Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

nyjunc said:
In the postseason it is not.

Let's look at the last decade('95-'04):

Teams w/ homefield advantage

'95- 4-3(teams w/ homefield that lost- Bos ALDS, Sea ALCS, Cin NLCS)
'96- 3-4(all 4 LDS were won by teams w/o homefield)
'97- 3-4(SF & hou lost in LDS, Bal & Atl lost in LCS)
'98- 5-2(Hou lost in LDS, Atl in LCS)
'99- 4-3(Cle & Ari lost in LDS, Atl lost in WS)
'00- 3-4(only SL won in LDS, SL lost in LCS)
'01- 5-2(Hou lost in LDS, Sea lost in ALCS)
'02- 1-6(only win was Ana in WS)
'03- 2-5(only wins were NYY in LDS & LCS)
'04- 4-3(Ana & Atl lost in LDS, NYY lost in LCS)

Teams w/ homefield won 34 series and lost 36

Actual won-loss in games:

'95- 19-11
'96- 13-18
'97- 19-15
'98- 14-16
'99- 17-14
'00- 15-16
'01- 18-17
'02- 20-14
'03- 18-20
'04- 20-14

173-155

Homefield team in a series is 34-36 and overall games it's 173-155, not huge #s favoring 1 side and they are skewed by a few series where the home team won every game but in most series there are a bunch of road wins.

Good analysis/research junc.. i'll respond more on the subject later.

nyjunc said:
In the postseason it is not.

Who cares about the postseason statistics?

This arguement started because MikeO refused to believe that playing more games at Fenway in the second half gives the Sox the inside track to win the division.

At this point, no one cares about the playoffs. None of our teams are assured spots in October. Gotta get there first..

Well since the AL won the All-Star game I guess that means the Yankees will have home field advantage in the World Series

FiN.in.RI said:
and a stock z3 will whip a stok brand new mustang any day of the week in 1/4.. aerodynamics are your friend, my friend.

:lol: A Z3 driving red sox fan! Classic. You have no argument with a Stang GT Stock vs. Stock. Then again i'll drive circles around both of you in my WRX.

SpeedRush99 said:
:lol: A Z3 driving red sox fan! Classic. You have no argument with a Stang GT Stock vs. Stock. Then again i'll drive circles around both of you in my WRX.

#1 i do not drive a z3. and what would be wrong with a z3 driving red sox fan - more class w/ a beemer and 10x better than a geeky subaru

#2 WRX are a$$ ugly i don't care how quick they are.

FiN.in.RI said:
#1 i do not drive a z3. and what would be wrong with a z3 driving red sox fan - more class w/ a beemer and 10x better than a geeky subaru

#2 WRX are a$$ ugly i don't care how quick they are.

geeky subaru? :lol: Good One!

SpeedRush99 said:
.2 of a second is "driving circles" around someone?

And he's right, the WRX is butt-ugly. If the WRX was a girl on prom night, she'd be the one no one was dancing with, but everyone pulled a train on in the back of the limo cause she was fast and easy and that was it.

(who'm I kidding...I like the WRX! :lol: )

SpeedRush99 said:
Speaking of the past, How many rings do the Sox have? :lol:

:tsk:

I believe the Boston Red Sox will continue to be the World Champions until further notice. Valiant effort though, champ.

Pagan said:
.2 of a second is "driving circles" around someone?

And he's right, the WRX is butt-ugly. If the WRX was a girl on prom night, she'd be the one no one was dancing with, but everyone pulled a train on in the back of the limo cause she was fast and easy and that was it.

(who'm I kidding...I like the WRX! :lol: )

:lol: Its all in good fun.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:tsk:

I believe the Boston Red Sox will continue to be the World Champions until further notice. Valiant effort though, champ.

26-6

FiN.in.RI said:
i laugh at ppl who drive around with their spiked hair in their suburu.. ugly m'f'n cars.. nerds.

:lol: To each their own. I don't think I've ever seen a guy driving a Z3.

Back
Top Bottom