*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

I'm shocked about Jovo. Shocked.

Savard also signed a long-term deal with Boston.

unifiedtheory said:
Ok....after some thought, I've gotta give the Bruins and new G.M. Peter Chiarelli some credit. Signing Zdeno Chara is a HUGE addition to the defense.

As it stands right now, the Bruins defense is:
  • Zdeno Chara
  • Brad Stuart
  • Paul Mara
  • Andrew Alberts
  • Milan Jurcina
  • Matt Lashoff
  • Mark Stuart
Some of those names might be a mystery to non Bruins fans but Alberts and Jurcina played quite well as rookies last year, Mark Stuart held his own in a late season call up as a rookie and Lashoff is a good propect who just signed a rookie/entry level contract.

Brad Stuart came over in the Thornton deal, and as much as I still DESPISE that trade, he is a very good defenceman. Add Mara (from the Boynton trade, which I am starting to accept) and that is not too bad.

Chara will be HUGE is helping the young defenceman find their way and helping Brad Stuart maybe take the next step.

If Hannu Toivonen continues to improve and the defence gels, this COULD be a very strong defensive hockey club.

I dunno where they are going to get scoring from though...

Is this a reason to be POSITIVE as a Bruins fan? I've seen this story before but damn, I can't help but to think this is a good sign of MAYBE a new way of looking at things in Boston.

Great D!! Bruins are impressing me

The Leafs inked my number 1 target Pavel Kubina. :eek: He signed because of Tomas and will probably play with him on the top pair. I thought he was brilliant for TB in their Stanley Cup run. 5 Mil is hefty but he was pursued by 7 or 8 teams apparently.

And Hal Gill. Although I'm definately not a fan. Should've given that spot to Ian White. That's still a decent bunch with Kabs and MCabe. All in all, the blue line is set for the next 4 years.

THOMAS_54 said:
The Kings got Rob Blake for 2 years/$12 million. (obvious cause of the signings of Clark and Skrastins)http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170251&hubname=nhl

Knowing that your an Avs fan Unified, do you think the Avs could add someone else (Brenden Witt?)

It would appear that the Av's need to add another defenceman. I don't think they'll overpay though.

They do have 5 defenceman under contract right now though and are going to resign Sauer.

To be honest, I look for them to add another veteran forward.

I'm still in shock at my Bruins....what a day for them.

Pink_Dove said:
The Leafs inked my number 1 target Pavel Kubina. :eek: He signed because of Tomas and will probably play with him on the top pair. I thought he was brilliant for TB in their Stanley Cup run.

And Hal Gill. Although I'm definately not a fan. That's still a decent bucnh with Kabs and MCabe.

There might not be a bigger creampuff in the NHL. He's huge and refuses to use his size, it's simply maddening.

Good riddence to him. Chara is the anti-Hal Gill, he's one bad dude... I'm looking forward to watching him on a nightly basis.

nice to see keenan and the panthers active in free agency trying to improve this club......

FaninPatsyLand said:
There might not be a bigger creampuff in the NHL. He's huge and refuses to use his size, it's simply maddening.

Good riddence to him. Chara is the anti-Hal Gill, he's one bad dude... I'm looking forward to watching him on a nightly basis.

Damn....it's nice to see the Bruins doing something eh?

On paper they look pretty good right now...it could be interesting for once.

Boik, here's something I just stumbled upon. Don't know if there is any truth to these.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=655

Latest news:

The Isles are not going to give Witt $3 million. It does not look good now. Salei might be another option. He is looking for something along the lines of $2 million.

Brain Leetch is now the most likely new Islander. According to sources, Leetch will sign a cheap one-year deal with the Isles.

Peca is talking to the Isles right now. It's not close to being done but he loves Ted Nolan and might be willing to come back and work with Yashin again.

Back
Top Bottom