*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1 | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ CHICAGO BEARS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot say it's pointless watching preseason games......only thing it's showed me so far is I'm right to be extremely concerned about this offensive lines ability to open holes against anybody and pass protect against decent lines.

Concerning imo

A lot say it's pointless watching preseason games......only thing it's showed me so far is I'm right to be extremely concerned about this offensive lines ability to open holes against anybody and pass protect against decent lines.

Concerning imo

You might wanna change your glasses and also note this opponent was ranked top 5 agaisnt the run last season.

You might wanna change your glasses and also note this opponent was ranked top 5 agaisnt the run last season.
You think the o-line held up well today? If so, that would be encouraging. Won't pretend to be an expert on offensive line play. But out of any position group on the team, that's the one I'm most worried about.

A lot of the top QBs in the league have both. You can develop "dissect a field and a defense." You can't develop running ability, arm strength (you actually can to an extent), size, athleticism, ect....
You can teach a toolsy QB who has never read a defense to do that longterm much the same way you can develop Clyde Gates and Jerome Grant into dominant receivers because they are insanely fast. I mean yeah, of course you can't give a guy physical skills he doesn't have, but it's not that easy to teach a guy who has played a game for 10-15 years a certain way to have to learn to do things that have never been demanded of them over their lifetime of playing the game a certain way.

But you're getting into QB prospect philosophy. I'm more talking about development. My whole point is that you can throw an athletic QB in the game early and have early returns, counter to what the old belief used to be, but it can actually be counter to their longterm development if a guy needs to learn to be more than a one read and run type of guy, yet early game action before he has learned to do anything else is only going to reinforce his reliance on the play style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom