***Official MMA Thread*** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MMA Thread***

Yeah I got the same. For a guy thats 6'8 with a 3 inch reach advantage sure as hell didn't use it.
well he did...thats why he was even in it as long as he was...all Nog had to do was get him to the ground and he was done...same thing with Coutore..once he got inside his reach Silvia was in trouble. Its ashame that some fighters just dont adapt when they get beat. He def. has not changed anything about his gameplan...fighting style, etc. And he is going to continue to get beat, over and over. Next fight for Brock should be Silvia IMO. A much better match up for Brock then Frank.

Well he used his reach early on but in round 2 Noguiera slowly moved in closer. That take down was great.

Steve Mazzagatti article

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmajunkie-Mazzagatti_Interview_Mir&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

MMAJUNKIE.COM: So, just to be perfectly clear, you did issue Lesner a warning before you stopped the fight and deducted a point?

STEVE MAZZAGATTI: Oh yeah, I did. But can you imagine the decibels in there? That was one of the fights everyone came to see. Of course, I came home and did my homework, watched the tape, and I can't hear myself give the warning. I couldn't hear myself say, "Bring it on!" on that beginning (either). [laughs] That's my thing. I always shout that. If you watch the tape, you can barely even hear that.

MMAJUNKIE.COM: Do you think Lesnar heard you?

STEVE MAZZAGATTI: I don't know. I can't say that he heard it. I yelled it loud enough for them to hear. It was awfully loud. I yelled it, though. I've got kids, so I know how to yell. [laughs] I used to be in a rock band, so I've got some lungs.

MMAJUNKIE.COM: I think that's where the controversy is -- if there is, indeed, any controversy -- that some people think you never issued a warning. But you're saying it's just a matter of people not hearing it, correct?
STEVE MAZZAGATTI: Absolutely, yeah. Let me also say that striking to the back of the head is one of my pet peeves -- that and grabbing the cage. The back of the head is a very dangerous spot of the body in this sport. If you were to put a RAZR cellphone right above your C-spine where it connects to your skull, that's the most dangerous part of the skull. A good, strong hit there can really hurt a fighter. That's the part of the head that is considered illegal. Right behind the ears is not illegal. Sometimes we caution people not to hit there. That's not necessarily a warning... we just know the possibility is there. Like I said, I'm just there to look for illegal techniques. And if you go back through my history, you'll see that I've deducted a lot of points for strikes to the back of the head.

I've watched the tape over and over...I dont hear the warning at all....I still think he's full of crap.

Yeah I didn't hear a warning either. Doesn't matter Lesnar should be fun to watch.

Anyone think Kimbo has a chance vs Abbot on the 16th?

I think Kimbo is probably the more conditioned fighter, but it's anyone's fight. If Tank hits him solid in the first few seconds Kimbo is done if not look out Tank. Looking forward to this fight!

Kimbo dodges well for a big man. I wanna see how he does against someone that can fight.

Tank's never been that great tho, really slow and not trade well. I see kimbo knocking him out in late first round.

Back
Top Bottom