Official OTA News Thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official OTA News Thread

I mean, if you want to chortle his balls all day be my guest.

I'm a realist, reality is that he should be there.

Valuable reps he's missing out on.
Ok you win...he was busy working with Reek, Waddle and Co lol

Credit to NJ (sorry stole it again to hush the peanut gallery)

Screenshot_20240524-045414-111.png

No offense, but this is the type of random conjecture that is running rampant on this board and it’s time to knock this **** off.

Unless someone on this board is employed by the Miami Dolphins, we literally have NO IDEA what is and what isn’t going on behind closed doors. As far as Flores’ criticism of Tua, it has been established many times by credible sources that Flores had an irrational dislike of Tua- a player that he handcuffed, jerked in and out of the lineup, attempted to replace, and basically did anything he could to sabotage the young QB yet Tua still managed to reward Flores with a record above .500 as a starter on an offense with almost zero NFL weapons.

When McD took over, he tasked Tua with digging in and doing the hard work necessary in order to master his offense. Tua has responded with being the NFL’s leading passer over the last 2 season. We’ve seen tangible improvements that just don’t happen without hard work. We’ve also seen Tua focus on different areas of his body and passing technique each off season and every time he reports for camp we all can actually see the difference.

And for the record- and this is a big one, the idea that Tua has to be seen at the Dolphins facility in the offseason at all hours of the day in order to be considered a hard worker is just laughable on so many fronts. In today’s day and age, players can literally accomplish off-season work at their own home or at various training facilities. I said it earlier but it bears repeating- each and every one of his offseasons, we’ve seen Tua go into the lab and come out the other side improved in his physique and technique.

It’s high time for some fans to stop acting like they have any idea of what’s going on behind closed doors and stop with the false narratives based on personal conjecture and obvious agendas.
This might be the post of the year so far.

I don't know him personally. But id imagine probably quite a few based on everything I know about the guy. He has numerous ppl that weren't even second string that he has impacted as a mentor. Ppl outside the game of football too. He has also been at the forefront advocating for college athletes getting paid market value. He talked to Congress about it

Is everything okay?
I never met Tua but the people I know that have say the guy is totally driven to win. It is all he is focused on. Getting better in the off season is something he has done each season to improve himself in certain areas. He is known to be harder on himself than any one else could possibly be. That fact that he is working with one of the most respected QB coaches out there, John Beck, shows a comittment that I think is quite impressive. The narrative that Tua is lazy and is more interested in golf is just total and complete bull and I'm sick of seeing it. All some people do is criticize others all day. If it's not the President it's the guy running against him or your local QB or the Seinfeld movie that should have been funnier. I call the keyboard warriors Wingnuts In The Wilderness!! Don't be one of those crack pots. Everybody on this site is better than that by far!!

I never met Tua but the people I know that have say the guy is totally driven to win. It is all he is focused on. Getting better in the off season is something he has done each season to improve himself in certain areas. He is known to be harder on himself than any one else could possibly be. That fact that he is working with one of the most respected QB coaches out there, John Beck, shows a comittment that I think is quite impressive. The narrative that Tua is lazy and is more interested in golf is just total and complete bull and I'm sick of seeing it. All some people do is criticize others all day. If it's not the President it's the guy running against him or your local QB or the Seinfeld movie that should have been funnier. I call the keyboard warriors Wingnuts In The Wilderness!! Don't be one of those crack pots. Everybody on this site is better than that by far!!
I'm proud Tua is our QB.

With the photos, it's clear Tuas busted his butt getting back into shape.
He has already met or voluntarily worked out with some of his WRS.

The fact he missed a day, which the team knew about months in advance is weird to me thats its gotten so much negative attention.

Of course other players were absent also. But they'll say he's the QB.

I think this was supposed to be used to throw shade on Tua and his commitment. Then when the facts came out it was pre approves months ago, there was too much egg on faces to simply drop it and it became the whole " Yeah butt" routine. Not for all, but some
Exactly. Every year Tua has been in Miami he’s either spent the offseason rehabilitating from a devastating injury or reinventing his game or his body. No NFL player has worked harder than Tua has in the offseason, and his production has proven it. I don’t want to hear that he’s not engaged because he missed one damn OTA practice. Grow up people and pay attention.

I can only speak for myself but I’m always trying to find ways where our players can be the best versions of themselves and reach their ceiling.. and if we see those avenues to talk about them respectfully

Exactly. Every year Tua has been in Miami he’s either spent the offseason rehabilitating from a devastating injury or reinventing his game or his body. No NFL player has worked harder than Tua has in the offseason, and his production has proven it. I don’t want to hear that he’s not engaged because he missed one damn OTA practice. Grow up people and pay attention.
But didn’t you know the most important part of the off season is the Pre-Pre- underwear Olympics.

Tua a perfect role model for young people humble and works hard.

Back
Top Bottom