*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAME THREAD *** WK12 | Page 102 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAME THREAD *** WK12

did anyone else see matt moore call out the mike in a 2 lb off the los look to set the protection and that lb signal with a hand on his right buttocks to the other lb? basically he waited for moore to call out a backer and the other was gonna come post snap no pre snap show means little post snap look to it by the oline or back once the qb sets the protection

and it got home with ease

why doesn't Miami do stuff like that?

I just don't see corner or safety top 10 pick to Miami

but I don't see qb either...I think they will give tanny 2018 without any early first round comp for the media to run with...but get seriously hurt in 2018 and yeah I can see 2019 being all in on a qb

2nd rounder though I think qb could be in play...they can't leave themselves in this situation again

i think we are gonna treat this exactly like the colts are treating Andrew luck...he's my guy in 2018

only difference being they have already acquired their 2 deep with upside

I wouldn't mind Jackson in the 2nd round though

He shines on tight window throws between the numbers.

Misfires a good bit

Anyone who thinks he throws better than Tanne show them this, Tanne destroys him outside the numbers.

He hasn't hit a deep out or comeback all year.

Probably second best arm after Josh Allen

Deep ball accuracy is an issue

once he runs sub 4.5 they wont care

I've seen it too many times

they got the pistol and zone read and everything they can work off it in their back pockets

kid better slide

he comes in at 6 foot 3 and 215 and runs sub 4.5 they will overlook the pocket stuff and bet on development of it and progressions over time

did anyone else see matt moore call out the mike in a 2 lb off the los look to set the protection and that lb signal with a hand on his right buttocks to the other lb? basically he waited for moore to call out a backer and the other was gonna come post snap no pre snap show means little post snap look to it by the oline or back once the qb sets the protection

and it got home with ease

why doesn't Miami do stuff like that?

Good question.

once he runs sub 4.5 they wont care

I've seen it too many times

they got the pistol and zone read and everything they can work off it in their back pockets

kid better slide

Lol u may be right, but dude can barely speak, I can't imagine him gaining the respect of NFL players (from pompano beach), I don't think NFL teams will lobby for him as the face of their franchise. Theres a lot of politics in this stuff.

it was lethal quick acceleration to top speed that drove rg3s rookie year...of course he ran to contact...Jackson shows off that same acceleration and people will salivate over the zone read qb beat you with his legs possibilities

he runs to contact though and he like rg3 will find the same fate...kids like this better not lose their legs and acceleration

he could run what Cleveland is asking deshone kizer to run right now...similar packages to what deshaun Watson was asked to do too...limit the pocket read qb exposure play

run 4.4 flat and kid you can walk out the building deion sanders style

assuming you are a legit 6 foot 3 and 215

it was lethal quick acceleration to top speed that drove rg3s rookie year...of course he ran to contact...Jackson shows off that same acceleration and people will salivate over the zone read qb beat you with his legs possibilities

he runs to contact though and he like rg3 will find the same fate...kids like this better not lose their legs and acceleration

he could run what Cleveland is asking deshone kizer to run right now...similar packages to what deshaun Watson was asked to do too...limit the pocket read qb exposure play

run 4.4 flat and kid you can walk out the building deion sanders style

assuming you are a legit 6 foot 3 and 215

He has a Narrow slight frame, he's not thick boned like Vick was, NFL has put such a large premium on passers now, the game has evolved since 2012, Watson had a lot of promise as a passer in college.

you can't trust sam darnold to make a lot of reads from the pocket right now either but that just looks like it's a matter of reps and time...teams will bet on that every time

whereas with a Jackson well you damn well better hope he doesn't sustain injuries that effect his meal ticket out the gate...his legs and the threat of them

does have a thin looking torso

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=tw-cf-sf174075992-sf174075992&sf174075992=1

When I've discussed Jackson with scouting colleagues, I've heard him described as a "wow" athlete with intriguing talent. An AFC scout told me that he is a "create-a-player" playmaker with a set of skills that are typically associated with five-star players in video games. On the other hand, I've had plenty of scouts tell me that Jackson is more of a thrower than a passer and his sub-60 percent completion rate (59.8 percent this season) reflects his struggles with accuracy and ball placement.

Jackson is at his best when throwing isolation routes (seams and skinny posts) or simple reads (slants-flats; stick-go and curl-flat). Offensive coordinators will feature those concepts prominently in spread offenses, but NFL coordinators typically opt for full-field reads or pure progression concepts that require the quarterback to tie his eyes to his feet in the pocket. Thus, Jackson still has a ways to go as a passer before convincing traditional play callers that he can fill the role as a high-end QB1.

you can't trust sam darnold to make a lot of reads from the pocket right now either but that just looks like it's a matter of reps and time...teams will bet on that every time

whereas with a Jackson well you damn well better hope he doesn't sustain injuries that effect his meal ticket out the gate...his legs and the threat of them

does have a thin looking torso

Skeptics worry about his frame, but he is noticeably bigger and thicker than a season ago. That's helped him become a more physical and effective runner on the perimeter.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=tw-cf-sf174075992-sf174075992&sf174075992=1

When I've discussed Jackson with scouting colleagues, I've heard him described as a "wow" athlete with intriguing talent. An AFC scout told me that he is a "create-a-player" playmaker with a set of skills that are typically associated with five-star players in video games. On the other hand, I've had plenty of scouts tell me that Jackson is more of a thrower than a passer and his sub-60 percent completion rate (59.8 percent this season) reflects his struggles with accuracy and ball placement.

Jackson is at his best when throwing isolation routes (seams and skinny posts) or simple reads (slants-flats; stick-go and curl-flat). Offensive coordinators will feature those concepts prominently in spread offenses, but NFL coordinators typically opt for full-field reads or pure progression concepts that require the quarterback to tie his eyes to his feet in the pocket. Thus, Jackson still has a ways to go as a passer before convincing traditional play callers that he can fill the role as a high-end QB1.

bingo was his name o

bingo was his name o

but NFL coordinators typically opt for full-field reads or pure progression concepts that require the quarterback to tie his eyes to his feet in the pocket

I knew u would agree with that take.

Jackson does have some great traits as a passer like eye manipulation and he's really good at resetting his platform.

I wouldn't mind him in later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom