***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 760 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the new contracts being signed in recent weeks, Oregon can easily match the 10/100 which seems to be the going rate. If Mario was to come to Miami I think coming home will be the motivation because I have my doubts Miami will pay that much.

Though Mario may be able to keep some of the local talent, a lot of these kids leave not just because of coaching but competing for championships, facilities and even on campus stadiums come into play. Definitely a good hire but he'll face the same issues that past coaches have. A university that prioritizes education over athletics.
While I have been a Canes fan since 1960. The face is I have absolutely no problem with the University prioritizing education over athletics. The reality is that less than 1% of college athlete’s even get a chance to play at the professional level. So getting a solid college education should be the priority at UM and at every college in America.

Unfortunately football is far more important in many colleges than it should be and that’s why many college football HC‘s make multiple millions of dollars a year and the professors responsible for educating all the students make a pittance in comparison.

While it would be nice to see Mario return home. There is no way in the world he or any other head coach should be paid $10 million a year. If that’s the type of money he is looking for to return to Miami, I hope he enjoys his next 10 years in Oregon.

Since he has family in Miami and played football at UM, there might be a chance he would be willing to leave what he has in Oregon to come home. He isn’t being paid anywhere near the top when it comes to college head coaches but UM will likely have to pay the nearly $9 million buyout to Oregon and be willing to pay Cristobal over $6 million a year to entice him to leave Oregon and take the HC job with the Canes.

Miami has a history of hiring head coaches that are willing to work for much smaller salaries than most college head coaches. So it will be interesting to see if they decide to move on from Diaz if they are going to be willing to spend the money needed to hire a solid head coach and give him the money to hire a quality coaching staff.
Money isn’t an issue this time. They’re making the new AD the highest paid in college sports. Different times we find ourselves in.

Money isn’t an issue this time. They’re making the new AD the highest paid in college sports. Different times we find ourselves in.

They mentioned 20 - 30 million being dropping into sports

Makes us competitive with the big boys

FFutSlvVQAQj8Fd

Clemson AD and cristobal ? I know nothing about Clemson AD, cristobal definitely an upgrade over manny Diaz.

Dan Radakovich as AD, Mario Cristobal as coach, and potentially a new stadium?! This would be the best Christmas present ever

It will be interesting to see how the citizens of Coral Gables feel about having a football stadium in their city. The main reason there has never been an on campus stadium is because the people living in Coral Gables have always been against the traffic and noise a football stadium would create.

Perhaps there would be less of a backlash with a stadium being built on the grounds of Coral Gables high school instead of on the campus of the University of Miami, but we will see.

I have always felt that UM needs an on campus stadium to get the students more involved at the games. Having to travel to Hard Rock Stadium for games just doesn’t bring enough students to their games, IMO. I also think a stadium in the city of Coral Gables will be a huge benefit in recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom