Official: Melo to the Knicks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official: Melo to the Knicks

Walsh already stated that he wants to find a center before the end of the trading deadline. Nobody wants Turiaf starting.

Its going to take time to round out the roster......just like it will with the Heat. Everyone knows they're going to go after DWill/CP3/Howard as the third spoke and if they can pull that off it'll be another great decade long rivalry.

No need to be simple minded. Points determine games, and if you're giving up a lot of them, guess what, you're not very good defensively. And it's not like Phoenix made up for giving up a lot of points by doing other things. 14th and 16th in opponent FG% those 2 years. 21st and 25th in steals. 13th and 15th in blocks. 20th both years in opposing 3 point %. So please, explain to me again when D'Antoni ever coached a "very good defense", because it's never happened, and it never will, especially when you get rid of your only perimeter defender in Chandler, and replace him with a god awful defender like Carmelo.

The only stat that matters when measuring a team's defense is points given up per possession. You could have the best defense in the league and give up the most points if you ran a hundred plays a game. We had some very good defensive squads in the 80s that gave up more points than the worst defensive teams of the late 90s. Steals and blocks run a close second and third to points per game and the most meaningless stats when determining the quality of a defense. Those stalwart defenses in Golden State and Memphis lead the league in steals. Washington and the almighty NY Knicks in blocks.

Sunday.

Knicks @ Heat

clear.gif

Walsh already stated that he wants to find a center before the end of the trading deadline. Nobody wants Turiaf starting.

Its going to take time to round out the roster......just like it will with the Heat. Everyone knows they're going to go after DWill/CP3/Howard as the third spoke and if they can pull that off it'll be another great decade long rivalry.

The only stat that matters when measuring a team's defense is points given up per possession. You could have the best defense in the league and give up the most points if you ran a hundred plays a game. We had some very good defensive squads in the 80s that gave up more points than the worst defensive teams of the late 90s. Steals and blocks run a close second and third to points per game and the most meaningless stats when determining the quality of a defense. Those stalwart defenses in Golden State and Memphis lead the league in steals. Washington and the almighty NY Knicks in blocks.

19th and 16th in defensive effieciency. As I said, D'Antoni has never, and will never coach even a top 15 defensive team, and will never coach a team to an NBA championship, guaranteed.

19th and 16th in defensive effieciency. As I said, D'Antoni has never, and will never coach even a top 15 defensive team, and will never coach a team to an NBA championship, guaranteed.

Alright....we're getting closer aren't we? Defensive efficiency is usually a nice statistic which varies based on how its defined. I prefer points per possession, a possession being defined by a reset in the play clock. To me that's the most accurate assessment of what a team can do on the defensive end.

Heat will win, no big mystery there. year or two from now who knows. Knicks are presently an unfinished product. Enjoy your time in the Sun....while it lasts.

You act as if the Heat are a team that was put together through trades with expiring contracts and old core players. Our team isn't some band-aid team that was put together with a win now mentality. The Heat are built for the long haul.

And I like how you state that the Knicks are an unfinished product. What the hell do you think is going on with Heat? We don't have a state tax so players get almost their whole salary compared to anywhere else. We have two top teir superstars and 1 second teir superstar signed for the next several years and all 3 of them are in their prime. How fast do you really think the sun is gonna set on them?

Do me a favor, next you see Stoudamire putting in some serious minutes, count how many heat/ice packs he has on that surgically repaired knee of his when he's on the bench.

While it lasts.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait till Donnie Walsh leaves NY and goes back to Indy and Isaiah leaves my state and runs the Knicks right into the ground again.

yea the knicks cant beat the Heat, the Knicks are still one of the worst defensive teams in the league. maybe in the future they will add more to that team but Miami will add a better center and pg in the coming years as well. Miami is not done just like NY isnt done

You act as if the Heat are a team that was put together through trades with expiring contracts and old core players. Our team isn't some band-aid team that was put together with a win now mentality. The Heat are built for the long haul.

And I like how you state that the Knicks are an unfinished product. What the hell do you think is going on with Heat? We don't have a state tax so players get almost their whole salary compared to anywhere else. We have two top teir superstars and 1 second teir superstar signed for the next several years and all 3 of them are in their prime. How fast do you really think the sun is gonna set on them?

Do me a favor, next you see Stoudamire putting in some serious minutes, count how many heat/ice packs he has on that surgically repaired knee of his when he's on the bench.

While it lasts.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait till Donnie Walsh leaves NY and goes back to Indy and Isaiah leaves my state and runs the Knicks right into the ground again.

Dude, you are going to have a long wait for Isaiah, but what ever you want to do with your time is cool with me. Also, I never said we would win the championship I said we would be in the running along with the heat. Wade tears an achilles and we surpass them with your logic.

Dude, you are going to have a long wait for Isaiah, but what ever you want to do with your time is cool with me. Also, I never said we would win the championship I said we would be in the running along with the heat. Wade tears an achilles and we surpass them with your logic.

No team is ever in the running for a championship when they play no defense. As I've stated before, as a Sixers fan I'm ecstatic about the trade because I know the Knicks are only interested in winning regular season games, and not championships.

No team is ever in the running for a championship when they play no defense. As I've stated before, as a Sixers fan I'm ecstatic about the trade because I know the Knicks are only interested in winning regular season games, and not championships.

I am glad you are happy with the trade, so am I. Again the knicks are not done here so all this talk about no defense is moot in 2 years when they may very well have other personnel and a different coach. You all have sing the same refrain and you may be right for the time being but tell me in 2 years whether I was completely wrong or not in saying the Knicks will matter like the heat and the Bulls, Boston and the Lakers.

I am glad you are happy with the trade, so am I. Again the knicks are not done here so all this talk about no defense is moot in 2 years when they may very well have other personnel and a different coach. You all have sing the same refrain and you may be right for the time being but tell me in 2 years whether I was completely wrong or not in saying the Knicks will matter like the heat and the Bulls, Boston and the Lakers.

It could change, but it's doubtful when the core of your team is 2 god awful defenders in Stoudemire and Anthony. Who knows, maybe when the Knicks smarten up and fire D'Antoni they can land a guy like Thibodeu. But as long as D'Antoni is coaching the Knicks, I can guarantee they won't come close to winning a championship.

It has nothing to do with my logic, it has to do with Stoudamires ability to play on his surgically repaired knee without putting heat or ice on his knees, not how Wade might tear his achilies.

BTW, your the one that said for us to enjoy the Heat's time in the sun while it lasts, whatever the hell that means. I take that as your logic being the Knicks are about to go on a Championship run and the Heat are about to fade or something. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And James Dolan consulting with Isiah while Donnie Walsh is still team president? I don't think I have to wait that long. It'll be even greater if he destroys that franchise pro-bono. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The funny thing is is that Walsh has to be the best thing to happen to the Knicks since Ewing but Dolan is too blind to realize that.

Congratulations sir, your team has become the pre-Tyson Chandler era Dallas Mavericks/Pheonix Suns.

Back
Top Bottom