***Official MMA Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MMA Thread***

My birthday! Maybe that could be the present?

:woot:

Can't wait to see BJ Penn in action again.

Rampage is holding a camp this weekend in Vegas. You get to train with him, and others, plus a bunch of other extras. Its 500 dollars, but if I had the extra money I would have jumped on this.

Rampage is holding a camp this weekend in Vegas. You get to train with him, and others, plus a bunch of other extras. Its 500 dollars, but if I had the extra money I would have jumped on this.

That would be awesome.

Question:

So what is the real story on Randy Couture? I understand he is the reigning HW champ but he has walked away from UFC and has a personal battle/problem with Dana White??

Is this recent, or has it been going on a long time?

Question:

So what is the real story on Randy Couture? I understand he is the reigning HW champ but he has walked away from UFC and has a personal battle/problem with Dana White??

Is this recent, or has it been going on a long time?

Its been going on for a couple months. Ever since the UFC threw big money at Fedor and he turned them down. In Couture's mind, Fedor is his last challenge he feels like he is the only guy left that he has anything to prove too. More importantly they threw much more money at Fedor than Couture makes which to one of the key guys who helped build UFC to what it is today was a major issue.

Its been going on for a couple months. Ever since the UFC threw big money at Fedor and he turned them down. In Couture's mind, Fedor is his last challenge he feels like he is the only guy left that he has anything to prove too. More importantly they threw much more money at Fedor than Couture makes which to one of the key guys who helped build UFC to what it is today was a major issue.

$$$ the age old problem creator.

So, help me understand. Do the fighters sign contracts like other pro sports and each negotiates its own contract terms and price (salary?)??

I heard somewhere that all UFC fighters get the same pay and terms? Win equals more money, but both fighters receive the same base for agreeing to fight or something like that?

Do fighters control their own out of the octogon promotional rights/deals, or is UFC in charge of it all and are these guys slaves to UFC from the financial side???

$$$ the age old problem creator.

So, help me understand. Do the fighters sign contracts like other pro sports and each negotiates its own contract terms and price (salary?)??

I heard somewhere that all UFC fighters get the same pay and terms? Win equals more money, but both fighters receive the same base for agreeing to fight or something like that?

Do fighters control their own out of the octogon promotional rights/deals, or is UFC in charge of it all and are these guys slaves to UFC from the financial side???

Basically they sign a contract to fight X number of fights. The UFC arranges the fights and all that stuff. The pay is based on how many fights you've had in the UFC with a win/loss bonus. Obviously some of the new higher profile guys from Pride and elsewhere make more when they come in based on experience.

You dont disrespect or mistreat one of your biggest money makers, IMO. If it was me, I would have made sure Randy got what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom