*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Round One

Tua, Fromm, Herbert and Love all could be top 10-12 picks in 2020. There could be 5-6 QB's in round 1 next year.

I love Love :) Thinks he's got a chance to be the best of that class when it's all said and done. Makes for an interesting college season next year for us fin fans.

But that's the point I'm making here. I'd Draft a QB every year until I found one. Not sign a has been an ride the storm out while our fan base has to sit back at watch the crap. Hope like hell they know what their doing. Cause screwing this up would take years to fix. Not like they had it figure out before .Oh well happy draft people I'm out for the night. See ya guys on day 2

I like Daniel Jones. But that’s just way too high. To me it’s the same guy the Giants drafted with the #1 pick in the 1992 supplemental draft when they drafted Dave Brown quarterback out of Duke with that pick. Same guy.

That tells you how bad this Senior class of QB’s are. It’s as bad as I tried to tell people it was.

The market for Rosen has disappeared, we could even get him for a 4th if we are interested now, Our competition if we were going down that route both picked up their guys in Jones and Haskins. I wouldn't rule out the Cheats trading a 3rd though for Rosen.

Well that's really the competition. And in this case we have definitive "inside info" as to where/what
the Cheats thought about Rosen 2017 and also 2018.

That said, I felt he was readily viewed as a "reach" in 2018 draft and his NFL film is really bad.
Couple that with the fact few teams are in the potential market (and whoever if any are playing
possum) -- which means he's pretty much worthless at this point...

I said an R5 but not with great enthusiasm. IMO he's NOT a "Pats dude" and therefore NOT a Dolphins
dude. So who else is busting down the door to get him???

I think he's dirty laundry at this point and the Cards will have to eat it or essentially give him away.

Well that's really the competition. And in this case we have definitive "inside info" as to where/what
the Cheats thought about Rosen 2017 and also 2018.

That said, I felt he was readily viewed as a "reach" in 2018 draft and his NFL film is really bad.
Couple that with the fact few teams are in the potential market (and whoever if any are playing
possum) -- which means he's pretty much worthless at this point...

I said an R5 but not with great enthusiasm. IMO he's NOT a "Pats dude" and therefore NOT a Dolphins
dude. So who else is busting down the door to get him???

I think he's dirty laundry at this point and the Cards will have to eat it or essentially give him away.
Broncos Still haven't drafted a qb, so makes me wonder if they will still trade for Rosen which would give Rosen some value and cause miami to not get him for less than a 3rd.

But that's the point I'm making here. I'd Draft a QB every year until I found one. Not sign a has been an ride the storm out while our fan base has to sit back at watch the crap. Hope like hell they know what their doing. Cause screwing this up would take years to fix. Not like they had it figure out before .Oh well happy draft people I'm out for the night. See ya guys on day 2

Point is -- we have to let "it" come to us and NOT force things -- based on the very simple fact
we're dealing with possibilities and NOT certainties in outcome.

Broncos Still haven't drafted a qb, so makes me wonder if they will still trade for Rosen which would give Rosen some value and cause miami to not get him for less than a 3rd.

I'm not sure they were ever interested in Rosen, think they've been high on Lock, they know they need to keep Flaco happy too bringing in someone who's played a year already in the NFL as oppossed to a 2nd round pick this year will be an easier sell to the guy they traded for. I think Denver will be serious players for Lock tomorrow.

What Miami better do is get a center and some IOL in there that can block Q. Williams and Ed Oliver.

It was already their biggest need in my opinion heading into the draft. Now it’s a real scary situation for you folks.

E. McCoy held up to Q. Williams. Only one I saw do it other than Gaillard to an extent. They better get one of em.

People really need to stop with the "Patriots way" crap. No assistant has left the Pats in the past years and was successful. But, don't misunderstand me, I root and hope Flores is great. I like him a lot, but the Pat's crap needs to be dismissed.

This is the Dolphins way. Look at our first round draft picks for the last three years. Look at it for this year. We took advantage of how the board fell.

It's harder to do that (take advantage of how the board falls) meaningfully past the first 20 or so picks. Consider where the Patriots usually pick in the first round. There is not a meaningful basis for a comparison for being successful at picking unanticipated availability of players at the end of a round versus the middle of that round, since there are so fewer unanticipated available player at the back of each round.

The Dolphins are not as terrible a team as many posters claim. Certainly there drafting has been good and seems to be improving over the last 3 years and it looks like it will continue this year.

That's a good thing, isn't it?

Good for them. In no way do I see us falling into that trap.

Seriously. We have some smarts running the show now and they won't do stupid crap.

In terms of Rosen at this point -- it's 100% caveat emptor.

The dummies have already cashed in their chips...

Devin Bush, worst dressed guy out there tonight, wtf was that ?

And what's with these kids not wearing socks, surely they are rich enough now to pick up a pack from K mart or whatever !!

Why draft a QB you think is going to be bad though? It's especially poor planning considering how talented 2020's QB class is going to be.

Wilkins was the leader of the Clemson Defense, that won 2 of the last 3 NCAA National Championships, ...most recently crushing the vaulted Alabama, Tua-led offense, just a few months ago.
This guy really knows how to fire-up his Defensive crew !
A winner, a good-guy, and a Champion !

And that's a very important point. Clearly they've targeted a high character pick here and a leader, this is a great pick, we still need to fix QB though before we go anywhere as a team.

Back
Top Bottom