*** Official Los Angeles Rams @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Los Angeles Rams @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** WK8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really taking a cautious position on this game.
Everything is based on Tua coming out and looking like the second coming.
But we can't forget this is the kid's 1st NFL start and it might not be so smooth.

Everything about the Rams suggest we need to be firing on all cylinders to have a chance.

I just hope...what i'm i saying. If the kid doesn't play well. You don't want to be around this board or anywhere for atleast 1 week until the next game. It's going to be nasty around here and very likely it isn't going to be fair criticism.
Agreed. The Rams are a tough team. Expectations are at an all time high for Miami fans. Including myself. But I'm being cautious. I know this game is going to be a tough one to win. I'm truly not expecting much from a rookie, but am hopeful he'll be as good as advertised. Its imperative that Miami knows what its got in the kid, heading into 2021.

Agreed. The Rams are a tough team. Expectations are at an all time high for Miami fans. Including myself. But I'm being cautious. I know this game is going to be a tough one to win. I'm truly not expecting much from a rookie, but am hopeful he'll be as good as advertised. Its imperative that Miami knows what its got in the kid, heading into 2021.
If Fitzpatrick were starting, I'd be confident in a win. Everything is against the Rams: Short week, cross country, early game, still hot

With Tua starting, it's hard to tell. If he plays well, Miami wins. If he doesn't, they probably lose.

JMO, but I think fans will know a lot about Flo, OL, and TT by the end of 1Q if the D is unprepared for the sweep, the OL is getting abused, and TT is erratic by end of 1Q, it will be a long game

If Fitzpatrick were starting, I'd be confident in a win. Everything is against the Rams: Short week, cross country, early game, still hot

With Tua starting, it's hard to tell. If he plays well, Miami wins. If he doesn't, they probably lose.

This isn't the banged up 49ers D nor the banged up Jags or the lowley Jets. If Fitz was starting i'd be even less confident we win on offense. This is one of those types where you can't turn it over and the QB needs to make good decisions overrall with the ball.

Last edited:
for years now this has been the type of game where the team lays an egg. It could go either way but it's only his first start with no pre season games and just two passes in the game two weeks ago so if it goes bad it's not the end of the world. Marino had a great first start and we still lost that game so even if Tua plays well we could still lose. People need to simmer down a bit.

Biggest question is if Miami wins the toss, do they defer as usual or put Tua out there? I imagine the crowd would not be happy if they deferred. :shrug:

for years now this has been the type of game where the team lays an egg. It could go either way but it's only his first start with no pre season games and just two passes in the game two weeks ago so if it goes bad it's not the end of the world. Marino had a great first start and we still lost that game so even if Tua plays well we could still lose. People need to simmer down a bit.
On the other hand, the Rams have no tape on Tua. No dependable tendencies to study, and a very nebulous idea what to expect.

I have to believe a sharp guy like old Chan has some stuff he dusted off from the archives, that will catch the Rams off guard. That should do til half time adjustments.

I think our disciplined "D" can keep them from lighting it up. I doubt the lights are too bright for TT. The rest is just about game plans, and execution.

Biggest question is if Miami wins the toss, do they defer as usual or put Tua out there? I imagine the crowd would not be happy if they deferred. :shrug:
I guess...

My preference is to defer, unless you have a "greatest show on turf" type thing going.

Defer always! Allow our strongest unit to set the tone and help the kid take the jitters off.

Goff's first game was against the Fins and we stifled him hopefully the tables won't be turned on us tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom