**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread**

U of Miami vs Florida would been up there as well at least in football if those ******* didn't avoid playing us all through the 90'a and early 2000's :idk:

Now both teams suk but i would have loved to seen them play each other back then.

This year they should just give the Nat title to the winner of the ACC tournament. Cann't remember ever seeing so many top teams in one conference.

U of Miami vs Florida would been up there as well at least in football if those ******* didn't avoid playing us all through the 90'a and early 2000's :idk:

Now both teams suk but i would have loved to seen them play each other back then.

This year they should just give the Nat title to the winner of the ACC tournament. Cann't remember ever seeing so many top teams in one conference.

UM-FSU in FB I think was the best rivalry in sports in the late 80s-mid 90s. Unfortunately it hasn't sustained that old level or it would be in the discussion.

The top of the ACC is pretty good but UK is the best team. the great thing about CBB is they determine a champ on the court so one bad game could send you packing, the best team doesn't always win the tourney.

we are talking about a basketball rivalry, not about culture, economic/ etc....

UK-UL is nowhere near Carolina and duke. it's not even debatable, if you want to put it up there for non basketball reasons go ahead but this is a basketball/sports debate.

No rivalry comes close in terms of success of the 2 programs in modern times. ACC titles, FF, Nat'l titles, etc... this is not a sport where they award you a spot in a championship game like CFB had been, you have to earn it.

UNC basketball did nothing wrong, you should brush up on the facts before you spout off nonsense and the NCAA had been investigating SU for 8 years by the way.

Yeah it most certainly is debatable. Only in your mind is it not. I mentioned those other things because it feeds the rivalry, making it much more. If you don't see what I was getting at then you need some lessons in reading comprhension. Why is UNC - Duke a rivalry? Do you even know?

And I'm talking about NCAA investigations and punishments, which doesn't limit itself to just the sport of basketball. So you can quit with the internet tough guy stuff.

Yeah it most certainly is debatable. Only in your mind is it not.

And I'm talking about NCAA investigations and punishments, which doesn't limit itself to just the sport of basketball. So you can quit with the internet tough guy stuff.

"internet tough guy stuff"? clearly you are flustered here.

"internet tough guy stuff"? clearly you are flustered here.

Flustered how? Because you started doing an internet tough guy act and I called you out on it? Get real. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt on this board because I hadn't had much interaction with you. Now I see why everyone thinks the way they do about you. Your blind homerism approaches lunacy.

I can debate this thing for hours without getting "flustered". It sounds like you're the one getting flustered. You're the one pulling out the tough guy act.

Flustered how? Because you started doing an internet tough guy act and I called you out on it? Get real. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt on this board because I hadn't had much interaction with you. Now I see why everyone thinks the way they do about you. Your blind homerism approaches lunacy.

I can debate this thing for hours without getting "flustered". It sounds like you're the one getting flustered. You're the one pulling out the tough guy act.

what is this internet tough guy thing? did I threaten you? did I challenge you to meet me somewhere? what is this nonsense?

you posted something incorrect and I corrected you, we are discussing BASKETBALL. what the football team did has no relevance to this discussion. the men's basketball team did nothing wrong, you should try to brush up on the facts of the case.

a guy telling UK-UL is a better rivalry than UNC-duke is talking about my blind homerism:crazy::lol2:

what is this internet tough guy thing? did I threaten you? did I challenge you to meet me somewhere? what is this nonsense?

you posted something incorrect and I corrected you, we are discussing BASKETBALL. what the football team did has no relevance to this discussion. the men's basketball team did nothing wrong, you should try to brush up on the facts of the case.

a guy telling UK-UL is a better rivalry than UNC-duke is talking about my blind homerism:crazy::lol2:

I know the facts of the case. I was simply making an observation about the NCAA as a ajudicator of punishment. But you go ahead with your blinders on.

I can see your argument as to why you think the UNC-Duke rivalry is better. I don't agree with it. I can also accept other riviaries being better. Is that homerism? If it is then I don't think you understand what homerism is.

At any rate I'm derailing my own thread and I need to stop. If you want to debate this further, unless you're too "flustered", then start another thread and I'll be happy to join in.

I know the facts of the case. I was simply making an observation about the NCAA as a ajudicator of punishment. But you go ahead with your blinders on.

I can see your argument as to why you think the UNC-Duke rivalry is better. I don't agree with it. I can also accept other riviaries being better. Is that homerism? If it is then I don't think you understand what homerism is.

At any rate I'm derailing my own thread and I need to stop. If you want to debate this further, unless you're too "flustered", then start another thread and I'll be happy to join in.

ok if you know the facts then why bring them up in relation to UNC basketball? The NCAA punished the football team already the women's team will get punished for what came out but the men's team does not deserve it based on the facts of the case and to compare SU w/ UNC is silly. Read the report about what SU did wrong, it's ridiculous and they are lucky they didn't get postseason bans.

this is a CBB thread, it's on topic. these boards are to share opinions, you have yours and I have mine. It's ok to disagree, I just think you got a little crazy w/ the internet tough guy remarks.

ok if you know the facts then why bring them up in relation to UNC basketball? The NCAA punished the football team already the women's team will get punished for what came out but the men's team does not deserve it based on the facts of the case and to compare SU w/ UNC is silly. Read the report about what SU did wrong, it's ridiculous and they are lucky they didn't get postseason bans.

this is a CBB thread, it's on topic. these boards are to share opinions, you have yours and I have mine. It's ok to disagree, I just think you got a little crazy w/ the internet tough guy remarks.

:lol:

Knock it off Junc. This is Lou's thread and one of the few where everyone respects your views.

Big win today by my Cards. Ended up with a couple of tickets to the game. The Yum Center was loud.

Pitino "dumbed down" his defense by taking the man-to-man jump concepts out of the matchup zone. He basically turned his complex defense back into a regular ol' matchup 23 zone. It allowed the young guys to just play ball and not worry about where they're supposed to be on defense. I'd say that move was about 10 or 12 games too late but at least Rick did it.

FSU finished the regular season on a small upswing by beating Pitt. Not enough to make the dance but they will show well in the NIT. At least it will give our young team some tournament experience for next year.

I watch the second half of Louisville vs Virginia. Two really solid teams battling to the finish.
Cann't wait for the tournament to start :brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom