Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
Totally agree. I'm not used to losing those games.

On another note... wtf is up with Renteria?? What does the game have to be on the line for him to get on base? I'm not complaining, coming through in the clutch is nice.. but hell some hits over the course of the game would make me feel slightly better.

I wasn’t high on Renteria… a 40 million dollar mistake. Hopefully he turns out fine.

What's up with Manny? Please get a significant hit already... He's looked very sloppy. Bellhorn is a strikeout machine…Wells is getting jacked like no ones business…

Not the start I hoped we would have… Our pitching hasn’t been so horrible, but the offense isn’t showing up.

Good thing we're back at Fenway where we play best. I'm watching the world series ceremony at Fenway right now. Displaying the WS flags.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

When the yankees players were introduced everyone got booed. When they announced Mariano Rivera the stadium was booming with cheers. Rivera was laughing pretty hard.

It was hilarious.

Hostile7 said:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

When the yankees players were introduced everyone got booed. When they announced Mariano Rivera the stadium was booming with cheers. Rivera was laughing pretty hard.

It was hilarious.

Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

It was really nice to see Pesky get his ring. He's been a Red Sox for life, and it was really nice to witness.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

It was really nice to see Pesky get his ring. He's been a Red Sox for life, and it was really nice to witness.

It was good, but strange. It's like the Dolphins giving Marino a ring for the sake of doing it.

Hostile7 said:
It was good, but strange. It's like the Dolphins giving Marino a ring for the sake of doing it.

...except Pesky still works for the organization, so it's valid.

By the way, my only complaint about Opening Day? The flag's not big enough:

1113247962_5289-1.jpg

YOu know what is even funnier then all that the Jays winning a series against Boston................Go Jays:D

Gator Mike said:
...except Pesky still works for the organization, so it's valid.

By the way, my only complaint about Opening Day? The flag's not big enough:

1113247962_5289-1.jpg

I mean he didn't get one as a player... If Marino got one as a GM it would be strange.

Nice picture.

Anyone here that song about the curse being over? Worst song ever... That guy was out of tune and it seemed like it was thrown together.

Hostile7 said:
I mean he didn't get one as a player... If Marino got one as a GM it would be strange.

Nice picture.

Anyone here that song about the curse being over? Worst song ever... That guy was out of tune and it seemed like it was thrown together.

Was not a huge fan of the song.

Props to Derek Lowe. For coming back and celebrating the joy of last season. Instead of being a little whiny b*tch about how contract negotiations went, and how he wasn't able to stay in Boston, like another former Red Sox pitcher.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Props to Derek Lowe. For coming back and celebrating the joy of last season. Instead of being a little whiny b*tch about how contract negotiations went, and how he wasn't able to stay in Boston, like another former Red Sox pitcher.

:yes: on all counts.. That song was one of the frutiest things i ever heard/saw.

Big Bill Russell, haha great to see him, Celtic pride baby..

I had to work at 3 so i missed a bunch of stuff ao im watching it all now.. God love NESN.

FiN.in.RI said:
:yes: on all counts.. That song was one of the frutiest things i ever heard/saw.

Big Bill Russell, haha great to see him, Celtic pride baby..

I had to work at 3 so i missed a bunch of stuff ao im watching it all now.. God love NESN.

One part I didn't believe was necessary was bring Bruschi and Seymour and Russell in to throw the first pitch. I mean it was great to see Russell.. but the last thing I want to see is Bruschi and Seymour. This was the Red Sox day, not the Patriots, no need at all for them to be there.

I don't know, maybe it's just the Dolphin fan inside of me talking, but that kind of got me upset to see those two, on a day supposed to be dedicated to the Red Sox.

The ceremony was nice. Of course every team that wins a championship thinks their's is the best, but this one was special because of the 86 years. Some questions I had were......

1) Why was Eckersley there with old Sox players? Eck has his own ring from Oakland. I don't want to see him there graveytraining this as a guy who had hardship and has waited to celebrate a championship.

2) The song was god awful.

3) The first pitch should have been more "baseball" related. The "CLASS" move would have been Buckner! But I don't want to see NHL, NFL, and NBA guys throwing out a first pitch after 86 years of friggin hardship for this franchise. Jim Rice. Someone from Ted Williams family (not the son). How about Babe Ruth's daughter who is actually a Red Sox fan. I thought they dropped the ball there.

Im not even a Red Sox fan and these things bothered me. Go figure.

MikeO said:
1) Why was Eckersley there with old Sox players? Eck has his own ring from Oakland. I don't want to see him there graveytraining this as a guy who had hardship and has waited to celebrate a championship.
Eck IS an old Sox player. I don't think the organization was limiting the "alumni" appearances to former Sox players who had never won a ring. Jeff Reardon was also there, and Reardon got his ring with the Twins in '87.

2) The song was god awful.
Yup.

3) The first pitch should have been more "baseball" related. The "CLASS" move would have been Buckner!
If I'm Buckner, I don't want anything to do with what went on at Fenway yesterday.

But I don't want to see NHL, NFL, and NBA guys throwing out a first pitch after 86 years of friggin hardship for this franchise. Jim Rice. Someone from Ted Williams family (not the son).
We wouldn't have to worry about Ted Williams' son throwing out the first pitch. I believe he's currently in the cryogenic tank next to his dad.

How about Babe Ruth's daughter who is actually a Red Sox fan.
If that's who they got to throw out the first pitch, I'd have gotten out of my seat and left.

OK, probably not, but I would NOT have been happy.

I didn't see the problem with the first pitch. The Sox were the last of all 4 to win a championship, rather symbolic if you ask me. Russell and Orr: what a picture. I just didn't agree with having 2 freakin patsies. I could see Bruschi but there was no need for Seymore. Buckner would be a joke.

FaninPatsyLand said:

I wish we still had D-Lowe. One of my favorite players. Lowe > Clement. He own all three clinching games... I think that's worth more then a guy who's never reached his full potential. To be honest, I'm not sure what the **** Theo was doing. Ripping apart a WS rotation isn't exactly the way to repeat.

Wakefield off to a very nice start. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Back
Top Bottom