*Official NFL Free Agency thread* | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NFL Free Agency thread*

Who's Bobby T?
According to his Twitter account, he is an NFL journalist that covers the Bucs and Patriots. I have no idea
if that means he actually has some inside information or he is just making up stuff to report like certain reporters in South Florida seem to do.

Miami may have a player or players, who are already on the roster; in mind, to compete for the RT spot. Or they may wait until the draft to select an OT. Especially if they don't sign one in F/A.
I have been saying all along that McDaniel and his offensive coaches might be a lot higher on the offensive linemen now on the Dolphins than most of us are.

We all know the coaching on that side of the ball was terrible last year. So they might feel that with better coaching and a different blocking scheme, several of the offensive linemen can be much more productive.

Of course I would still like to see them add a starting tackle and upgrade the center position before training camp begins but I have no choice at this time but to trust whatever decisions they make concerning the offensive line.

Baker is under contract. So any team that trades for him will assume that contract. His salary next season is over $18 million dollars.

Watson will likely end up with the Saints or Panthers and the team that doesn’t get him will likely be looking to bring in a new QB. Baker has expressed an interest in going to the Colts and they are certainly
a team in need of a new QB and they have plenty of cap space to take on his contract.
Yeah 18 mill is fine for him. Not worth any more I don’t believe

I have been saying all along that McDaniel and his offensive coaches might be a lot higher on the offensive linemen now on the Dolphins than most of us are.

We all know the coaching on that side of the ball was terrible last year. So they might feel that with better coaching and a different blocking scheme, several of the offensive linemen can be much more productive.

Of course I would still like to see them add a starting tackle and upgrade the center position before training camp begins but I have no choice at this time but to trust whatever decisions they make concerning the offensive line.

These are literally my thoughts exactly.

So with that wave, my count is Saints, Bills, 49ers are all now cap compliant with enough room to account for the outstanding players and didnt even cut anyone. This is why more and more fans need to stop worrying about CAP space, teams always can find ways to get the players they want.

Not really, no. Every team can sign players, but for every player you sign there's a bunch of others you can't. The cap works. Stacked teams for the most part lose more players than they gain and bad teams gain more than they lose. Now, being a Bills fan you probably think the cap doesn't matter because right now the Bills are stacked and young and can afford to fill their holes easily. But give it a few years and you'll see many of those good young players you have now go to other teams.

Also, fans have a tendency to focus more on their team's signings than on the loses. Imaginary example: On page 1, CEDRIC WILSON SIGNS WITH DOLPHINGS. On page 15 in small print, Ogbah signs with Lions. It didn't happen that way, but lost players are easily forgotten... until the season starts and you see the glaring hole they left.

I agree with this entirely. Clearly the LG position needed to be addressed. And we've done that with Williams. I'm guessing Hunt is penciled in for starting RG next year. And I imagine MM & Co. look at AJ and Eich and think both are salvageable, to some extent, with better coaching. I'm not even opposed to having Deiter at C next year since I think he has a lot of intangibles that fit well in a ZBS.

Having said all that, we need tackle help. We cannot roll into next year with AJ at LT and Eich at RT. I'd like to see us sign someone like Duane Brown at a stop gap solution at LT while we figure out what we truly have with AJ. Abraham Lucas would be a plug and play RT who should be available in round two, if we're not comfortable with Eich as a day one starter. And Fortner from Kentucky or Lindstrom from BC would be good mid-round developmental Cs. We need to continue investing in the offensive line, even if the new coaches are higher on our returning lineman than most here are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom