Official OTA News Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official OTA News Thread

And he knew that the Bama boosters were not going to outspend the UT and A&M Oil guys so he took his whistle and went home.

He could have kept teaching and coaching and helping young men and all that horsesh*t but apparently it wasn't as fulfilling if he could not longer compete for Championships.
I would encourage you to look up how Saban saved mushin Muhammads career at Michigan State. The media wanted to of course crucify the young man and Saban stuck up for him

Poster A says they wish Tua had a mentality like Brady. Or in essence trained Like Brady.

Poster B says well, Brady did the same thing, and shows documented proof that Brady did the same thing in regards to OTAS.

My question is why do certain posters seem to want to question Poster 2 or question why posters seem to want to compare Tua to Brady who has won championships?

Poster 1 made a statement. Poster 2 proved their point.

Seems to me, if you don't want Tua to be compared to Brady, maybe making statements that would warrant a comparison is not a wise idea.

But I understand it's a talking point and narrative that's trying to be moved on Tua.

So for me, the issue would more be with the original statement or position. Not the rebuttal.

Because if the issue is the rebuttal that showed similar behavior, well then it's not really a valid point being made.

It's simply criticism of a player, in which the standard only applies to this specific player.

Accomplishments are irrelevant with this specific scenario.
. One scenario A…First off you compare what Brady did after he won rings, doesn’t apply

It’s a prove it year for everyone on this team, that’s where we’re at, head coach and Tua and team construction included.

Mcdaniels style has to show that his team can push through in certain situations mentally and execute at a high level no?

Qb needs to play better in certain situations, there are valid reasons and evidence that the player was out of condition, hence him losing 15-20 lbs to get to 220 this off-season and doing a complete 180, which is what I’ve been saying since word came out that the team wants him to gain weight..That initself leaves questions no?

Scenario B..

Now are you projecting that there is nothing for them to prove and their trajectory is pointing up regardless of the past two years?

I will be positive and hopeful about this team this year and I believe they will trend upward, but isn’t this a place where we should all share are concerns, objections and positivity?

My personal projection is this team will settle scores this year and do well, make the playoffs, and succeed there.

But there are some practices and processes I don’t necessarily agree with that are happening where I feel if they were tightened up some it would be better for the team

Actually, his work ethic was questioned by Flores his rookie year.

I don’t doubt he works hard. As hard as most NFL players.

But I think what fans would like to see is a Brady-esque mentality (or as someone above put it, a “Momba mentality”). There is a great story from Scott Pioli how in Feb/March of Brady’s second year, Pioli had to go pick something up late on a Friday night at the Pats facility. As he was leaving around 9:30 pm, he noticed some lights on. When he went to check, there was Brady in a training area doing footwork and agility exercises. 9:30 pm on a Friday in the off season with no one else there. That’s one reason he became as great as he was. Those are the kind of stories I think we want to hear. While some/much of this absence stuff is overblown, it’s not nothing. Tua is working on his body but he definitely also needs more mental work.

We certainly aren’t hearing rumors of Tua being at the facility way beyond the call of duty. That’s the rumor you want to hear. You want to hear coach saying “Tua won’t stop pestering me for more film study” (players are allowed to get that from the coaches to study on their own); or, “We have to encourage him to go home,” kind of stuff in the off season.
Brian Flores is a joke. who cares what he thought about Tua's work ethic? that jackass worked against his QB in some petty attempt to play Belichick

fwiw, Saban called him out for getting out of shape.
Big difference between that and a control freak with no resume as a head coach actively subverting his QB. The more I hear and read about Flores, the less respect I have for him. He took a good situation and screwed it up in a fit of paranoia, selfishness and delusion.

Hope he never gets another shot at HC unless it is with any of our division rivals,

Big difference between that and a control freak with no resume as a head coach actively subverting his QB. The more I hear and read about Flores, the less respect I have for him. He took a good situation and screwed it up in a fit of paranoia, selfishness and delusion.

Hope he never gets another shot at HC unless it is with any of our division rivals,
I think the main point is, I would be saying what I’ve personally been saying about Tua if there wasn’t a trend of bad habits that are evident

Now the good news is it looks like he’s checked himself and is only 25..

I would encourage you to look up how Saban saved mushin Muhammads career at Michigan State. The media wanted to of course crucify the young man and Saban stuck up for him
So he helped a guy who was a stud WR who could help him win games?

What a heroic, selfless act.

I'm going to sneak in here and just say I hope Tua misses several more OTAs just so we can have people go off the deep end.

In May.

Before training camp.

Holy smokes.

Grip.

I Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

Hes been throwing to Tyreek and Waddle during the off-season. I'm sure he knows the playbook. These are "voluntary" work-outs, don't forget.

I doubt very much he'd miss this even if he had his new contract. It's a charity commitment.

It's a bit nieve to expect these guys to eat-sleep-breath football 24/7.

He's also gotten together with the rooks for some off-site work. He always gets with his guys whether official practice or not.

I'll just leave these here.

View attachment 171014

View attachment 171016

View attachment 171017

View attachment 171018

Is that what kids these days call "receipts?"

Back
Top Bottom