***Official NBA Off-Season Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official NBA Off-Season Thread***

KDog13

"I See No Changes" - Tupac
Reaction score
Thought since it's been banana's already, one thread to get your rumors, trades, signings, cuts, etc... in would be cool.

I've been on Twitter for a good margin of the day haha so this is what I got so far....

Must admit, although I'm a Mavericks fan...I love the Knicks as well and this excites me. I've watched all there games and thank god for Amare last year because watching the Knicks games were so predictable before Amare. Always collapsed in the 4th, and this year looks promising if they can get Baron Davis at point guard.
Other Deals:
  • Eddy Curry signs with the Miami Heat
  • Jamal Magloire will sign with the Toronto Raptors
  • Sebastian Telfair will sign with the Phoenix Suns
  • Jonas Jerebko signs with the Detroit Pistons
  • Jeff Pendergraph signs with the Indiana Pacers
  • Gilbert Arenas gets axed by the Magic via amnesty clause
  • Juwan Howard re-signs with the Miami Heat
  • Mickael Petrius was traded to the Raptors for a 2nd round pick
  • Vince Carter gets axed via amnesty clause by the Suns
  • Tony Battie re-signs with the 76ers
  • James Jones re-signs with the Heat
Rumors:
  • Dwight asks to be traded to the Nets, but the Magic are accusing the Nets of tampering with Dwight before free agency began
  • Nene is leaning towards re-signing with the Nuggets but Nets making a strong push in light of the Dwight Howard tampering accusations
  • Knicks looking to dump Chauncey Billups + Ronny Turiaf to clear cap, Billups is probably going to get axed via amnesty clause
  • Baron Davis is speculated to get axed via amnesty clause
  • Thaddeus Young is close to re-signing with the 76ers
  • Knicks are trying to re-sign Shawne Williams, as the the Nets are trying to lure him away
  • Apparently all though the Paul deal is presumed dead, talks to make it work have started back up
  • Warriors looking to sign restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan
  • Odom doesn't show up to Lakers camp, Angry
I probably Missed some but I got most of it I believe. Anyway enjoy and add on!

The Suns waived Vince Carter and Brandon Roy will retire

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other tidbits since
  • Mavericks sign forward Brendan Wright
  • Thaddeus Young official re-signs with the 76ers
  • Gary Forbes is nearing an offer sheet deal with the Raptors, RFA from Denver
  • Knicks still working to dump Turiaf
  • Kings renounced their rights to Samuel Dalembert
  • Bulls going hard for Jamal Crawford
  • Keith Bogans pulled from Bulls camp, sign and trade for Crawford maybe?
  • Derrick Browns signs with the Charlotte Bobcats
  • Earl Watson re-signs with the Jazz
  • Pistons buyout RIP Hamilton
  • Thunder re-sign Daequan Cook

Nice work. I really hope my Sixers re-sign Young, he's an important part to the team.

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to a new multi-year contract with restricted free agent forward Thaddeus Young.Sixers president Rod Thorn said last week he'd match any reasonable offer made to Philadelphia's top reserve. But they never let negotiations get that far, signing him on Friday, the first day of training camp, without having to match another team's offer.

Young posted on Twitter he had signed a deal.
"Promise to continue to play hard with pride and all my heart. I love Philly."

The team later announced it.

The 76ers also signed first-round draft pick Nikola Vucevic and second-round pick Lavoy Allen. The Sixers took Vucevic, the 7-foot, 260-pound center out of USC, with the 16th overall selection. The Sixers stayed local in the second round, picking Temple forward Allen with the 50th pick.

The Sixers also signed free agents
Antonio Anderson, Dwayne Jones, Mike Tisdale and Xavier Silas on Friday.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...us-young-sign-first-round-pick-nikola-vucevic

• Jason Kapono signs with the Lakers
  • Jeremy Lin waived by the Warriors
  • Joey Graham waived by the Cavaliers
  • Billups might retire if he gets picked up by a team he does not prefer when is he is presumably waived via the amnesty clause
  • Marquis Daniels is close to signing with the Celtics

Great job of Tyson Chandler to put together a good, healthy season in a contract year. Talk about overpaying by the Knicks. Really unfortunate for Brandon Roy to have to retire. Nene would be a great signing for Nets. Absolutely love that guy's game. That team has a very bright future if they can land Dwight for a deal revolving around Lopez. The Magic have to be the worst run organization in the NBA.. Not even counting all the bad moves they've made, but why the hell would they start accusing people of tampering? They absolutely need to trade Dwight, because there's no chance he's coming back.

Great job of Tyson Chandler to put together a good, healthy season in a contract year. Talk about overpaying by the Knicks. Really unfortunate for Brandon Roy to have to retire. Nene would be a great signing for Nets. Absolutely love that guy's game. That team has a very bright future if they can land Dwight for a deal revolving around Lopez. The Magic have to be the worst run organization in the NBA.. Not even counting all the bad moves they've made, but why the hell would they start accusing people of tampering? They absolutely need to trade Dwight, because there's no chance he's coming back.

Knicks are my number 2, in fact the best microscope would only show the separation from favorite and 2nd favorite. Anyways, I do believe they overpayed Chandler but it was a vast need for them. A center who can play defense, and physically is an animal. The deal is 4 years so they will have Chandler in his better years for the most part. This of course pending he stays healthy which is a big IF. I'm really hoping the Cavs use the amnesty on Baron Davis, he would be a solid option to fill in for Billups whose salary is just to much to keep him.

****s been crazy, trades, signings, cuts, scenarios....

To be honest, I don't think Baron would be a good signing for the Knicks. Isn't this Billup's last year? I think I'd rather just keep Billups for this year. Davis just gives them another guy who needs the ball to be effective. They need a PG who can defend and shoot.

The Knicks will have to use the amnesty clause on Billups before they can sign Chandler.

I don't think the Cavs will use the amnesty on Davis. It is possible that they'll buy him out though. Who knows who will be guiding the Knicks this year. Supposedly Shumpert was looking good in summer games but from everything I saw from him in college hes not an NBA point guard. Maybe they'll just hand over the duties to 'Melo so he can take the 40 shots a game he knows he needs.

i kind of like my celtics dumping big baby for brandon bass...much better athlete in bass and at $4 mil per over this and next year coming of his best season as a pro i think it looks like a solid trade...i was done with big baby after he crapped the bed worse than pau gasol last postseason...baby killed the c's in the heat series with his awful inneffective minutes and inability to score against smaller defenders on the block...

bass can hit the 12-15 footer and he's got some scoring touch...and he can run the floor

4 years $26 mil for big baby from orlando...who's a head case and can't play at the rim...no thanks...baby gets by because for a guy his size he's got fantastic feet...but no hops

Back
Top Bottom