***Official MMA Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MMA Thread***

Sherk pops a positive.

Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=2

God damn it, this sucks...So unless they strip him of the belt (they should) we might not see a LW title fight for over a year...

Looks like he want the only one in that fight on the juice...

http://sports.bodogbeat.com/mma-news-hermes-franca-tests-positive-13339.html

Mixed martial arts fighter Hermes Franca (18-6-0) has tested positive for a banned substance, according to test results released by the California State Athletic Commission.
Following his lightweight championship fight against Sean Sherk (32-2-1) at UFC 73, Franca tested positive for Drostanolone, which is a popular steroid among competitive bodybuilders.
Not only did Franca lose the fight, he has now been fined $2500 and has been suspended from competition until July 5, 2008, which is the end of his licensing year.

This is not a good thing will all the lights on in regards to roids. On the other hand, the rest of the LW division just got good news, since these 2 guys are gonna be on the shelf for so long..

:shakeno: Idiots, the sport definitely doesn't need this crap.

I was really looking forward to Sherk/Penn. They gotta strip him of the belt.

Sherk doesn't even need to use the juice, hes already built like a truck...I'm mean how much bigger does he need to be than the rest of the division? He was on the verge of becoming a mega star, and then he goes and makes a possibly career killing move like this...

Stupid stupid stupid...

meh..Liddell vs Jardine? I don't like this fight at all. Chuck SHOULD destroy him. I'd rather see Chuck fight Michael Bisping or Forrest before we see him destroy Jardine. Jjardine got his *** handed to him in his last fight.
Chuck is one of the UFC's biggest money makers. If he loses his next match, his credibility and drawing power will plummet...It makes sense to give him an easy opponent, but they cant give him a no name or it couldn't be a main event...Jardine gives you a name that a lot of people know, a match up that will make for an exciting fight, while still giving Chuck someone he can probably walk through..

Its all but guaranteed that one of the two of these guys (most likely Keith) will be KO'd, so from a casual fans stand point, it will provide excitement...

Chuck is one of the UFC's biggest money makers. If he loses his next match, his credibility and drawing power will plummet...It makes sense to give him an easy opponent, but they cant give him a no name or it couldn't be a main event...Jardine gives you a name that a lot of people know, a match up that will make for an exciting fight, while still giving Chuck someone he can probably walk through..

Its all but guaranteed that one of the two of these guys (most likely Keith) will be KO'd, so from a casual fans stand point, it will provide excitement...

Not to mention its very possible that Jardine took Alexander too lightly and resulted in his whoopin'. :D

Should be an interesting fight. If Liddell wins I'd like to see him and Shogun fight for a title shot.

nobody who watched him train on spike should be surprised at all by this.

meh..Liddell vs Jardine? I don't like this fight at all. Chuck SHOULD destroy him. I'd rather see Chuck fight Michael Bisping or Forrest before we see him destroy Jardine. Jjardine got his *** handed to him in his last fight.

Bisping has no business fighting 205 on a regular basis. They should've waited until October, and made the Chuck Wanderlei fight then, when Wanderlei requested. Its only a month, a fight of this magnitude, you want both fighters primed. Thatd be a great contest between two sick strikers. Jardine-Lidell is a crummy fight, and if the gods smile on Jardine and he catches chuck....what a waste. the winner of the wanderlei/chuck shouldve gotten the winner of the winner of the rampge/hendo fight vs shogun.

:shakeno: Idiots, the sport definitely doesn't need this crap.

I was really looking forward to Sherk/Penn. They gotta strip him of the belt.

I'd have been quite suprised if BJ stayed at 155 and went after that belt.
Oh God, does this mean I have to see more Ken-Flo?:rolleyes:
Please, anything but that.

ps. If you're dumb enough to eat 18 flying knees and still manage to win, you should get a free pass. very dissapointed about SHerk. the dumb part is, these dopes juice just to get through their training regimes. its not even about the fight.

Updated Card

UFC 76: SEPTEMBER 22, 2007 IN ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Forrest Griffin
-Chuck Liddell (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine
-Diego Sanchez (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight in the World)*
-Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia

-Evan Tanner vs. TBA

Wow this is turning out to be a great card!!

Wow. So if the belt's up for grabs who should fight for it? Penn vs Florian?

not surprising.

You don't see your "average joe" with a body like that. I don't care how many hours you spend in a gym

it can't go down the ladder. The #2 guy failed the test too!!!

Back
Top Bottom