*Official NFL Free Agency thread* | Page 116 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NFL Free Agency thread*

Out of all the play we saw last year along the offensive line the player that deserves to get first crack at the starting RT job is.... Robert Jones.

His performance the last week of the year against NE was pleasantly surprising and made me wonder what the coaching staff had been looking at in practice all year. Doesn't mean he'll get the job or even make the roster but he deserves a shot over both Eichenberg and Jackson based off the three's performance last year.

It's funny when you see all these posts saying dump this guy and dump that guy. We did that with Billy Turner and he turned out fine. Let's just see how a new coaching team and system develops them, we might be pleasantly surprised. It might suit Jackson and if Kindley loses weight and becomes more mobile it may suit him as well. Basically Let's just wait and see after training camp to see where we are

Lynn Bowden has been cryptic the past few days in his tweets. Something is about to happen 🤔

signing tretter would be such a great move. there's no way mcdaniels feels comfortable w dieter as our starting center.

It's funny when you see all these posts saying dump this guy and dump that guy. We did that with Billy Turner and he turned out fine. Let's just see how a new coaching team and system develops them, we might be pleasantly surprised. It might suit Jackson and if Kindley loses weight and becomes more mobile it may suit him as well. Basically Let's just wait and see after training camp to see where we are
I was in the group that wanted to dump Turner, but he turned into a viable starter. People under-estimate the value of fit and coaching. I see far more potential and talent in AJ and Kindley. I would not be surprised if either AJ or Kindley developed into good starters.

People keep trying to pencil in Eich at RT b/c he had good stats in college, but he lacks the feet to play T in the NFL. You saw that in his college tape too. The speed guys blew by him far too often. He escaped the sacks against stats b/c the ball got out quickly or the QB escaped, etc., but he was still beaten by the speed guys. AJ was better in the NFL at LT his rookie season and Hunt was far, far better at RT his rookie season. I'm not saying Eich is a bust or needs to be cut or anything like that, but there is no reasonable reason to believe he should be the presumed starter at RT ahead of Hunt or AJ.

edit: in fact, I would put Robert Jones and Coleman ahead of Eich as well.

I was in the group that wanted to dump Turner, but he turned into a viable starter. People under-estimate the value of fit and coaching. I see far more potential and talent in AJ and Kindley. I would not be surprised if either AJ or Kindley developed into good starters.
I totally agree good coaching is massive in this league not just the 9-5 coaching but schematicly as well

Out of all the play we saw last year along the offensive line the player that deserves to get first crack at the starting RT job is.... Robert Jones.

His performance the last week of the year against NE was pleasantly surprising and made me wonder what the coaching staff had been looking at in practice all year. Doesn't mean he'll get the job or even make the roster but he deserves a shot over both Eichenberg and Jackson based off the three's performance last year.
Totally agree, I've made this point in other threads, I watch that NE game again and again and he was pleasantly stunning in that game, really caught my eye. Made the right side of the line look awesome. If everyone would look at where NE was getting pressure on the QB it was from the left side of our line and watch Jones run blocking, he was a beast in that game.

Back
Top Bottom