*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

Let's say we sign two defenders. Which young guys you think go back to the Soundtigers? Campoli's a lock to stay up I think. So Zhitnik, Campolo, and the other two we sign, that leaves two spots between Martinek, Erskine, Grebeshkov, Gervais. Who do you think stays up and who you think goes back down?

JTBRLZ said:
Let's say we sign two defenders. Which young guys you think go back to the Soundtigers? Campoli's a lock to stay up I think. So Zhitnik, Campolo, and the other two we sign, that leaves two spots between Martinek, Erskine, Grebeshkov, Gervais. Who do you think stays up and who you think goes back down?
Erskine is gone. We didnt tender him an offer.

That leaves Martinek/Greb/Gervais. Gervais goes back until hes ready. Iif hes ready now deal Martinek and york since hes due some loot in a year or two anyway and isnt that good and york is a liability in his own end.

For one roster player, one non-roster player, and a number of draft picks. That's all we know.

That new ducks logo is almost as bad as the old one! Hope the
Leafs wake up and sign Carter, he's always wanted to play at home.

Getting Pronger shows how many young, highly thought of prospects Brian Burke inherited when he got to Anaheim.

He gives up Joffrey Lupul and Ladislav Smid and a draft pick for Pronger.

Not many team could give up two top notch prospects and STILL have Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Corey Perry in the system.

GREAT move by Burke. I heard he wanted to add another top D-man (all their forwards are young and cheap). By the time guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan and Penner are in a position to start making real money Pronger and Neids contracts will beoff the books and he can balance the teams payroll.

The Ducks are in a great position to be very very good for quite awhile.

This deal does help the Oilers. Kevin Lowe was never going to get "full market" value for Pronger. What he did get was a damn good young forward and a six-foot-three, 209-pound defenceman who, according to everything I've read, had a very good season in the AHL last year as a rookie.

It gives the Oilers a ton of salary cap flexibilty for the coming years.

Mike Grier signs with the Sharks, 3 years 1.75 million per.

Damn, the Sabres need to pick up a physical presence with Grier and McKee gone.

unifiedtheory said:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bruins signed Zdeno Chara!

5 years at 7.5 million per season!

I'm stunned!!!!!

That and seeing hal gill leave is making my week.

unifiedtheory said:
Getting Pronger shows how many young, highly thought of prospects Brian Burke inherited when he got to Anaheim.

He gives up Joffrey Lupul and Ladislav Smid and a draft pick for Pronger.

Not many team could give up two top notch prospects and STILL have Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner and Corey Perry in the system.

GREAT move by Burke. I heard he wanted to add another top D-man (all their forwards are young and cheap). By the time guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan and Penner are in a position to start making real money Pronger and Neids contracts will beoff the books and he can balance the teams payroll.

The Ducks are in a great position to be very very good for quite awhile.

This deal does help the Oilers. Kevin Lowe was never going to get "full market" value for Pronger. What he did get was a damn good young forward and a six-foot-three, 209-pound defenceman who, according to everything I've read, had a very good season in the AHL last year as a rookie.

It gives the Oilers a ton of salary cap flexibilty for the coming years.

Wow, what a deal, Brian Burke knows what he is doing. He is building this team for the present and future. It will be interesting to see what other moves he makes.

The Pronger deal is ok. It's not only Lupul, Smid and a draft pick. It's Lupul, Smid, a 1st rounder, a conditional 1st rounder and a 2008 2nd rounder. That's a potential of 5 top prospects right there depending on how Lowe drafts.

d-day said:
Word is the Leafs signed over Kubina over Jay McKee because McKee is a left-handed shot and they wanted Kubina who shoots right - my money is on him pairing with Gill while Mccabe/Kaberle stay together

I'm happy with the signing. Kubina shut down the likes of Jarome Iginla in that Stanley Cup run for TB and was their top defenceman. He should be on the top pairing with Kabs because of the physical presence he adds. He's also a valuable PK and PP guy which is huge because it will mean more of Kabs and MCcabe in 5 on 5 situations.

Pair Kabs with Kubina, who are best friends and shined on the Czech team. And MCabe with White who played lights out last year. I know it might look like it (2 Mil a year) but I hope Hal Gill isn't counted on to be a top 4 guy. He's a number 5 or 6 defenceman and should be with Cola or Harrison.

Back
Top Bottom