*Official NFL Free Agency thread* | Page 121 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NFL Free Agency thread*

I still don't believe there is a QB this year that's top 10...Hell, maybe not first round.

They have their eyes on other potentials...JMHO

I don’t know that might be hard to believe, however nothing else makes sense. They’d have to go to 1 or 2 to ensure they get their guy because Carolina could move up easier than the Saints could.

Did they play their hand too early? When we made that deal with SF last year, we had the Philly trade already in place. Seems like if anyone wants to move up, bows the time.

Everyone in the top 5 should be open to trading down except maybe the Jets, with 4, 10, 35 and 38 they shouldn’t be looking to move down from 4, unless maybe it was to 6. They obviously need to get the best player they can so moving from 4 shouldn’t be on their agenda.

Houston is in a good spot to trade down. Roster is bare.
Actually I believe just the opposite about the Jets. They already drafted a QB last year, so they are the perfect candidate to move down and take advantage of another QB needy team. The teams near the top that need a QB should not be looking to move down. They may actually have to think about moving up for the one first round graded QB in this draft. With the trade New Orleans made today, you have to figure they are going to be trying to jump some of those teams in the top eight for that QB.

Actually I believe just the opposite about the Jets. They already drafted a QB last year, so they are the perfect candidate to move down and take advantage of another QB needy team. The teams near the top that need a QB should not be looking to move down. They may actually have to think about moving up for the one first round graded QB in this draft. With the trade New Orleans made today, you have to figure they are going to be trying to jump some of those teams in the top eight for that QB.

If there was a better QB, maybe. These QBs have all risen up the boards for no reason. I am not so sure the demand is all that high, especially without a consensus as to who is the top QB.

Smarter play for the Jets is trading down from 10. Their roster is basically Quienen Williams and a lot question marks and a few free agents sprinkled in.

They really need an elite pass rusher and at 4, they can find one.

However……I wish they would trade down.

I’ll bet you Willis goes in the top ten.
Maybe, like many years teams who want a QB make a race for one in the top ten. I don't see why this year could not be any different for a GM under pressure. Just need to create a narrative within their organization that this QB is the one for them.

I’ll bet you Willis goes in the top ten.
He will likely go in the top 10 because teams looking for a QB always overdraft the position. I will be surprised if any QB in this years draft is even a starter in 5 years. Some will be given the opportunity to start simply because their teams over-draft them
but I just don’t see a QB in this draft who will be anything more than a backup in a few years.

Typically when teams collectively decide that there aren't any NFL-starter QBs in the draft, they're right. QB is such an important position that there's bound to be at least one team that can spot greatness in a prospect. If not, then you can likely safely assume the guys drafted aren't going to pan out that well

He will likely go in the top 10 because teams looking for a QB always overdraft the position. I will be surprised if any QB in this years draft is even a starter in 5 years. Some will be given the opportunity to start simply because their teams over-draft them
but I just don’t see a QB in this draft who will be anything more than a backup in a few years.
Teams will be willing to bet on Willis’ upside.

Back
Top Bottom