Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

SpeedRush99 said:

I'll never get the logic that yankee fans use when they think they are some how "rubbing it in" that the yankees have 26 world championships.

It doesn't bother us.

Personally, if I cared about how many wc's my favorite baseball team had i would be a yankee fan, period.

SpeedRush99 said:

:lol:

Thanks for looking that up, but as Rick Pitino would say, "I don't see Paul O'Neil, Scott Brosius, the good Bernie Williams, Ramiro Mendoza, the good Tino Martinez or Andy Pettitte walking through that door."

FaninPatsyLand said:
:lol:

Thanks for looking that up, but as Rick Pitino would say, "I don't see Paul O'Neil, Scott Brosius, the good Bernie Williams, Ramiro Mendoza, the good Tino Martinez or Andy Pettitte walking through that door."

Don't look now but Ramiro Mendoza may in fact be walking through the door of the House that the Babe Built sometime in the summer. He's apparently going to start throwing batting practice in Tampa and it's possible of a Yankee call up in August or September. I think that fact that Mendoza still has a job is even more shocking, but then again he was also suspected of being paid under the table by Big Stein while he was with the Red Sox and I'm sure the balk in Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS pretty much guaranteed him a spot with the Yankees for this year ;)

FiN.in.RI said:
I'll never get the logic that yankee fans use when they think they are some how "rubbing it in" that the yankees have 26 world championships.

It doesn't bother us.

Personally, if I cared about how many wc's my favorite baseball team had i would be a yankee fan, period.

But you get the logic of a team winning their first title in 86 years rubbing it in to the fans of the greatest franchise in the history of sports? :lol:

nyjunc said:
But you get the logic of a team winning their first title in 86 years rubbing it in to the fans of the greatest franchise in the history of sports? :lol:
Junc...let them enjoy the moment. You have to be gentle here. Remember, they're not used to winning. This is all new to them. We've become accustomed to seeing our team win.

Remember the first time you got laid and were all kinds of goofy and crazy after that night?

Same thing here. ;) :lol:

Pagan said:
Junc...let them enjoy the moment. You have to be gentle here. Remember, they're not used to winning. This is all new to them. We've become accustomed to seeing our team win.

Remember the first time you got laid and were all kinds of goofy and crazy after that night?

Same thing here. ;) :lol:

:lol: I don't have any problem w/ them gloating over last year. they earned that right by finally climbing the Moluntain but to disrespect the history of the greatest franchise in the history of sports is crazy.

nyjunc said:
:lol: I don't have any problem w/ them gloating over last year. they earned that right by finally climbing the Moluntain but to disrespect the history of the greatest franchise in the history of sports is crazy.

:yeahthat:

nyjunc said:
but to disrespect the history of the greatest franchise in the history of sports is crazy.

This coming from a Nets fan doing the SAME thing when it comes to the Celtics. I know, they haven't won in 15+ years (and yes, I understand it isn't the same Celtic team, but neither are the Yankees), but it doesn't matter they are still the greatest franchise in basketball history.

Hypocritical much?

See you ladies at the greatest venue in the Majors tonight. :)

FaninPatsyLand said:
This coming from a Nets fan doing the SAME thing when it comes to the Celtics. I know, they haven't won in 15+ years (Yankees haven't won in 5), but it doesn't matter they are still the greatest franchise in basketball history.

Hypocritical much?

See you ladies at the greatest venue in the Majors tonight. :)

I never bashed their history I said it's been a LLLOOOOONNNGGG time since they were a big time team. The yanks have ancient history and recent history to go w/. It's just a little different.

By the way, Wang has been placed on the 15 DL w/ a shoulder problem and rumblings are he could be out for the year.

nyjunc said:
By the way, Wang has been placed on the 15 DL w/ a shoulder problem and rumblings are he could be out for the year.

Are you serious?? That's terrible news, that staff of yours is really hurting. It's a shame that you guys aren't at full strength, I was looking forward to welcoming Wang to Fenway. :lol:

Anyway, do you know the rotation the Yankees are going with this weekend. I have tickets to the Friday and Saturday games. I know the Sox are going with Arroyo, Wells, Clement and I think Wakefield (but it could be Miller). Fox was promoting the Saturday game at the All-Star game saying it was going to be Clement/Johnson. But I've checked ESPN several times and it says Johnson is going on Friday and Sturtze is going on Saturday. Did Torre switch it up??

Thanks in advance..

It was supposed to be Mussina, Wang, Johnson and TBD but now it's Moose, TBD, Johnson, TBD.

Before the Wang injury came out rumors were we were close to trading for Shawn Chacon from Colorado so if we get him he'll be starting one of those games.

nyjunc said:
It was supposed to be Mussina, Wang, Johnson and TBD but now it's Moose, TBD, Johnson, TBD.

Before the Wang injury came out rumors were we were close to trading for Shawn Chacon from Colorado so if we get him he'll be starting one of those games.

So Johnson is still going against Clement on Saturday?

:whew: I was really nervous that I wasn't going to end up seeing that matchup.

Back
Top Bottom