*Official NFL Free Agency thread* | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NFL Free Agency thread*

They're already projected to be over the cap next year prior to any Watson/Armstead stuff. As previously stated, kicking the can down the road looks fine and dandy when Drew Brees in the twilight of his career and you still want to be Super Bowl competitive, but when you are doing this for Taysom Hill you are keeping yourself in mediocrity with no hope for the future. Maybe Watson changes this, but I doubt it.
Yep ONLY way this could possibly be justified is if they do Land Watson and now have an elite QB in a NFC that is lacking in QB play.

And now Bills are in no danger of cap issues by 4pm

wish I had a cheat sheet for figuring cap space. Sounds like signing bonuses are the way to go for teams to fit under the cap but very risky if the player gets hurt. If I have a 4 year $80 million deal and make $40 million guaranteed with bonus my cap hit is $10 mil per year - did I do that right?

Key here is evidently these meetings do not happen unless Texans Received an offer and approve of the meeting. So tells me Texans have 4 offers they are happy with.

If I’m DW, I think the browns are the most attractive team to go

Chronic dysfunction- but they do have a solid team overall

And it also begs the question: even if they do land Watson was last year a mirage or is Thomas done? What about Kamara?
Agree Even IF Saints do land Watson, there are going to be alot of players and or picks as part of that trade. So there is no more cheaper younger talent (top picks) coming into the org for a couple years. Kamara and Thomas would be too old for the new window. Unless you package them as part of the trade deal and it allows relief on some of the picks that would be part of this deal.

You have 4 teams in the mix that Texans have approved the meetings with. This isnt going to be a cheap acquisition by any means.

Key here is evidently these meetings do not happen unless Texans Received an offer and approve of the meeting. So tells me Texans have 4 offers they are happy with.

Falcons are the most interesting of the bunch. Would have to move Matt Ryan. But they just lost Gage and Ridley.

Edit: by interesting I should clarify. Cleveland and Carolina have solid arguments that if they acquire Watson they are ready to compete at a high level. New Orleans probably has convinced themselves that their core is still solid and Watson will elevate them. Atlanta? Where is their argument that Watson elevates them in the near or the long term. That roster is pretty barren talent wise.

Back
Top Bottom