Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

I still believe that a Bibby deal is the way to go. best backcourt in basketball...period...if it gets done.
Disagree with best backcourt, but agree with the Bibby option being the way to go.

Izzy at the Herald is worthless. He ranted to my boy that the Bucks stopped at 42 million and that a sign and trade was being worked on..but was not likely.

He was dead wrong.

You're right. Izzy has zero sources, and is the dumbest "beat writer" possible. He rants off of speculation and the opinions of others. He's not to be trusted. If Izzy was first to report a deal, I wouldn't even post it on here because it would wind up bogus. He's an idiot and nothing more than someone who should be posting on a message board -- not being a "reliable" source for the Miami Heat. Ira is the only trustworthy Miami Heat source. He's the only one who has actual ties within the league, especially via executives.

I do believe him in this aspect though...he said...maggette being a heater will noly happen with a "bigtime" PG in place. Bigtime is not Jarret Jack.

Jarret Jack has skills...but he drives me nuts...and I am not a Blazer fan.
Mo Williams isn't even that "big time" of a PG. Izzy is talking out of his *** again. If LAC is asking for Jason Williams' expiring deal for Maggette, then it's a matter of whether or not we have another starting caliber PG on the roster (which currently, we don't), not a "big time" PG.

Jarrett Jack would be a nice player to have. He's 23-years old, he can defend, distribute, and he's currently in the process of developing his shot. He's slowly emerging into one of those guards who has no flaws in his game -- just doesn't do anything overly spectacular to develop into something great. However, probably as close to "solid" as you can find in a young PG. From what I've been told, it's Sergio Rodriquez on the block, though.. not Jack, unfortunately. I like Rodriquez as a prospect, but he'd be no better banking on than Juan Carlos Navarro.

Time to sell out...and unload for him. Pietreus is a guy that can be had for not much...pick...or Cook...cap space....etc...we take an albatross contract?
It's unknown whether or not Golden State would match an offer sheet for Pietrus as big as the MLE, but I wouldn't doubt it. I watched the Warriors quite a bit last year. I came across as impressed with Pietrus' defense and that corner triple where he's deadly, but overall, he's just dumb as hell. Ask any Warriors fan -- probably the lowest basketball IQ in the league. Not sure if I'd like to team a guy like that up with Dorell, who isn't exactly a mastermind yet, lol. I must prefer his teammate and current UNrestricted free agent, Matt Barnes. Many will call Barnes a product of that free lance offense, but you can't teach the hustle he brings. Very Posey-like, and younger with perhaps more athleticism.

I wouldn't be against Pietrus. But, I wouldn't be too excited about him either.

Dallas has Jerry Stackhouse on the block....they are hot after Posey....but they want him on the cheap...do we play ball?

Didn't they just re-sign Stackhouse? Not entirely sure, but if so, I don't think he can be traded until December or something like that. I'm not too sure though.

it wasn;t Mo's fault BTW....he ASKED for a sign and trade...(I know that for SURE) The Bucks couldn't use anything on our roster...other than us...unloading a ton of crap for him...which we didn't want to do.

Nah, he asked for more money, period. His word was, "pay me more, or work out a sign-and-trade to Miami where they would pay me more" -- once he was offered more, it was a wrap. Mo Williams never cared about Milwaukee or Miami. This was about the money. If the offers were even, he'd probably edge over to Miami. However, it was always about the money.

As for Posey, Cleveland is the leading candidate for his services.

No Finley just made a smart move to sign with the Spurs. There was really a huge chance that Miami might have gotten Mo. I guess he wants money over winning

So, who are we after now that Mo is staying with Milwaulke?

Whats the word on Payton, does he have anything left? I know he cant start anymore, or play any decent minutes, but would he be able to be a bench player who plays very limited minutes?

I feel as though he is done, but if he has anything left I wouldn't mind signing him for the minimum. He could just spell Nash, and play in defensive situations...

Imagine the D lineup the Suns could put on the floor if need be...

Gary Payton
Raja Bell
Grant Hill
Shawn Marion
Kurt Thomas

Those are 5 really good-great defensive players right there....

EDIT: I think I remember him playing Tony Parker pretty well in their last couple games, can anyone confirm this for me?

Payton hasn't been the glove since Seattle. Grant Hill hasn't been able to stop anyone in a while either.

Payton hasn't been the glove since Seattle. Grant Hill hasn't been able to stop anyone in a while either.
Fari enough...Admittedly, I haven't gotten to see either one play much in the last couple seasons...

I would like to think they are both better defenders than what we have outside of Marion, Bell, Thomas and maybe Amare...

I think Payton is done in Miami and that we will try to find PG thru a trade. Not sure who however I know the Heat are looking hard at someone

Heat should try to trade with the Kings again, try to get Ron Artest or Mike Bibby, or both of them. DO SOMETHING PAT RILEY! :D :tongue:

I think I may be one of the few people who think Quinn has a chance to be a very soilid PG......

Also if J-Wil stays healthy (big if) I don't think the PG spot is a weakness.

I think I may be one of the few people who think Quinn has a chance to be a very soilid PG......

Also if J-Wil stays healthy (big if) I don't think the PG spot is a weakness.

Jason Williams is a very good point guard, but the fact that he always gets injured is the sole reason why point guard was hyped as the Heat's biggest need. If Quinn can develop quickly, and if Williams can stay relatively healthy, the team is set at the position.

The bigger questions right now are whether or not Mourning is coming back (I guess we'll find that out tonight, and my hunch is that he will) and what in the hell the team's small forward position will look like.

Cuban305Fan said:
Heat should try to trade with the Kings again, try to get Ron Artest or Mike Bibby, or both of them. DO SOMETHING PAT RILEY! :D :tongue:

Please, enough with the Ron Artest bandwagon. I'd only want him in the AAA if he's a member of the visiting team or if he's checking tickets in the stands; preferably the latter, so he can at least have a legitimate excuse for getting into a fight with fans...

Word is that Riley is now going on vacation. :rolleyes: So yeaaaah.. I'm thinking nobody.

He's supposedly in Barcelona meeting with Juan Carlos Navarro.

rodriguez def. isnt on the block.....you guys dont have the three that portland needs, soooo jarrett jack is irrelivant

You are wrong about Rodriguez not being on the block.

Portland will certainly entertain offers.

They have no need for Rodriguez, Blake, and Jack.

Back
Top Bottom