***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 649 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two QBs on the roster. Both served suspensions at some point last year. I don't see what can go wrong.

Not much can go wrong if you don't have high expectations. I think it helped that my parents were both Canes alums from the mid '50s. They never had high expectations of the football program then were stunned when things turned remarkably positive for a couple of decades nearing the end of their lifespan.

But I talked about it all the time with them and we agreed it was fragile and hardly destined to last. That's why my dad taped almost every game from that era in Miami, and I taped as many as I could from Las Vegas.

Here's the long range perspective: Prior to the '80s glory era, the high point in Miami football was defeating Purdue the week after Purdue upset Notre Dame. There was even a parade for that accomplishment.

I was in disbelief every time my dad told me that story. That's not even a big deal...defeating a team after they beat a team. Letdowns and everything. Imagine Vikings fans celebrating a win over the Dolphins because the Dolphins just beat New England. Not a perfect comparison but you know what I am saying.

For that to be the state of the program prior to Schnellenberger is astonishing, in comparison to what the blueblood programs had already accomplished. I am a believer than everything tends to drift back to the beginning.

Just a question...At anytime,has Mario Cristobal ever been a candidate for the Canes head coaching job?If not,Why not?

Just a question...At anytime,has Mario Cristobal ever been a candidate for the Canes head coaching job?If not,Why not?
I think he was under consideration when they hired Golden and again when we hired Richt.

Twotter buzz is saying Perry might be suspended for the bowl game. That be the case, we will see what Williams can offer sooner than we thought. The staff can't be brain dead enough to start Rosier, right?

Right?

Twotter buzz is saying Perry might be suspended for the bowl game. That be the case, we will see what Williams can offer sooner than we thought. The staff can't be brain dead enough to start Rosier, right?

Right?

Careful what you ask for right :)
Hope the kid is ready to play. Rosier can back him up incase he fizzles.

They are starting a back up as well so it should be an interesting game. I think our defense wins the day with multiple tackles for loss and a few timely turnovers.

Immature kids with a little fame from football showing out.

I'd suspend him from the bowl and demand he get off social media since this is his second offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom