Official OTA News Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official OTA News Thread

Lol.... Because you completely missed the point.

It has nothing to do with Tua missing an OTA. It had to do with comparing him to 2 of the best QBs, in terms of success, of the last 2 decades.

No biggie. Let's just move on.
I didn't miss the point. I'm saying that point is irrelevant to this particular situation, and that objecting to this comparison is increasingly overused.

Moving on...

Does anybody really think the difference between Tua and the Dolphins having a successful season, whatever that means for you, will hinge on the fact that he missed an ota in May for a charity event? If the Dolphins falter, I'm willing to bet that the results would have been the same if Tua had attended the Tusday OTA. If the team and Tua are that weak that him missing a workout derails them than there's a 99.999% chance that they're going to fail anyway.

Last edited:
Saban is not a Coach anymore because of NIL and lack of structure. He has said so in many interviews. Saban has always been about Coaching/teaching players. Todays players don't care about being coached and is all about the $$. Look at the Lawsuit now being filed against UF because they cancelled his 13.8 mil NIL. He was not even enrolled at UF and never even stepped foot on the field. Also he left UM because they were only giving him 9 mil. Back to Saban, it amazes me that his coaching style still always landed him a top 2 recruiting class and how many players left when he announced his retirement. Players still wanted to play for him.
And by lack of structure you mean lack of control. That's why Saban couldn't cut it in the NFL. He realized a long time ago that it would be easier to achieve greatness at the collegiate level by having an unfair talent advantage over the competition, then it would be to achieve greatness in the NFL on a level playing field. Good for him for recognizing that. Little guy will always be one of the tallest midgets in the room. True greatness in coaching is going 17-0 in the NFL, winning 3 Super Bowl's with 3 different starting QB's, having 8 Super Bowl rings...things of that nature.

The guy before McD would probably think so.

/s?
I don't know, he loved Ryan Fitzpatrick and I recall him missing an entire week of ota workouts or training camp due to personal reasons. I believe it was due to his mom being ill. I believe he also missed some to just to fly back and spend time with family in Tampa.

Last edited:
I'll just leave these here.

View attachment 171014

View attachment 171016

View attachment 171017

View attachment 171018

Uh. Those guys have won.

I for sure want the guy out there. He can golf when he retires at 40, or after we win a playoff game or 2.

Would prefer to see the Mamba style mentality in a QB who has come up short in his career so far.

To each their own.
Good point. I see no good purpose served for Tua by not showing up. I get the occasional day missed in the spring (like today where he’s at the Nick Saban golf event - arranged before the OTAs). However, he should be at the facility as often as he is able, training with teammates, being a good soldier and busting his behind to get better. Which he can and should do. Any staying away doesn’t help his cause. Even if they’d didn’t agree on a deal if he doesn’t max out his play this year he won’t get the long term deal he hopes for. He needs to be the leader. The best thing he can do for futures contract situations is crush himself to win a SB. Then he’d be a star and would command a massive, record breaking deal imo. But that’s just my view.

It still seems like speculation and clickbait at best. I don’t think anybody has ever questioned Tua’s work ethic and we know he keeps a good rapport with his receivers. News is slow this time of year and even reporters like Beasley need to keep putting content out there, and every single offseason the national media tends to over speculate on Tua quite a bit. It’s May. this will be Tua’s third year in this offense. Contract negotiations happen and they take time. And he’s here for the mandatory team drills save for one day he has a previous commitment. Let’s all just relax and enjoy our first glimpses of some of the new Dolphins. If there’s no contract the night before TC starts I’ll start to fret, but until then just let the process play out and take these headlines with a grain of salt.

Actually, his work ethic was questioned by Flores his rookie year.

I don’t doubt he works hard. As hard as most NFL players.

But I think what fans would like to see is a Brady-esque mentality (or as someone above put it, a “Momba mentality”). There is a great story from Scott Pioli how in Feb/March of Brady’s second year, Pioli had to go pick something up late on a Friday night at the Pats facility. As he was leaving around 9:30 pm, he noticed some lights on. When he went to check, there was Brady in a training area doing footwork and agility exercises. 9:30 pm on a Friday in the off season with no one else there. That’s one reason he became as great as he was. Those are the kind of stories I think we want to hear. While some/much of this absence stuff is overblown, it’s not nothing. Tua is working on his body but he definitely also needs more mental work.

We certainly aren’t hearing rumors of Tua being at the facility way beyond the call of duty. That’s the rumor you want to hear. You want to hear coach saying “Tua won’t stop pestering me for more film study” (players are allowed to get that from the coaches to study on their own); or, “We have to encourage him to go home,” kind of stuff in the off season.

I'll just leave these here.

View attachment 171014

View attachment 171016

View attachment 171017

View attachment 171018

The difference there is they had proven themselves with multiple SBs and MVPs by then. Until one reaches that level of competence and success, there will be questions raised. If Tua had 3+ SBs and a couple of MVPs under his belt no one would care. But until he does he will be questioned. Even one SB and that should do it. I’ve expressed that the one day miss for a pre scheduled event is no big deal. It’s the question of whether he’s working day and I get, at the facility, in the film room, etc. is still up in the air. That’s the reality. He’s the most important player on the team. I really like Tua, love to see him perform well, but I do think he can reach greater heights and want to see an over the top extreme commitment. Ala the greats like Brady (early in his career) or Kobe (even post career).

I think in order to avoid these frivolous arguments going forward, Tua or any future Dolphins QB should request permission from Finheaven prior to missing any OTA's or doing anything non-football related. At least then everybody will agree with what is going on 🤷‍♂️
/s
Forget finheaven, he should have ran it by me personally. I would have taken the time to educate him about how this decision effects his legacy.

Ok so for future reference, if anyone ever has a problem with any moves the coach or front office make we should contact them instead of posting it here so you dont have to read it. Thank you, mr member of this forum for one whole month, you must be Tuas agent.

8qvny2.jpg

Nope, never said to not post it here. Can you please show me where I posted that? If not, I'll accept your apology.

However, I did give advice on who to contact to voice their opinions.

It's nice to see who is liking a post with an attempted insult solely based on how long i have been a member.

Omar is almost always Mrs. Chicken Little sky is falling when it comes to Miami. So negative. I just can’t bring myself to watch him. He’s the anti-Travis W.
Almost always, indeed. He was all in on David Garrard. :lol:

Yes, because there is equivalency between 2 unanimous, first ballot HOFers and our guy.

SMH

Now I don't think it's a huge deal, though my preference is that he be there, but that comp is ludicrous.

It's relevant when when that player is being used as a guideline for how they wish Tua would be more like.

You don't really get to say he's needs to be more like Tom Brady. Then be shown that Brady did the same thing then suddenly there's no equivalency.

If there's no equivalency, then they never should have compared or wished Tua had the same mentality.

Of course, you did not make the statement.

But you are sure quick to let the poster know that although he's proved a point, he is foolish ( my words not yours) due to equivalency.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom