*** OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK14 Monday Night | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK14 Monday Night

I think this game will be closer than other many posters do.

Consider that the Pats greatest strength is their game preparation. What have we given them in the last three weeks to prepare against?

We have a more consistent line that seems to be getting better. Cutlers play has improved, or at least become more effective. We have not shown as much consistency in play calling as we showed earlier in the year. We have seen one really unanticipated play in Denver. We are actually improving as a team and we are using new players that don't have a lot of tape.

After looking at these generalities, what can we expect from the Pats? One poster thinks he will wait and see what we are doing, then counter it based on our previous games this year. I agree. This could turn out to be a Pats weakness that we can take advantage of. I feel we need to do two things in order to win:

1) Score on them before they figure us out
2) Use our play calling to keep them on the defensive

We seem to be in a position, as a team, to start doing these things. I wouldn't be surprised if this game hasn't been in the back of coach Gases' mind all year. This game would be a great game for him to really screw up the Pats! I am ready for it now!

240px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png
@
dolphins-old-logo-vintage.jpg

hard-rock-stadium.jpg

at Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

TELEVISION

273px-Monday_Night_Football_logo.svg.png

ESPN National Broadcast
Play-by-Play Analyst: Sean McDonough
Color Commentator: Jon Gruden

Kickoff at 8:30 PM ET

INJURY REPORT

8M3kYir.png

sZaztfx.png

WEATHER

S4aP284.png

Clear, with a low around 50. Light northwest wind.
National Weather Service Miami - forecast for Hard Rock Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS

ESPN/STATS LLC
NFL.com Video

(no SoLo D track yet - will edit in later)​

The old logos and the new stadium. :laugh

Going to the game tonight to deal with cold weather and obnoxious Pats fans.

At least the Fins can do is win the game for me . . . I don't ask for much!!
Correction...........You are asking for a lot.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-11 um 16.47.43.png
Field is ready for Throwback!! I just love it. I'm looking forward to this one. It means getting up again at 2.30 am, but I bet it can't be worse than the Ravens game.
Actually, I hope and kind of feel that we can do something today. Even it is just again screwing up Patriots homefield advantage. And keep our slim playoff chances alive.
  • Use Kenyan Drake on the ground. The Patriots are the worst team in yards per carry with 5.1 ypc.
  • Mix it up with some good play action passes.
  • Go in front early.
  • Don't screw it up with stupid pre snap penalties.
  • Produce turnovers and profit. We had the chances in the last game against the pats. We hade more turnovers than in a usual game against the pats, just could never profit. We have to do that today.
  • On Defense just hit Brady. Hit him hard and often!!!! Suh, Wake, Harris have to have a good game.
  • And finally play on special team like last week. Hope that Haack can reproduce the game from last week. Pin them in their own 10 yards line on every punt. And yeah two safeties would be nice again. ;)
So I'm looking forward to the game.

Go Phins!!

Tank most likely out so look for Brady to go that side all game long till we stop it. I can also see the pats running on us, specially on cut backs. On offense we need to go deep on first down to back them off the line but I'm pretty sure they will dare Cutler to beat them on top. The pats will be ready, specially after Pitt won last night. They need to keep pace. I can't see us winning but I'm just looking forward to see what the young guys can do on defense. They're not playing the broncos this week. This board was going crazy after we beat a team that lost 8 games in a row. We'll see what kind of threads we get tomorrow.

p.s. Would love to beat the pats so that maybe they won't have home field for the playoffs

Ozzy rules!!

btw, as of right now we'd be drafting 11 but that will change tonight one way or the other of course. I'm posting cause lots of people here are looking forward to the draft already

leveland Browns – 0-13 (.521 strength of schedule)

2. Nwe York Giants – 2-11 (.503)

3. San Francisco 49ers – 3-10 (.485)

4. Indianapolis Colts – 3-10 (.515)

5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans) – 4-9 (.494)

6. Denver Broncos – 4-9 (.509)

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 4-9 (.533)

8. Chicago Bears – 4-9 (.580)

9. Cincinnati Bengals – 5-8 (.444)

10. New York Jets – 5-8 (.488)

11. Miami Dolphins – 5-7 (.529)

12. Oakland Raiders – 6-7 (.467)

13. Arizona Cardinals – 6-7

Ozzy rules!!

btw, as of right now we'd be drafting 11 but that will change tonight one way or the other of course. I'm posting cause lots of people here are looking forward to the draft already

leveland Browns – 0-13 (.521 strength of schedule)

2. Nwe York Giants – 2-11 (.503)

3. San Francisco 49ers – 3-10 (.485)

4. Indianapolis Colts – 3-10 (.515)

5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans) – 4-9 (.494)

6. Denver Broncos – 4-9 (.509)

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 4-9 (.533)

8. Chicago Bears – 4-9 (.580)

9. Cincinnati Bengals – 5-8 (.444)

10. New York Jets – 5-8 (.488)

11. Miami Dolphins – 5-7 (.529)

12. Oakland Raiders – 6-7 (.467)

13. Arizona Cardinals – 6-7

Ozzy rules!!
We'll be picking 32.

Back
Top Bottom