'Fine, go **** someone else over.' The Panthers put virtually no resources into their secondary; they consistently let guys who outperform expectations walk, because they're confident that they can find other guys to outperform expectations. Mike Mitchell had more INT's and sacks in his one year in Carolina than in his two years combined in Pittsburgh or his four years combined in Oakland. In fact, if you combine his six seasons with Oakland or Pittsburgh he would have one more interception and half a sack less than his one season in Carolina. Cortland Finnegan was playing well enough after Charles Tillman, who was playing very well within the system, went down with his season-ending injury. Norman is a better CB than Mitchell was a S in Carolina, but you have to take these factors into account, particularly when the guy is asking 16M per. Also, at almost any cost, avoid paying high premiums on players with limited or inconsistent production. One good year and one great year does not equate to 16M per.

Aqib Talib is an asshole, but in terms of the player, he's a good deal better than Norman. Probably because he's a jerk, he's a very underrated player.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MitcMi99.htm

Carolina did with Norman what Miami did with Vernon. They knew he wasn't worth what he wanted, so they said, 'Fine, go **** someone else over.' The Panthers put virtually no resources into their secondary; they consistently let guys who outperform expectations walk, because they're confident that they can find other guys to outperform expectations. Mike Mitchell had more INT's and sacks in his one year in Carolina than in his two years combined in Pittsburgh or his four years combined in Oakland. In fact, if you combine his six seasons with Oakland or Pittsburgh he would have one more interception and half a sack less than his one season in Carolina. Cortland Finnegan was playing well enough after Charles Tillman, who was playing very well within the system, went down with his season-ending injury. Norman is a better CB than Mitchell was a S in Carolina, but you have to take these factors into account, particularly when the guy is asking 16M per. Also, at almost any cost, avoid paying high premiums on players with limited or inconsistent production. One good year and one great year does not equate to 16M per.

Aqib Talib is an asshole, but in terms of the player, he's a good deal better than Norman. Probably because he's a jerk, he's a very underrated player.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MitcMi99.htm

That's my feelings as well

I'll counter though, Joesph is supposedly a secondary guru. I think he could get repeat consistent play out of him, no?

I definitely prefer Aqib Talib.. I know he can cover the big TE's like Gronk we have to face twice a year. He is also an elite corner and besides his age, he is still a #1 corner in this league.

Man what a huge addition this would be... I would throw a ton of money his way as quickly as possible

I definitely prefer Aqib Talib.. I know he can cover the big TE's like Gronk we have to face twice a year. He is also an elite corner and besides his age, he is still a #1 corner in this league.

Trade for Aquib and sign Norman...

Damn you Madden 16!

Personally I think his level of play far surpasses what OV has shown over the course of his career. But it's a very fair point, and most guys on the market get paid more than they really deserve. I just think from a need and schematic standpoint it's a no-brainer move for me. I think you pair him with Maxwell and all of a sudden you have an elite CB tandem. If you cut Maxwell next year or re-work his contract, you free up a bunch of the space Norman would be anyway. We have the money, we have the need. It would free up the draft as well. I'm in the minority, but if Zeke is there that's a special player and a workhorse. It would really open up our draft, and give us an extremely imposing secondary.

Back
Top Bottom