Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason) | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Miami Heat "Warmup" Thread (Offseason)

FINALLY GOOD NEWS!

Alonzo Mourning is set to return for his 15th and final season:

LINK

MIAMI - Heat center Alonzo Mourning announced Sunday he will return next season.

Mourning told the crowd at his Zo's Summer Groove all-star charity game at AmericanAirlines Arena he again would welcome the opportunity to back up Shaquille O'Neal, a role he has filled the past three seasons.

FINALLY GOOD NEWS!

Alonzo Mourning is set to return for his 15th and final season:

Saw this coming a mile away.

Side question: am I the only one who's bothered by Zo being a backup? Yes, fine, he's behind Shaq, but for years he was one of the best centers in the NBA. Kidney or no kidney, to hear him described by Pat Riley as the best backup center in the NBA is painful.

Saw this coming a mile away.

Side question: am I the only one who's bothered by Zo being a backup? Yes, fine, he's behind Shaq, but for years he was one of the best centers in the NBA. Kidney or no kidney, to hear him described by Pat Riley as the best backup center in the NBA is painful.

I concur.

Jason Williams is a very good point guard, but the fact that he always gets injured is the sole reason why point guard was hyped as the Heat's biggest need. If Quinn can develop quickly, and if Williams can stay relatively healthy, the team is set at the position.

The bigger questions right now are whether or not Mourning is coming back (I guess we'll find that out tonight, and my hunch is that he will) and what in the hell the team's small forward position will look like.

Please, enough with the Ron Artest bandwagon. I'd only want him in the AAA if he's a member of the visiting team or if he's checking tickets in the stands; preferably the latter, so he can at least have a legitimate excuse for getting into a fight with fans...

Shaq will ***** slap him if he does something stupid. Tell me who'll guard Deng, Lebron, or any other great offensive player? Eddie Jones couldn't even handle Deng. Heat need a great defender, and a underrated scorer..

PG-Jwill/ Knight or Boykins???/ Quinn
SG-Wade/Eddie Jones/ Cook
SF-Artest/D.Wright/Walker
PF-Haslem/Walker/Marcus Slaughter
C-Shaq/ZO

^ This right here is my dream lineup. :tongue::rolleyes: WELCOME BACK ZO!!!

Kidney or no kidney, to hear him described by Pat Riley as the best backup center in the NBA is painful.

That makes no sense, but whatever. Think of it that way if you must.

Shaq will ***** slap him if he does something stupid. Tell me who'll guard Deng, Lebron, or any other great offensive player? Eddie Jones couldn't even handle Deng. Heat need a great defender, and a underrated scorer..

PG-Jwill/ Knight or Boykins???/ Quinn
SG-Wade/Eddie Jones/ Cook
SF-Artest/D.Wright/Walker
PF-Haslem/Walker/Marcus Slaughter
C-Shaq/ZO

So we trade nothing and wind up with Ron Artest? Interesting.

That makes no sense, but whatever. Think of it that way if you must.

So we trade nothing and wind up with Ron Artest? Interesting.

Posey (sign and trade), Simien, two 2nd round picks for Artest.

apparantly Rlles flew out to Barcelona to talk to Juan Carlos Navarro...Posey Meeting with Golden State, Miami Interested in Pietrus, sign n trade?............stay tuned

Posey (sign and trade), Simien, two 2nd round picks for Artest.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

They turned down Haslem, picks, and a filler on draft night.

They're not going to GIVE Artest away.

apparantly Rlles flew out to Barcelona to talk to Juan Carlos Navarro...Posey Meeting with Golden State, Miami Interested in Pietrus, sign n trade?............stay tuned

Well that's good news, Juan Carlos Navarro could fit well with the Heat.

I'd rather have Wright/Barnes as a combo, but whatever, I guess.

Pietrus wouldn't be a bad pickup at the right price. He's still young and you know he can score and defend. He's just a confused individual 75% of the time the ball is in his hands.

Barnes can defend, shoot, and in terms of b-ball IQ/Hustle he's Posey-like.

Dorell Wright was at Kobe's recent basketball camp, and has been working out with Kobe all summer. Kobe says that he thinks Dorell is going to be a stud -- I heard it myself this afternoon. If Kobe's convinced, then I am a bit more confused than before. He's just going to have to prove it on the court, which is easier said than done. However, there's no reason Dorell shouldn't see 25-30+ minutes per game this year, and Barnes would compliment him to perfection. Unless of course, we land Artest or Maggette.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

They turned down Haslem, picks, and a filler on draft night.

Shaq will visit King's GM, and starts rapping all night until they go crazy and they'll accept the trade. Done. That's Shaq's masterplan. :goof:

I really hope the Heat don't trade Haslem. I am sure Miami will make a deal before the season starts tho.

Zo to return next yr.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7025390?MSNHPHMA

Ending nearly three months of suspense about his future, the Miami Heat center said Sunday night at his annual Zo's Summer Groove charity game that he'll play again next season  a choice he kept secret to the end, insisting he was still deciding just hours before the actual announcement.
Truth was, Mourning's decision was made weeks ago. The Heat's reign as NBA champions ended with a first-round sweep this past season by the Chicago Bulls, and he simply isn't willing to let that be the final chapter in the book he's writing on his career.

Back
Top Bottom