*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans Game Thread *** Wk8 Tnf | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans Game Thread *** Wk8 Tnf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows when Osweiler turns into the old Osweiler. I know you hope it will be soon. But the fact is in a game where your two top receivers are out the QB is not a concern.

Well, you "think" you know a lot of things. I've said several times that I hope everyone continues to play well. I am not in the #QBWinz camp like so many on this forum. I'll never convince most people (not that I care) but my arguments in favor of Tannehill have always been more about what is actually wrong with the team (OL usually) at a particular time than about Tannehill specifically.

The proof is that I have been quick to acknowledge when the OL plays well and credit them for the impact on the offense's performance. I have never been "it's Tannehill when things go right and the OL when things go wrong".....

In fact, after the Bears game, my main comment was that if the OL plays like that, we will go to the playoffs. I didn't qualify it with a QB.....

Roll on 1:20am, it's not a proper season until I've stayed up til 4:30am to see the Dolphins lose, badly. Can't wait!!
Did that last season, went to sleep early and set alarm for middle of night and watched us get spanked by Baltimore in a shut out. Not a chance in hell im doing it tonight.

So you gonna try and skate in at 9 and 7 huh. Ok. Bet you will be on the outside looking in.

I agree. Too much competition from Pitt, Cincy, Balt, SD, KC. Two of those will be Div winners. Tenn, Jax, and Hou could put together a good season too.

9-7 just isn't going to cut it this year, especially with a conference losses against Houston and Cincy.

We can't possibly look any worse than our Primetime games last year. Can we?
It’s year three, bottom like Gase has told us this is a resilient team, a team he respects when it comes to dealing with adversity, the whole getting blowout on the road in big games/prime time games has to stop tonite, otherwise how much more indicting can we continue to allow.

You guys either ignore or don’t look at all 22s if you think the qb is not a primary concern going into this one.

Brock could easily take us out of the game tonight
What has Ryan Tannehill showed you on the road, in big games that he can deal with a comprised pocket in a hostile environment?

I'm excited to see what Brock can do with depleted receiving corp on a short week. The goal is to score 24+.

Tannehill is 100000x better than Brock, but Brock is playing it safe which I don't actually mind. We need to get Grant more touches and involve Ballage. I dont know why Gase takes 10 games per season to start featuring Grant.

I don’t mind playing it safe either. Unless it’s pa type shots designed to gain chunk yards he’s bailing on from the get go.

He’s not fooling me. He’s going the dump route to avoid the mistakes that have plagued his career.

But if you pay attention enough you will see the spider cracks are still there. From the lack of head and eye discipline in his drop on sticks primary routes to the not accounting for the zone lb level location wise when he’s zeroed in on a progression. They are just running under his eyes.

And he’s thinking dump a lot cause in Miami’s offense the dump is always there. That’s fine and all as long as you aren’t skipping progressions in the process. He’s already missed probably 5 plus intermediate over routes cause his mindset is safe and dump.

We know that Brock goes primary to dump. Thats it. There is nothing else there which is why his TD to Still surprised the hell out of me last week.

He needs to take shots on the PA plays. He needs to go to Grant deep. Like 3-5 times per game. Its asinine how we dont especially when Grant is going against a single high look that shades the opposites side.

I think we win this one, Wake and Quinn should feast. I usually think we gonna win, but not last week. Stafford is a beast, I remember the comeback from last time!

Last edited:
Anyone think we can make the playoffs this year at 9-7 is just dreaming or maybe you live in Colorado and are getting some good stuff. Having said that, getting to 9 weeks won't be easy at this point but even if we do, 9 wins will not get us the wildcard imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom