Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

Hostile7 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2032321

For a guy who got his *** kicked, he sure seems upbeat. It's going to be a bit rocky at first, no one expected to easy. He says he's ready for the yanks. I have doubts, but he needs to face a great offense, IMO. If he does well, major confidence. If not, owell. Still early.

Hopefully our Ace returns to form.

Yeah, I definitely have my doubts. He was ROCKED down there with Pawtucket tonight. However, this guy is the ultimate professional/gamer. He knows what his body can handle, and he'll go out there and battle through it regardless. Now whether that translates into a win, especially against an offense like the Yankees, remains to be seen.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah, I definitely have my doubts. He was ROCKED down there with Pawtucket tonight. However, this guy is the ultimate professional/gamer. He knows what his body can handle, and he'll go out there and battle through it regardless. Now whether that translates into a win, especially against an offense like the Yankees, remains to be seen.

I just saw his start on ESPN, and he looks fat... David Wells fat :lol:

Obviously there's not a ton he could do with his ankle, but he put on 15 pounds atleast...

Boy did Foulke make that 9th inning more stressful than it had to be. Nice solid performance by Arroyo. Good win.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Boy did Foulke make that 9th inning more stressful than it had to be. Nice solid performance by Arroyo. Good win.

I have both on my $$$ fantasy team. If Foulke cost me a win and a save I would have probably thrown the remote through the TV!

Foulke killed my WHIP and ERA, but at least he held the Win and got the Save for me. Arroyo looked real good.

MikeO said:
I have both on my $$$ fantasy team. If Foulke cost me a win and a save I would have probably thrown the remote through the TV!

Foulke killed my WHIP and ERA, but at least he held the Win and got the Save for me. Arroyo looked real good.

Oh yeah. :lol: Foulke didn't look too good. But hey Arroyo definitely brought a positive out of that game.

I will say this also............Ortiz might be the best hitter in MLB right now!

This guy is a beast!

MikeO said:
I will say this also............Ortiz might be the best hitter in MLB right now!

This guy is a beast!

I still can't believe the Twins cut that guy loose.

When he was let go, the Red Sox and George wanted him. Imagine if the Yankees locked him up and was thrown into that lineup. Let's just say, I thank god that he came to Boston. ;)

The best hitters in baseball right now. Pujols, Ortiz, Manny, Sheffield, Matsui, Vlad, Bonds, Tejada, Ichiro, and Thome. I'm sure I left someone out but these guys would definitely be in my top 10!

Hey, Yankee fans or anyone else for that matter who knows. I'm almost positive I read somewhere that A-Rod chose the number 13, because of Dan Marino, him growing up in the Miami area, and being a big Dolphins fan. Is that true??

Faninpatsyland, very true. A-Rod was actually a solid QB in high school with a chance to play college football but of course he signed with the Mariners and the rest is history. But that is why he wears 13!

FaninPatsyLand said:
Hey, Yankee fans or anyone else for that matter who knows. I'm almost positive I read somewhere that A-Rod chose the number 13, because of Dan Marino, him growing up in the Miami area, and being a big Dolphins fan. Is that true??

Yes

All im going to say is OWNED...

Pedro goes 9 innings, gives up 1 ER and stuck out 9...

I remember someone "close" to Pedro, saying that he was holding back his fastball because he didn't want to hurt it and effect his contract...

Last year on opening day he was throwing 86 and 88... He's throwing ****ing 94 mph when he throws his fastball. He looked awesome today (I was watching him and the Sox, switching between commercials). He made the braves look stupid with his changeup and curve.

Also Smoltz when insane with 15k. Then his bullpen comes in and ruins his ****.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Foulke's location was horrible. Considering all the closers are doing garbage I'm not worried. Jason V was setting up outside and he would throw meatballs inside. Not pretty, but it will come.

What a way to end the game today.. The way the sox played at the end of last year has me used to the fact that we usually win those type games. The bullpen needs some serious rust removal.

FiN.in.RI said:
What a way to end the game today.. The way the sox played at the end of last year has me used to the fact that we usually win those type games. The bullpen needs some serious rust removal.

Totally agree. I'm not used to losing those games.

On another note... wtf is up with Renteria?? What does the game have to be on the line for him to get on base? I'm not complaining, coming through in the clutch is nice.. but hell some hits over the course of the game would make me feel slightly better.

Back
Top Bottom