***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season*** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season***

If Barry Bonds can stay healthy I think the Giants are going to be the team to beat in the NL West. The NL West has gone from a weak division to maybe the best in the NL. Though I think Atlanta and the Mets are the best 2 teams in the NL.

I don't want to write off the Yankees though they've got some pitching issues. That's an obvious statement but when Moose gets back they need him to be a horse. Wang and Mussina are going to determine how good the Yankees can be this year. How ironic would it be if the Yanks had a down-year and A-Rod posted huge numbers, which he's going to anyways.

The AL Central is a beast, though right now I think out of the top 4 Detroit is the weakest. Zumaya looked awful in the 6-2 win against the Soxs. The White Sox and the Indians have the lineups in that division. As a ChiSox fan i'll say this, their pitching has been good and I love their bullpen. I think that as the season goes on their going to be able to shorten games with Aardmsa/MacDougal/Jenks.
agree with the part about AL Central being a beast. Its a fun April for us Tribe fans as they usually start out slow and then have to dig themselves out of hole in july/august. But not this yr baby! GO TRIBE! :D

agree with the part about AL Central being a beast. Its a fun April for us Tribe fans as they usually start out slow and then have to dig themselves out of hole in july/august. But not this yr baby! GO TRIBE! :D

The White Sox lost tonight 4-0 to the A's. Twinkies are struggling but I think they'll get it back. At the start of the year I though the teams would beat up on each other. It'll still happen but 2 teams will make it from the division.

I saw most of the Tribe's players develop and Wedge manage before he got to the Tribe. They've done probably the best job I can think of developing players. This is going way back but I remember being in a baseball camp where the best player got one of the balls used when Colon through a no-hitter in triple A.

Boston is playing great right now. Chicago has gotten very little from their offense. If Cleveland can get a hammer at the end of the game and the White Sox start hitting. The 3 best teams in the AL probably are in the Central. Nothing against Boston who is playing the best ball right now.

The one thing about the White Sox that I think Danks can change. Is a strike-out pitcher. His curveball is filthy and Garland/Buehrle are guys who let the fielders do the work. Contreras/Vazquez got nasty stuff but they're inconsistent.

The White Sox bullpen has been bad of late. I think Detroit makes the playoffs and between Chicago/Cleveland it depends on which teams bullpen comes through. Chicago needs to either add an OF or go with Sweeney and hope he develops in MLB this year. Mackowiak won't get it done.

The White Sox lost tonight 4-0 to the A's. Twinkies are struggling but I think they'll get it back. At the start of the year I though the teams would beat up on each other. It'll still happen but 2 teams will make it from the division.

I saw most of the Tribe's players develop and Wedge manage before he got to the Tribe. They've done probably the best job I can think of developing players. This is going way back but I remember being in a baseball camp where the best player got one of the balls used when Colon through a no-hitter in triple A.

Boston is playing great right now. Chicago has gotten very little from their offense. If Cleveland can get a hammer at the end of the game and the White Sox start hitting. The 3 best teams in the AL probably are in the Central. Nothing against Boston who is playing the best ball right now.

The one thing about the White Sox that I think Danks can change. Is a strike-out pitcher. His curveball is filthy and Garland/Buehrle are guys who let the fielders do the work. Contreras/Vazquez got nasty stuff but they're inconsistent.

The White Sox bullpen has been bad of late. I think Detroit makes the playoffs and between Chicago/Cleveland it depends on which teams bullpen comes through. Chicago needs to either add an OF or go with Sweeney and hope he develops in MLB this year. Mackowiak won't get it done.

Angels are another bat away from at the least being in that conversation (if they arent in the conversation already) and they have the minor leaguers to make it happen.

Angels are another bat away from at the least being in that conversation (if they arent in the conversation already) and they have the minor leaguers to make it happen.

Chicago probably needs to add a corner OF. Jim Thome makes everybody go in the White Sox lineup. Maybe other guys will turn it up with him back. Though Podsednik when he returns or Mackowiak shouldn't be starters on a team that wants to contend.

Yeah One big bat would not hurt, But they are still a very good ball club the way they are.

you've also got a minor leaguer that could be that big bat (Brandon Wood)

I'll also agree with DJfresh's belief that Boston is not the best team in baseball. They've had a (relatively) easy schedule, but have also gotten extremely lucky thanks to BP blow ups (Orioles series ib nud April, first Yanks series). Very good team, but are also playing in a a division that has had horrid starting pitching.

you've also got a minor leaguer that could be that big bat (Brandon Wood)

I'll also agree with DJfresh's belief that Boston is not the best team in baseball. They've had a (relatively) easy schedule, but have also gotten extremely lucky thanks to BP blow ups (Orioles series ib nud April, first Yanks series). Very good team, but are also playing in a a division that has had horrid starting pitching.

The hope is definitely that Wood can step in at 3rd and be the power hitting corner infielder the Angels had hoped Dallas McPherson would be - assuming they leave him at 3rd and dont move him back to SS. I dont think Wood is ready yet though, he is striking out a lot in triple A, though I think he's been coming around after a pretty horrible start.

Back
Top Bottom