*Official NFL Free Agency thread* | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NFL Free Agency thread*

The NFL has set a target of $25B in revenue by 2027, which would be about a 60% increase from last season, That would put the cap somewhere around $330m-$335m, in a few season. The saints are effectively borrowing against their houses projected increase in value. There's definitely risk, but the market USUALLY goes up. Also, they have a bunch more opportunities to kick that can once they have Watson's Salary-only, mostly guaranteed contract on the books.

Falcons are the most interesting of the bunch. Would have to move Matt Ryan. But they just lost Gage and Ridley.

Edit: by interesting I should clarify. Cleveland and Carolina have solid arguments that if they acquire Watson they are ready to compete at a high level. New Orleans probably has convinced themselves that their core is still solid and Watson will elevate them. Atlanta? Where is their argument that Watson elevates them in the near or the long term. That roster is pretty barren talent wise.
LINK
That's a cool breakdown of how Atlanta could make it work.

Atlanta having huge investments of the cap in a DT who isn't named Aaron Donald and an ILB was a big time mistake. Beckham and Landry on the decline and IMO JuJu was always overrated.
True but might be ok in year one to give Watson a viable WR group that they do not have right now. Obviously being close to home for him is a plus in ATL. I truly think that Carolina, Atlanta and Saints will be the finalist. They Tick what Watson wants, easier conference in terms of QB play, and in the South. And His Friend Fuller waiting to sign with the team that signs him.

Curious to see what happens with Baker in Cleveland if the team strikes out with Watson. I could see him forcing his way out of the organization. That statement he released last night reads to me like he's saying goodbye to the fanbase. I could see the Colts making a move for him. Seems like he would be a good fit there.

Baker should insist on a trade
What would be really funny is if the Browns take a swing and a miss on Watson, alienate Baker to such an extent that he forces his way out of the organization, and then have to go into next season with someone like Keenum, Dalton, Fitz, etc. as their starter.

What would be really funny is if the Browns take a swing and a miss on Watson, alienate Baker to such an extent that he forces his way out of the organization, and then have to go into next season with someone like Keenum, Dalton, Fitz, etc. as their starter.
I think that is what has already happened. I don’t think Watson wants to play in Cleveland and the Browns front office meeting with Watson has caused Baker to write a letter to Browns fans basically saying, Thanks for the support but I want out of here”.

Baker is a very average QB but right now he is better than any QB the Browns might get in a trade or in the draft.

This situation reminds me of Ross trying to hire Harbaugh while Sparano was still under contract. Harbaugh said no to Ross and Sparano lost any trust he had in Ireland and Ross. Sparano was fired and out as the Dolphins HC the following year.

Back
Top Bottom