*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One

Got to reset for Tom. Should be another good player there at our pick...
I'm looking forward to it, should be awesome, I think we go all three ways here, trade up, stand still or trade back, tons of talent still out there Chase (I can't spell his last name :) ) out of Mich, Nasir Adderley, linemen in Ford, Taylor, Edoga and Risner, Greedy becomes more appealing, Rock ya Sin and Drew Lock or even Will Grier. There are many more that I'm missing.

I'm deliberating whether id be open to a trade down in the second round. Lots of talent dropping, we might be able to pick up some more picks.

I'd lean towards no. I think we need quality over quantity at this point, but its hard to say without knowing who will be available.

Aggressive? Dude. Did you read your posts about Tannehill?

Don't jump down my throat because no one wanted the guy.

I was always consitent and fair, the guy stole a living for 7 years. He's gone now though so move on. Who's jumping down your throat, I like Lock a lot but if others don't so be it.

Taylor? I’m just happy as chit we didn’t take a boat anchor of a QB in the first. Amirite? LETS GO

I wasn't a fan of Jones, shocked he went that high. But yes I believe Haskins and Lock are both highly talented . But the point of the story is, Our FO is putting all the eggs in a basket solely based on a possibility and not facts.

Or maybe our front office doesn't value Haskins or Lock as highly as you do. 14 teams passed on Haskins and 32 teams passed on Locke, maybe the professional evaluators know something you don't?

I wasn't a fan of Jones, shocked he went that high. But yes I believe Haskins and Lock are both highly talented . But the point of the story is, Our FO is putting all the eggs in a basket solely based on a possibility and not facts.

There’s going to be atleast 2 with a possibility of 4 QB’s that will be better next year. So how are they putting all there eggs in a basket?

Who would realistically take him before us? Hmmm the Bengals? Assuming he's even on Grier's radar. Hate to say it but 2020 is no guarantee for claiming a top shelf QB. Just saying, if he's available we should pull the trigger!

Or maybe our front office doesn't value Haskins or Lock as highly as you do. 14 teams passed on Haskins and 32 teams passed on Locke, maybe the professional evaluators know something you don't?

I'm leaning that way too. I think there is a steep drop in talent after round 2.

Gonna be hard to pass on some of the names that will be sitting there when we pick.

Edit: Weird, I thought I was responding to a different post, lol. Oh well.

Last edited:
Like the fact that Both Fromm and Tua are JRs and can stay in school until 2021. At that point your looking at Herbert from OR being the only legit prospect being top 5. There's ZERO guarantee Fromm or Tua will even declare.

Right. That's 100% true. Agreed -- there's speculation in play for sure -- but I'd say that's the
core "fact" of the draft in general. We're dealing with tendencies and probabilities and NOT
certainties. Fair enough?

And I'd rather have our draft "actuaries" playing the % in our possible favor than bet on a
"compromise" they believe is less than ideal.

That said -- it's their career on the line. Not mine. And I surely hope they're sufficiently smart
enough to make the percentages work in our favor.

The market for Rosen has disappeared, we could even get him for a 4th if we are interested now, Our competition if we were going down that route both picked up their guys in Jones and Haskins. I wouldn't rule out the Cheats trading a 3rd though for Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom