Official: Melo to the Knicks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official: Melo to the Knicks

Yet you think Magic are?

We are only 2.5 games back from first without being healthy at all this season...
Yes, I do think the Magic are elite. They've made deep pushes into the playoffs recently, where as the Bulls havn't done jack**** until this year. The Bulls are very good, but elite IMO means perenially good and perenially a threat to make it to the finals.

they should have just waited until the offseason and come back next year loaded . . . they ain't makin it this year and they would have had a MUCH better team next year. Oh well.

Yes, I do think the Magic are elite. They've made deep pushes into the playoffs recently, where as the Bulls havn't done jack**** until this year. The Bulls are very good, but elite IMO means perenially good and perenially a threat to make it to the finals.
You dont think the Bulls are a threat to make the finals yet you think the heat who are 1-6 againts top teams are a threat.
Also dont bring up playoff pushes recently because Magic and Bulls are completely Different...

You dont think the Bulls are a threat to make the finals yet you think the heat who are 1-6 againts top teams are a threat.
Also dont bring up playoff pushes recently because Magic and Bulls are completely Different...
That's not at all what I'm saying. I do think the Bulls are a threat, I'm simply saying that at this point, they aren't elite IMO.

ny should see if there is anything they could do to get a lopez/nash deal done....
I don't think there is any chance Phoenix trades Lopez. Trading Nash is unlikely IMO, but I see no chance that Lopez gets traded. I think Phoenix is going to stay with what they have and see if they can make a run at the playoffs. Their odds are very favorable considering the fact that 2 playoff teams in the West right now are in compelte disarray. The Jazz have yet to win a game in the post Jerry Sloan era, and the Nuggets just traded away their star player. Things are looking good in the valley of the sun right now.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I do think the Bulls are a threat, I'm simply saying that at this point, they aren't elite IMO.
I respect your opinon but dont see how we are not when the top 5 rebounder in the league has been out and early in the season a top 5 PF was out and we are still up there with the Celtics and Heat and above the Magic.

I respect your opinon but dont see how we are not when the top 5 rebounder in the league has been out and early in the season a top 5 PF was out and we are still up there with the Celtics and Heat and above the Magic.
I'm basing it off of the last few years as well as this year. I just don't like to throw out the term 'elite' at the drop of a hat. When I think elite, I think about teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and maybe even the Spurs. All teams that are perenially good, and teams that are always in the mix in the playoffs. I just think the Heat are elite because I don't see how many teams are going to be able to beat them 4 times out of 7.

The Bulls are certainly a contender, but like I said, I use the term 'elite' to describe teams that ALWAYS contend.

Oh great another EC team bulks up, now there's 6 teams that are legitimately dangerous/contenders. Celtics, Heat, Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Hawks. The pendulum is finally starting to swing back towards the East after the west had most of the dominant teams the last decade+

Knicks are still not going to get passed the Celtics and will struggle against the Heat b/c of lack of Defense. The only upper echelon team they match up well with in the post season is the Bulls. Boozer will not be able to handle Stoudamire or Anthony and as of right now, there is no telling what kind of condiiton Noah will be in when he gets back.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

jalen rose: knicks have the 5th best starting lineup in the NBA..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

have to hate this guy...

He talks outta his *** so much.

At least they managed to keep Fields and Douglas.

I don't see them being much better than they were before the trade. They're still going to suck on defense.....you know Amare and 'Melo are going to end up playing center and pf more often than any other combo. And I don't see how Billups is that much of an upgrade over Felton. Ray fit beautifully with D'Antonio.

Hard to fault them.....its something they had to do. There was no guarantee he would ever get out of Denver in the offseason and signing him as a free agent would have been a very difficult task. Still I don't think they're contending anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom