Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, to both sides of this silly debate:

New England fans--the argument that New England would have clearly been the victor had their starters been on the field instead of their soon-to-be grocery baggers since Miami won by a minute margin over the second and third stringers is absolutely fallacious. One could easily argue that perhaps the removal of the starters was an emotional letdown to the Miami starters and that perhaps it took away some of their intensity. The fact is, chaos theory dictates that it would have been a different game if New Englands starters were on the field, but we may never know. Keep in mind, however, that despite the Patriots' resurgence lately, they are not the dominant team on both sides of the ball that they once were.

Miami fans--While it was great that we finished 9-7, it's hard to consider this the exciting victory many think it was, due to the fact that New England pulled their starters. Still, a win is a win.

Back to New England fans--People who believe slipping to fourth seed is "better" have a losing mentality, not to mention they have little confidence in their team to win (meaning they think they can only advance in the playoffs if they play Team B rather than Team A).

If we palyed pitt instead of jax we'd still probally win. The problems that would come up would be playing indy and denver on the road. And to tell you the truth i'd rather play indy instead of playing the broncos at mile high.

New England, admittedly, is playing good ball right now, but neither Pittsburgh or Jax is slam dunk and I wouldn't be surprised if Jax wins next week.

RobFins2005 said:
Ok, to both sides of this silly debate:

New England fans--the argument that New England would have clearly been the victor had their starters been on the field instead of their soon-to-be grocery baggers since Miami won by a minute margin over the second and third stringers is absolutely fallacious. One could easily argue that perhaps the removal of the starters was an emotional letdown to the Miami starters and that perhaps it took away some of their intensity. The fact is, chaos theory dictates that it would have been a different game if New Englands starters were on the field, but we may never know. Keep in mind, however, that despite the Patriots' resurgence lately, they are not the dominant team on both sides of the ball that they once were.

Miami fans--While it was great that we finished 9-7, it's hard to consider this the exciting victory many think it was, due to the fact that New England pulled their starters. Still, a win is a win.

Back to New England fans--People who believe slipping to fourth seed is "better" have a losing mentality, not to mention they have little confidence in their team to win (meaning they think they can only advance in the playoffs if they play Team B rather than Team A).

First off I think you are making and assumption that NE intentionally thru the game for the sake of being a 4th seed. I do not believe that was the case in point to Belichick. I think it was a meaningless game to him and it was more important to treat it more like a bye week and rest those starters. I do believe he tried to win with the backups just the same and dam near tied that game at the end. I totally thought we'd lose by at least 2 TD's playing against the Miami starters. Towards the end of that game it looked like the fish were cold and just wanted to get out of there and the Pats looked like they just wanted to get out of this game healthy, neither team look to inspired. Not a great game to use to rate either team with but a win is a win.

Last edited by a moderator:
RobFins2005 said:

Preposterous statement :crazy: . You probably would've been the guy in the Civil War condemning outflanking the enemy in favor of frontal assaults. :lol:

The Pats have to play 4 teams to win the Super Bowl. I'm sure you would want the Fins (if they were even in the playoffs) to face the 4 toughest matchups in a row....right? If so, then you're a fool :dunce: . I'll take the 4 teams that give the Pats the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. And so will Belichick because he understands how to build a legacy, unlike you. Vega$ has the Pats favored EIGHT this weekend; no other WC game is even close to having this heavy of a favorite. Pitt is favored by 3 in Cincy. Belichick picked the right opponent :up: .

There's your lesson for the day on winning - on the house this time ;). You're the one with the losing mentality buddy. Slow down on your 48 posts a day :tsk: and think :idea: before you type :rolleyes:.

MR NFLFAN said:
First off I think you are making and assumption that NE intentionally thru the game for the sake of being a 4th seed. I do not believe that was the case in point to Belichick. I think it was a meaningless game to him and it was more important to treat it more like a bye week and rest those starters. I do believe he tried to win with the backups just the same and dam near tied that game at the end. I totally thought we'd lose by at least 2 TD's playing against the Miami starters. Towards the end of that game it looked like the fish were cold and just wanted to get out of there and the Pats looked like they just wanted to get out of this game healthy, neither team look to inspired. Not a great game to use to rate either team with but a win is a win.

Pat's players tried to win the game. Coaches, on the other hand, didn't really try to do anything to win it exactly either.

I don't think they "threw" the game. I do, however, think they went out of their way to make it very difficult for them to win. :)

Sort of like the line in Batman Begins, where Batman says "I am not going to kill you...but I don't have to save you". same result.

getting ready for gametime. feel free to post whatever.

MKeveny said:
getting ready for gametime. feel free to post whatever.

My Grandma loves the Jags so I am rooting for them! It will be a tough game, but hopefully it will be a good one.

both teams look pretty bad tonight.

New England is playing on autopilot.

wow, talk about lucky. The pats are going to win this one.

I don’t think it was luck in this game. I did not expect the Jags to win especially in in Foxburrow. All the Pats fans should enjoy the win because this will be the last playoff game the Pats win for a while.:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom