***Official MMA Thread*** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MMA Thread***

I just recently, in the past year or so, have gotten into MMA. I love watching Griffin and St. Pierre fight, my two favorites.

I just recently, in the past year or so, have gotten into MMA. I love watching Griffin and St. Pierre fight, my two favorites.

those are two guys that are always entertaining to watch, thats for sure.

i just saw Forrest's dismantling of Shogun Rua on the Best of 2007 show on Spike the other night. very impressive. training with Couture can only help his career IMHO.

if by chance you have never seen Griffin vs Stephan Bonner (their first fight), that is a must see fight also.

as for GSP, i am hoping that he destroys Matt Serra when they fight again this spring.

those are two guys that are always entertaining to watch, thats for sure.

i just saw Forrest's dismantling of Shogun Rua on the Best of 2007 show on Spike the other night. very impressive. training with Couture can only help his career IMHO.

if by chance you have never seen Griffin vs Stephan Bonner (their first fight), that is a must see fight also.

as for GSP, i am hoping that he destroys Matt Serra when they fight again this spring.

Yeah, that was the very first match of Griffin I ever saw, and it was amazing. Bonner and him were punch for punch definitely alot of heart and determination shown that night from both guys. Regarding St. Pierre, I would love for him to get pay back after that beating Serra gave him the first time around.

So I just found out a very interesting piece of info: One of the dudes I see at my gym trains with Matt Serra (who owns a gym on Long Island) and Luke Cuomo. Im actually planning on enrolling in my acquitances kickboxing class.

I just recently started getting in to MMA over the summer. So far Id have to say that Forest Griffith and St Pierre are probably my two favorite with Bonner close behind.

I love watching Nate Diaz, he's constantly working, its great. Rampage is good. But my all time fav. has always been Capt. America, Randy Couture.

I've never been a big fan of Couture or Liddell, who are probably the two most popular guys. I have a certain amount of respect for Couture though.

I'm a huge Rampage fan, from back in his Pride days. Its so awesome to see him doing so well, he's really taken his game to another level.

I really like Shogun too, I'm really excited to see him return and prove the doubters wrong. That fight against Griffin was definitely not typical Shogun, not to take anything away from Forrest.

I'm a big BJ Penn fan as well. He is so fun to watch fight, always working an angle.

Rampage, Penn, Shogun, Huerta, and Fitch are probably my top 5.

Other favs: GSP, Urijah Faber, Anderson Silva, Tyson Griffin, Phil Baroni, Robbie Lawler, Andre Arlovski, etc...

Always liked Tito Ortiz too. :D

Some really good cards coming up.....

UFC 82: MARCH 1 IN COLUMBUS, OHIO
venue: Nationwide Arena

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Jon Fitch (#4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Chris Wilson
-Andrei Arlovski (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Jake O'Brien
-Josh Koscheck (#5 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* vs. David Bielkheden
-Cheick Kongo (#10 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

UFC 84: APRIL 19, 2008 IN CANADA
venue: Bell Centre in Montreal

-Matt Serra (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Georges St. Pierre (#1 Welterweight in the World)*
-Yushin Okami (#9 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Evan Tanner
-Rich Franklin (#4 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Travis Lutter
-Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen
-Mac Danzig vs. Mark Bocek
-Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi
-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Jonathan Goulet

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-Patrick Cote vs. TBA
84 looks awesome!

UFC: MAY 24, 2008 IN LAS VEGAS
venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada

-Lyoto Machida (#5 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tito Ortiz
-B.J. Penn (#7 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Sean Sherk
-Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Motion; Urijah Faber is a beast... would love to see him against UFC fighters

i have always like Matt Hughes, and going back to old school days Don Frye, in addition to Randy Couture. guys with a strong wrestling background, which was my sport.

Motion; Urijah Faber is a beast... would love to see him against UFC fighters

i have always like Matt Hughes, and going back to old school days Don Frye, in addition to Randy Couture. guys with a strong wrestling background, which was my sport.

No doubt about Faber, I'd love to see the UFC add his weight class and see him step up.

So what is the status on Serra? Is going to be healthy and actually be able to fight this one vs. GSP?

Feel cheated not to see Hughes vs. Serra.

So what is the status on Serra? Is going to be healthy and actually be able to fight this one vs. GSP?

Last I read he is 100% and should be ready to go in April-May.

i am pretty sure also that Serra/GSP is on for this spring.

also Matt Hughes has said recently that he is feeling great and is not retiring, and wants to fight Serra after his fight with GSP.

Back
Top Bottom