*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAME THREAD *** Week 1 | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAME THREAD *** Week 1

Lots of teams don't look good. Some teams that will probably be very good were horrible today. Some teams that were very good last year had bad week ones, like our opponents who ended up in the SB. All that matters is getting enough wins to make the playoffs.

I saw some glimpses today of a better team. I saw this team play the worst it seemed it possibly could through all but two minutes of the first half and still come back and made it a win. That's what winners have to do.

Exactly. Many people think Indy is going to the Superbowl this year. They lost to the Bills. We won. That is all that matters.

Typical Dolphins - playing down to the level of the opponent and squeaking out the win. Could have gone either way quite frankly.

Would have been nice to see them put away an inferior squad soundly...perhaps a sign of a different kind of season. But we'll take the W.

I'm tempering my enthusiasm after this game. It's a win, but a win over a team that has a below-average quarterback, internal issues and lost its best big-play threat in the first five minutes. Oh, and the Redskins were atrocious last year.

A lot of the same issues we've seen from the Dolphins -- coming out flat (a Philbin tradition), making crucial mistakes in scoring territory, not getting off the field on third down, missing tackles. If the Dolphins don't get a lot better against the run really quickly, this is going to be one of those years that has the torches-and-pitchforks crowd out in force.

Did Anyone enjoy this game?

Awful effort overall. Secondary is miles better than the front. Maybe bc Coyle coach the secondary actually.

RT was godawful today. I have no idea if threatening benching would help this year like it did last year. Miller hesitant all day. Lazor gets an F for ruining my Sunday. Suh did nothing all day. I want to see more Phillips in the lineup.

Exactly. Many people think Indy is going to the Superbowl this year. They lost to the Bills. We won. That is all that matters.

The Bills at home are going to be a tough, tough out. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go 7-1 or 8-0 at home.

Why is it us? Maybe it's just possible the skins are a much better team than anyone thought?
It was ugly, but a win as a win.
I just hope vernon and Sims are okay!

Reshad Jones looked really really good today. He's going to have to be steller because the other saftey spot is a giant question mark. I didn't hear mccains name all game until the great pick. I think thats good thing.

On the flip side, Jamar Taylor looked badddd. Constantly getting beaten and missing tackles.

On offense, Juice was the man per usual. It was a subpar game for tanny and they need to find ways to get Lamar miller the ball.

Ugly win, but I'll take it.

Very sloppy game. Our run D was terrible. Our pass rush almost non-existent. Our running game didn't work in the first half. Ryan missed some passes. R. Matthews had a key drop. Jordan Cameron was awesome. So was Landry and R. Jones.

Overall I expect this team to improve next week. A LOT.

The starters barely played this preseason. Hopefully this game shaked off the rust.
Playing the AFCE, this type of effort will not get it done.

Typical Dolphins - playing down to the level of the opponent and squeaking out the win. Could have gone either way quite frankly.

Would have been nice to see them put away an inferior squad soundly...perhaps a sign of a different kind of season. But we'll take the W.

If we would have run on first and goal from the 3 and if not for that crazy Tannehill fumble, we would have been up by two scores most of the game.

This game was ugly as sin, but I do have to give credit to the offense / special teams making their plays. Last year I don't think we were nearly as clutch or impactful on key plays.

Why is it us? Maybe it's just possible the skins are a much better team than anyone thought?
It was ugly, but a win as a win.
I just hope vernon and Sims are okay!

Vernon came back in the game.

A win is a win but you play like that against any team in the AFC East or most any other team in the league you are going to get blown out. The defense was exposed and Tannehill had a bad Game.

Coyle has one of those games. The game plan was terrible. The Skins run the ball and short passes. He had the pass rushers in there on running downs.
After halftime it got better.
Vigil replaced Sheppard who should not be playing football.
LaMike should be cut on Monday

I agree cut Lamike. Pick up Christian Jones

Back
Top Bottom