Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

We are not one or two players away and we only have 11 mil in cap space after rookie salaries. They still gotta draft well or we are screwed anyway. Half of our team (22 players) are free agents next year. Not a good move IMO. Gotta get those prime positions in the draft for small money.

Very good player, but he is asking for crazy money. I would pass.....

Great point.

If we do sign Norman you can toss the press scheme out the window, IMO. But it would also show VJ's willingness to work with a very good player regardless of fit which I would admire.

Ian Rapoport ‏@AlrightNotBad1 5m5 minutes ago
And It Looks Like The Miami Dolphins Will Have The First Crack At Josh Norman Looks To Visit With Team On Thursday

That is not the correct Rap twitter account above..

CB Norman a free agent as Panthers rescind tag

Should the Dolphins look into signing him?

Sweet. Let the 49ers pay and VH3 slide on down.

Why can't he just be Vernon Hargreaves II. Van Halen 3 album sucked. It's the only one that sucked. But, seriously VH3 is who I want us to draft. Which means we will not get him.

Yes. Yes they should. This is the kind of db you pair with a guy like Rashad Jones and get lots of options on D.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Teams that looked for a big-time CB in free agency and didn't come up with one: The #Rams, #Bears, #49ers, #Titans, etc. All have cap space.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 47m47 minutes ago
Yes, Josh Norman has already heard from teams trying to sign him or bring him in for a visit. This could move quickly.

he's not coming here there are too many other teams that have more cap space than we do.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Teams that looked for a big-time CB in free agency and didn't come up with one: The #Rams, #Bears, #49ers, #Titans, etc. All have cap space.

exactly

I already see that we are being gun shy this season in terms of big contracts, and I doubt it will change. I would take the chance on drafting corners and developing the ones we have now. We can't afford to have yet another huge contract and continue to go 8-8...I don't think we are a team that can afford to pay him big money, not because of the cap, but because of the strategy we have taken this entire off season...this move would off set all the strategy the front office has been taking.

If he gets inside of the facility, do not let him leave without a contract. Though knowing this team it will be a one year deal and this team needs more time than that to right this ship..........

Remember when Roddy White said Josh Norman wasn’t elite and his success was based on zone coverage and cover-2? Sure seems Gettleman agrees.@JeffDarlington

Back
Top Bottom