Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are NE has a poor record this year against winning football teams. Just look at the numbers (see previous post in this thread) from this season. NE has had a great run, but they are not the same team they were from years past. You will see, they might get past Jax, but that will be all.
As far as whoo-hoo NE stinks blah blah and your mama, depths only. But it is fun and really easy with the NE faithful! :D

Jax Defense is gonna rip Brady a new one.....Pats better get all their guys healthy and soon. Gerard to Smith all day long. :lol:

MR NFLFAN said:
Its much easier to make a point when they only choose facts that back up their opinion and ignore the rest. Next week we get another warm weather team for an 8 pm playoff game...I sure hope they have plenty of long underwear and space heaters. :D

Oh yeah, sorry I left out the fact that out of your 10 wins, you could only beat 3 teams over .500 (Tampa, Pitt and us)

Really impressive, watch out everybody! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman529 said:
Jax Defense is gonna rip Brady a new one.....Pats better get all their guys healthy and soon. Gerard to Smith all day long. :lol:

They are healthy and belichick wanted to keep them that way today so thats why he sat a lot of players. I was kind of suprised he sat so many today, I didn't expect him to do that so early in the game but I'd rather sit them and have them ready for the playoffs then take a chance on losing one or two guys before the playoffs begin.
The only guys that were dinged up last week were Bruschi and Samuel but both will be ready next saturday night. And they will win that game.

MR NFLFAN said:
They are healthy and belichick wanted to keep them that way today so thats why he sat a lot of players. I was kind of suprised he sat so many today, I didn't expect him to do that so early in the game but I'd rather sit them and have them ready for the playoffs then take a chance on losing one or two guys before the playoffs begin.
The only guys that were dinged up last week were Bruschi and Samuel but both will be ready next saturday night. And they will win that game.

I actually think that Jax vs NE may be the best first round matchup, maybe even the best matchup overall in the playoffs

They dont play often or know eachother well, they both have good defenses, and Offenses that have all the parts to have success

And Jack Del Rio is probally one of the most under rated NFL coaches

It should be pretty close

finsmx said:
Oh yeah, sorry I left out the fact that out of your 10 wins, you could only beat 3 teams over .500 (Atlanta, Pitt and us)

Really impressive, watch out everybody! :rolleyes:

We really don't count you guys but you forgot the Bucs again.....not very good with facts are you?

Alex22 said:
I actually think that Jax vs NE may be the best first round matchup, maybe even the best matchup overall in the playoffs

They dont play often or know eachother well, they both have good defenses, and Offenses that have all the parts to have success

And Jack Del Rio is probally one of the most under rated NFL coaches

It should be pretty close

Alex

I think were going to have one big advantage next sat. night and that is the cold. 8 pm in the northeast you can bet its going to be tough on both teams but I'm sure Belichick will practice in the evening to get the team ready for a brutally cold game time temp. Plus I don't know if Jax is still going to go with their backup QB or not but I know if I was coming back from injury playing in a playoff game I'd like to play in warmer temps than the mid 20's or colder. By the way how did you like the flutie drop kick extra point? I didn't know what the hell they were going to do and was thinking they were going for 2 but wondered why bring in flutie.

MR NFLFAN said:
We really don't count you guys but you forgot the Bucs again.....not very good with facts are you?

oops I didn't mean to put atlanta there, I wanted to put tampa.

ok so if you don't count us then you only beat 2 teams over .500 Pitt and Tampa :eek:

MR NFLFAN said:
Alex

I think were going to have one big advantage next sat. night and that is the cold. 8 pm in the northeast you can bet its going to be tough on both teams but I'm sure Belichick will practice in the evening to get the team ready for a brutally cold game time temp. Plus I don't know if Jax is still going to go with their backup QB or not but I know if I was coming back from injury playing in a playoff game I'd like to play in warmer temps than the mid 20's or colder. By the way how did you like the flutie drop kick extra point? I didn't know what the hell they were going to do and was thinking they were going for 2 but wondered why bring in flutie.

You definitly have an advantage being at home but Jacksonville is built to be a pretty good cold weather team believe it or not, Solid Running game and great defense win in the cold, Im not saying they will win, they probally wont, but I expect a close game

The drop kick was funny :lol: Although it could have cost you, if he missed it then you would have been down by 3 rather than 2 at the end of the game and the two point conversion wouldnt have matterd, I really had no clue what they were doing especially when Flutie lined up so far back...I thought he was gonna take the snap and run or something....then I didnt see it hit the ground when he dropped it at first and thought he punted it :lol:

finsmx
Well it depends on what you mean. Above .500 at the time we played them or final season percentage. If it's at the time you played them then you could scratch denver off you list too. When we played atlanta they were above .500 I believe and were expected to go to the playoffs but its all water under the bridge now. As of right now everyone in the playoffs is 0-0 and what you did during the regular season only counts for a bye for the #1 & 2 seeds who are also 0-0. Its time to leave it all on the field from here on out, no saving players for next week and expect to see some new wrinkles being thrown in by all the teams trying to out fox each other. Were in it without a bye this year and after the way this season started I didn't expect NE to make this far. Win or lose this yr we've had a great run and as a long time pats fan I can't be unhappy with this team. Next year I expect them back in the chase and better than this season and hopefully a lot better conditioned and healthier. With all the teams in the AFCE hopefully getting healthy and your team having more of the pieces in place it should be an exciting and tough division again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman529 said:

Neither Gerard ;) Depardieu nor David Garrard should be too much to handle for the Pats on the passing front: the 49ers, Browns, Texans, and Cards' wins will not have prepared him well for the hooded-one's schemes. "Glass Joe" Taylor probably isn't too excited about playing in a wind chill of about 15 degrees either. :eek:

Statistically, their defense in on par with that of Tampa Bay :spank: ....'nuff said (see Week 15).

The Pats have the advantage in special teams kicking in that weather, but I don't know enough about their return game to make any comparison.

Coaches and playoff experience? No contest. :sidelol:

Oh, and they've beaten THREE teams with winning records...sound familiar? Hmmm ... but the last one was in Week 6 I think.

Game on Pats haters. :fire:

MR NFLFAN said:
Its much easier to make a point when they only choose facts that back up their opinion and ignore the rest. Next week we get another warm weather team for an 8 pm playoff game...I sure hope they have plenty of long underwear and space heaters. :D

i dont understand why all u pats fan talk about warm weather and cold weather teams it doesn't matter as long as its not snowing the olny effect that the tempurature has is on the first few plays because ur body get used to the cold and i know this for a fact because i play football up here in rhode island and by the middle of the game it doesn't matter how cold it is u just play so if its not snowing then it will be a good game

ps. the guy talkin about my spelling u kno wat im writing so stop with ur jokes

Patriots capped off their season at 10-6. We would of been 11-5 if we tried to win against you guys. Of course thats not a steller record but no team in the afc matches up to us in a playoff game besides the colts. Try to get off bashing the patriots everybody wait until sundays game is over. If I remember correctly you guys got blanked against the cleveland browns.

MKeveny said:
Patriots capped off their season at 10-6. We would of been 11-5 if we tried to win against you guys. Of course thats not a steller record but no team in the afc matches up to us in a playoff game besides the colts. Try to get off bashing the patriots everybody wait until sundays game is over. If I remember correctly you guys got blanked against the cleveland browns.

You guys were hardly playing well when your starts WERE in....i wouldn't necessarily say you'd have beaten us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom