***Official NBA Off-Season Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official NBA Off-Season Thread***

The Knicks will have to use the amnesty clause on Billups before they can sign Chandler.

I don't think the Cavs will use the amnesty on Davis. It is possible that they'll buy him out though. Who knows who will be guiding the Knicks this year. Supposedly Shumpert was looking good in summer games but from everything I saw from him in college hes not an NBA point guard. Maybe they'll just hand over the duties to 'Melo so he can take the 40 shots a game he knows he needs.

I still think Baron Davis can be that guy if he does in fact become a free agent. I heard they are talking about Mike Bibby....F that. Also I like Toney Douglas but hes a solid backup at the moment, not a starter. Should be interesting.

baron davis might show up at camp looking like he spent the offseason storing acorns in his cheeks...i'd stick with billups also who can't keep pgs out of the lane anymore but he's crafty can hit the pull up 3 pointer and a team player...neither is ideal anymore but i'd bet on billups to be in more game shape than davis..

as for shumpert he's an uber athlete with length and an nba body but he'll break the back board with his hard shots and lack of soft touch...more athlete than basketball player imo...and that was evident at ga tech

baron davis might show up at camp looking like he spent the offseason storing acorns in his cheeks...i'd stick with billups also who can't keep pgs out of the lane anymore but he's crafty can hit the pull up 3 pointer and a team player...neither is ideal anymore but i'd bet on billups to be in more game shape than davis..

as for shumpert he's an uber athlete with length and an nba body but he'll break the back board with his hard shots and lack of soft touch...more athlete than basketball player imo...and that was evident at ga tech

Billups will be gone, his salary exceeds the cap now that Chandler signed.

Latest News
  • Vince Carter close to a deal with the Mavericks
  • Ronny Turiaf might become a Maverick in a sign/trade deal for Tyson Chandler
  • Bulls looking at RIP Hamilton
  • Celtics re-sign Jeff Green
  • Pacers re-sign Jeff Foster
  • Celtics sign Chris Wilcox

The Knicks will have to use the amnesty clause on Billups before they can sign Chandler.

I don't think the Cavs will use the amnesty on Davis. It is possible that they'll buy him out though. Who knows who will be guiding the Knicks this year. Supposedly Shumpert was looking good in summer games but from everything I saw from him in college hes not an NBA point guard. Maybe they'll just hand over the duties to 'Melo so he can take the 40 shots a game he knows he needs.

Funny stuff then. Talk about being clueless. Using their amnesty on Billups when they could have simply not picked up his team option...

Funny stuff then. Talk about being clueless. Using their amnesty on Billups when they could have simply not picked up his team option...

They picked his option up in April before the CBA deal went into lockout mode I believe. I'm sure they weren't expecting this go down though, meaning signing Chandler but it was a need.

They picked his option up in April before the CBA deal went into lockout mode I believe. I'm sure they weren't expecting this go down though, meaning signing Chandler but it was a need.

I'm sure they had no idea about Chandler specifically, but I would imagine they knew they could of used that money. Hell I thought it was a given that they would let him walk in free agency.

I'm sure they had no idea about Chandler specifically, but I would imagine they knew they could of used that money. Hell I thought it was a given that they would let him walk in free agency.

Yea I was wondering why they picked him up, considering the amount he was making. I figured as a trade chip to get CP3 though but then again we lack assets.

Latest Buzz on Twitter
  • Turiaf headed to the Washington Wizards it appears
  • David West to sign with the Boston Celtics in the next 24 hours
  • Keyon Dooling and a protected 2nd round pick was traded to the Celtics
  • Jermaine O'Neal would probably be sent to New Orleans in a sign/trade deal involving David West
  • Von Wafer signs with the Orlando Magic
  • Apparently Greg Oden suffered a setback, and could possibly miss the entire 2011-2012 season....WOW
  • Knicks haven't used amnesty on Billups yet but will get under the cap when Turiaf is finally gone. Only so little cap room left to fill the rest of the roster if they keep Billups.

Why did they sign Oden to a 1 year deal if they already knew this? Makes no sense. Sucks for Oden though. With Brandon Roy's retirement due to knee issues, I'm starting to get a feeling that perhaps Portland's medical staff are clueless.

I imagine the original plan was to go after Paul either with the expiring deal or wait until next offseason to sign him as a free agent. It became apparent that NO was going to get much better offers and would trade him before this season was over. Walsh has done a tremendous job cleaning up Isiah's mess in record time and rebuilding that team but hes been a step slower than the other top teams in every move.

Why did they sign Oden to a 1 year deal if they already knew this? Makes no sense. Sucks for Oden though. With Brandon Roy's retirement due to knee issues, I'm starting to get a feeling that perhaps Portland's medical staff are clueless.

There were teams crossing off both Oden and Roy from their draft boards well before either was selected.....their issues weren't some great secret. The Blazers took a chance and it didn't work out.

Latest Buzz on Twitter
  • Turiaf headed to the Washington Wizards it appears
  • David West to sign with the Boston Celtics in the next 24 hours
  • Keyon Dooling and a protected 2nd round pick was traded to the Celtics
  • Jermaine O'Neal would probably be sent to New Orleans in a sign/trade deal involving David West
  • Von Wafer signs with the Orlando Magic
  • Apparently Greg Oden suffered a setback, and could possibly miss the entire 2011-2012 season....WOW
  • Knicks haven't used amnesty on Billups yet but will get under the cap when Turiaf is finally gone. Only so little cap room left to fill the rest of the roster if they keep Billups.

damn...david west about to join my celtics...if thats the case we've definitely added some scoring to what was at times a pretty stagnant offense

Some **** that went down today:
  • CP3 to Lakers deal off again
  • Lamar Odom to be traded to the Mavericks for the trade exception in the Tyson Chandler sign/trade
  • With that said, I guarantee the Lakers will be going hard for Dwight
  • Chauncey Billups got axed via amnesty clause
  • Jason Richardson signs with the Orlando Magic
  • David West deal on hold, just waiting on the right sign/trade with Celtics
  • Mavs will waive Andy Rautins who they acquired from the Knicks in the sign/trade deal
  • Knicks & Timberwolves in the hunt for JJ Barea
  • Bucks match Denver's offer sheet of Luc Mbah a Moute
  • Jazz signed Jamal Tinsely, Keith McKleod, and Tred Gilder
  • All signs point to Mike Bibby signing with the Knicks....I'm not a fan of that move
  • Kings are trying to lure AK47 from Russia
  • Rockets/Nets seem to be front runners for Nene
  • Spencer Hawes signs qualifying offer, back with the 76ers
  • Grizzlies sign Jeremy Pargo
  • Eddie House opted out of final year in contract
  • Pietrus deal off as of know because of Pietrus's swollen knee
  • Knicks send Turiaf, 2nd round pick in 2013, and cash sent to the Warriors
  • Pistons add Damien Wilkins to training camp roster
  • Aaron Gray signs with the Raptors
  • Rip Hamilton looking like he might be a Bull soon
  • Rasual Butler signs with the Raptors
Might of missed some **** but overall decent day of NBA excitement