**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread**

in the battle for the 4 seed I think Carolina has the tiebreaker and UL has ND and UVa this week while Carolina at Ga Tech and home duke.

I think we go 1-1 in our last 2 games and UNC isn't beating Duke. I think the last double bye is ours.

I think we go 1-1 in our last 2 games and UNC isn't beating Duke. I think the last double bye is ours.

if Carolina plays like they have the last 2 they will not beat duke, if they play like they are capable or like they played at duke they will win. Carolina matches up well w/ duke and hopefully many of the iffy calls that went duke's way don't get called at Carolina(along w/ the 3 extra TOs duke got w/ "clock malfunctions" when they were out of TOs).

ND beat UL last night but w/ Pitt losing last night the tiebreaker went back to UL over Carolina for the 4 seed and double bye in the ACC Tourney. The Carolina-duke game is meaningless as far as seeding goes, if UL loses to UVa Carolina gets the 4 and if UL beats UVa then UL gets the 4.

The greatest rivalry in American sports resumes tomorrow night. a win tomorrow for the Heels and a decent showing in the ACC Tourney could get them a 3 or 4 seed in the Tourney.

The greatest rivalry in American sports resumes tomorrow night. a win tomorrow for the Heels and a decent showing in the ACC Tourney could get them a 3 or 4 seed in the Tourney.

You don't really believe that do you?

what is better? and please don't insult our intelligence by saying UK-UL.

what is better? and please don't insult our intelligence by saying UK-UL.

U of L - UK beats the crap out of UNC-Duke for nastiness especially. The UNC-Duke rivalry is fueled by ESPN's bloated machine. The wine and cheese crowds at those games don't compare to U of L - UK. We play once a year for all the bragging rights. You guys play 2, sometimes 3 times a year.

Hell, Michigan - OSU beats it too. At this point 49ers - Seahawks probably beat it too. Steelers - Ravens as well. Red Sox - Yankees...

Across all American sports there's at least 5 or 6 that beat UNC - Duke.

hahahahahahahahahaha

there aren't any wine and cheese crowds at UNC-duke games. No one outside of Kentucky cares about UL-UK, it's buried in December. Not even the biggest game for UK in Dec as they usually play Carolina in Dec.

Carolina and duke are literally a few miles from each other, have dominated the best conference in basketball, have made a million FFs, Nat'l titles. The great players, coaches, etc..., historic venues. it doesn't get any better than Carolina vs. duke. I am a big Yankee fan and it's laughable to talk about the overblown rivalry w/ the Sox. it was great for a few years, Carolina-duke has consistently been the best rivalry in sports for 30-35 years.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

in other news, the NCAA handed out their punishment to Syracuse today.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/artic...rol-athletics-basketball-coach-failed-monitor

Penalties and measures prescribed by the panel are below:

• Five years of probation from March 6, 2015 through March 5, 2020.

• Vacation of all wins in which ineligible men’s basketball students played in 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11 and 2011-12 and ineligible football students played in 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07. The public decision contains additional details.

• Fine of $500 per contest played by ineligible students.

• The school must return to the NCAA all funds it has received to date through the former Big East Conference revenue sharing for its appearances in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.

• Suspension of the head basketball coach from the first nine conference games of 2015-16.

• Reduction of men’s basketball scholarships by three for the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years. If the school has already executed scholarship offers for the 2015-16 year, the school may begin the four-year penalty with the 2016-17 year.

• Reduction in the number of permissible off-campus recruiters from four to two during June 1, 2015 through May 31, 2017.

• The panel also accepted the school’s self-imposed postseason ban for the 2014-15 season, but noted that self-imposition of penalties after the conclusion of infractions hearings does not influence the outcome.

• Additional self-imposed penalties can be found in the public decision.

hahahahahahahahahaha

there aren't any wine and cheese crowds at UNC-duke games. No one outside of Kentucky cares about UL-UK, it's buried in December. Not even the biggest game for UK in Dec as they usually play Carolina in Dec.

Carolina and duke are literally a few miles from each other, have dominated the best conference in basketball, have made a million FFs, Nat'l titles. The great players, coaches, etc..., historic venues. it doesn't get any better than Carolina vs. duke. I am a big Yankee fan and it's laughable to talk about the overblown rivalry w/ the Sox. it was great for a few years, Carolina-duke has consistently been the best rivalry in sports for 30-35 years.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

in other news, the NCAA handed out their punishment to Syracuse today.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/artic...rol-athletics-basketball-coach-failed-monitor

If you think the UNC game is bigger to UK fans than the U of L game then you are delusional to an irrational level and I'm not sure there's much usefulness in talking about it any further. The U of L - UK rivalary is much more than just sports. It's a economic, political, and cultural rivalry that UNC and Duke fans couldn't begin to comprehend. UNC and Duke fans are pulled from the same geopolitical classes. UK and U of L fans are not. Let me tell you a bit about the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

In Kentucky, there's the city of Louisville. An urban, liberal city of around a million or so people. And then there's the rest of the state: mostly backwards, hardworking folks who not only cheer for UK as a religion and despise U of L (and believe me there are racist ideas that run through that hatred) but also the city of Louisville as a whole. The city is the economic engine of the state and everyone outside of Louisville metro and the surrounding counites HATE that. Frankfurt lawmakers hate it, from coal country to Paducah, the city is hated. We're the city slickers where if you visit you're more likely to get raped and mugged as anything else in the city. It's almost irrational.

You mention all of the great players, coaches, venues (yeah we've got all that too) but that means you recognize Duke's accomplishments. UK fans think of U of L as little more than the gum they stepped in and had to scrape off of their shoe soles. That is if they aren't hurling racial slurs. Hell my own aunt and uncle to this day still call U of L "the blackbirds".

At any rate sure you can argue which the rivalries is better or whatever, but calling UNC-Duke the best rivalry in sports is hyberbole at best, lunacy at worst. I'd argue that Bama-Auburn is probably the most heated in the country, followed by Michigan-OSU. Sorry, just because ESPN shoves it down our throats doesn't mean UNC-Duke is anything more than an a good rivalry. Oh and, no one outside of North Carolina really cares about it either. That's true for just about every college rivalry.

NCAA, they can punish Syracuse quickly but yet they can't bring the hammer down on UNC for those shennanigans? LMAO

we are talking about a basketball rivalry, not about culture, economic/ etc....

UK-UL is nowhere near Carolina and duke. it's not even debatable, if you want to put it up there for non basketball reasons go ahead but this is a basketball/sports debate.

No rivalry comes close in terms of success of the 2 programs in modern times. ACC titles, FF, Nat'l titles, etc... this is not a sport where they award you a spot in a championship game like CFB had been, you have to earn it.

UNC basketball did nothing wrong, you should brush up on the facts before you spout off nonsense and the NCAA had been investigating SU for 8 years by the way.

Back
Top Bottom