Official NFL Cuts thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Cuts thread

Totally unrelated but curious who you think we keep as defensive backs and safeties? Lucas to PS?

Hard to say, and it's funny, because Lucas compares well to Rowe as an athlete (think I made the comparison when we drafted Lucas). Maxwell, Howard, and McCain are the only locks. I haven't had a chance to compare the play of Pitts, Lippett, and Lucas, and I haven't focused on Melvin at all. I was never a big Lippett fan at CB, so I'd tend to favor Lucas and Pitts, but it doesn't seem like the staff feels that way.

Lucas to PS seems like a good bet - unless they think he's shown enough to play relatively early or enough to fear losing him. With Culliver likely to play in a few weeks, I think McCain will be the 4th CB, so flexibility and ST's should go aong way in deciding which of those CB's stay on.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Patriots TE Rob Ninkovich tells @MikeReiss he’s being suspended 4 games for testing positive for a banned substance..

Hmm (not sure he was converted to TE lol

At this point any wr that came in could have to not only learn the system , but also get chemistry with Tannehill . I'd keep Whalen . It's not always about who the most TALENTED receiver is .

Hard to say, and it's funny, because Lucas compares well to Rowe as an athlete (think I made the comparison when we drafted Lucas). Maxwell, Howard, and McCain are the only locks. I haven't had a chance to compare the play of Pitts, Lippett, and Lucas, and I haven't focused on Melvin at all. I was never a big Lippett fan at CB, so I'd tend to favor Lucas and Pitts, but it doesn't seem like the staff feels that way.

Lucas to PS seems like a good bet - unless they think he's shown enough to play relatively early or enough to fear losing him. With Culliver likely to play in a few weeks, I think McCain will be the 4th CB, so flexibility and ST's should go aong way in deciding which of those CB's stay on.

Lippet is a lock too. The staff really likes him. I can't see them cutting him

Justin Hunter, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers, Tyler Bray, Antonio Richardson and Dallas Thomas all on the same offense at the same time for the Vols. Rogers got suspended before the 2012 opener, but still. That is an amazing record of NFL level talent leading to epic level failure. Richardson was considered the big recruit there and he ended up going undrafted and retiring before last year.

Also Ju'Waun James on that team. :lol: And he's only been mediocre/good. If you told people before that he'd be the only guy who was a starter in the NFL a mere four years later, not too many people would have believed it.

Dude made the pro bowl/all pro in his first year too lol. What happened.

Rowe would be a good fit. Big, physical, athletic. His technique lets him down, but that should be somewhat mitigated by Miami's scheme.

Yeah, it Really worries me when any team is trying to cash out a youngnplayer with his ability though. Usually suggest mental problems, either can't learn NFL level assignments or doesn't care.

Kind of like that other cornerback that looked really good under chip Kelly, but they were so quick to try and trade him too, he's been bouncing around the NFL than, cNt think of name off top of my head though.

I think Melvin is released - Pitts or Lucas to PS possibly.... I know its only one play I get it but that bad Lucas play happened right in front of my seats last night....

Two rookie UDFA's I liked, who were cut: Trevon Coley and Justin Zimmer.

Bills also cut TE Chris Gragg, and I still like his talent. Good athlete, willing blocker.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I think Melvin is released - Pitts or Lucas to PS possibly.... I know its only one play I get it but that bad Lucas play happened right in front of my seats last night....

Ah, I haven't had a chance to watch the full game. If he blew it, good chance he gets PS'd.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Patriots TE Rob Ninkovich tells @MikeReiss he’s being suspended 4 games for testing positive for a banned substance..

Hmm (not sure he was converted to TE lol

Overinflated himself with steroids.

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_DovKleiman 1m1 minute ago
#Colts waived CB D’Joun Smith. A 2015 3rd round pick.

Yea Lucas got absolutely torched last night

Dude made the pro bowl/all pro in his first year too lol. What happened.

He made it as a return man though.

As purely a WR he doesn't even belong in the NFL. Funny thing is I I remember a lot of people telling me Patterson and hunter were better than Keenan Allen, and that Allen wasn't fast enough to get open.

He made it as a return man though.

As purely a WR he doesn't even belong in the NFL. Funny thing is I I remember a lot of people telling me Patterson and hunter were better than Keenan Allen, and that Allen wasn't fast enough to get open.

Keenan Allen hasn't exactly had a stellar career either. Dude got so depressed he wasn't being thrown to every down he almost retired after his rookie season. It's tough when you can't get your NFL team to start your younger brother at QB so he can force feed you terribly thrown footballs.

His tiny, tiny brain happened.

I'm a little surprised that Minnesota didn't try to use him for jet sweeps or the occasional pitch play. Just seemed like they got fed up with his inability to process the game as a WR and threw their hands in the air.

Back
Top Bottom