Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

That's expected news. I think we all knew he wouldn't be ready that fast after Pat Riley announced it a couple of weeks back.

Shaq will ***** slap him if he does something stupid.

Then Shaq will never be able to play in games; he'll be too busy smacking Artest every five seconds.

KiNG said:
That makes no sense, but whatever. Think of it that way if you must.

What doesn't make sense is your assertion that I'm not making any sense. If Dan Marino had played in 2000 as a backup to Damon Huard, and Wannstedt described him as "the best backup QB in the NFL," wouldn't that hurt to hear?

Pietrus wouldn't be a bad pickup at the right price. He's still young and you know he can score and defend. He's just a confused individual 75% of the time the ball is in his hands.

This is a great discription of Pietrus. Barnes is definitely the better player at this point.

What doesn't make sense is your assertion that I'm not making any sense. If Dan Marino had played in 2000 as a backup to Damon Huard, and Wannstedt described him as "the best backup QB in the NFL," wouldn't that hurt to hear?

Um, no.

Look, it's a statement of the present -- not the past or future.

What is Zo presently? He's a damn backup center! :rolleyes2

No offense, but your stance is pointless, dude.

Then Shaq will never be able to play in games; he'll be too busy smacking Artest every five seconds.

Whats funny is that I can actually picture that.

Anyway Is Magette a FA?

What is Zo presently? He's a damn backup center! :rolleyes2

No offense, but your stance is pointless, dude.

I didn't say he shouldn't be a backup behind Shaq. I'm saying that it's disappointing he's ending his career as a #2 instead of a #1. I don't know why you consider this worthy of dispute.

Difference is that a backup played like Zo still plays 15 to 25 minutes in some games.

I didn't say he shouldn't be a backup behind Shaq. I'm saying that it's disappointing he's ending his career as a #2 instead of a #1. I don't know why you consider this worthy of dispute.

You're basically taking offense to Riles calling Zo "the best backup C in the league"

But whatever, dude. That doesn't make sense at all and that's my final stand.

Whats funny is that I can actually picture that.

Anyway Is Magette a FA?
Nah, but LAC would trade him for some help at other positions.

Guys...I would try like hell to sign Pietrus without dealing Posey in a sign and trade.

More is better in this case.

People complain about perimeter matchups with the Heat...the Heat can roll: Wade, Posey, Pietrus and Wright at the 2 and 3 spot if we did that. That is alot of athletes as well.

With one move...we would become an athletic team. (and would assure us of never seeing Walker at SF...ever.)

The talk is hot and heavy that Steve Francis is on Riley's radar.

remember this about our PG position....J-Will is in a contract year...and is talking about being healthy...I think he will have a big season looking for a pay check...

I think Steve Francis might end up in Houston, But I don't think it would be bad to have him in Miami for a year

You're basically taking offense to Riles calling Zo "the best backup C in the league"

But whatever, dude. That doesn't make sense at all and that's my final stand.

No, I'm not. You have the idea that I'm disputing Zo being the backup. That's not what I'm saying.

But if you just want to dismiss what I'm saying out of hand without really understanding what the point is in the first place, that's fine.

Any center in the league would be a back up to Shaq, its a given . Zo might come off the bench but he's just as if not sometimes more important than Diesel. I have always said if you could mix the two into one player you would have the best center ever to play the game. As far as Francis, I would love to see hime come here.

Guys...I would try like hell to sign Pietrus without dealing Posey in a sign and trade.

More is better in this case.

People complain about perimeter matchups with the Heat...the Heat can roll: Wade, Posey, Pietrus and Wright at the 2 and 3 spot if we did that. That is alot of athletes as well.

With one move...we would become an athletic team. (and would assure us of never seeing Walker at SF...ever.)

The talk is hot and heavy that Steve Francis is on Riley's radar.

remember this about our PG position....J-Will is in a contract year...and is talking about being healthy...I think he will have a big season looking for a pay check...
Steve Francis IMO is a back up to J-Will. I much rather have Jason starting.

Back
Top Bottom