Official Thread for Players Cut June 1st | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Thread for Players Cut June 1st

PhinDude88 said:
:shakeno:

Who cares..this is a good way to keep track of all of the cuts. If you dont like it then you leave.

If I don't like what? :shakeno: Relax kid. Some people are way to willing to take other teams' leftovers.

SpeedRush99 said:
If I don't like what? :shakeno: Relax kid. Some people are way to willing to take other teams' leftovers.

Some of them leftovers players are needs for other teams.

Well we got Morton. Who's next? Could it be Morton? Chad... that is. :D

Anyone think Peter Warrick will be cut? I have heard some mild rumors about it, but nothing substantial..

Nasty

PhinDude88 said:
Some of them leftovers players are needs for other teams.

True, I still think we could use another DT and a S. I just don't think we're gonna find someone that will contribute that much from the cast offs.

FinNasty23 said:
Anyone think Peter Warrick will be cut? I have heard some mild rumors about it, but nothing substantial..

Nasty
I heard on Total Access that there's a really good chance that Peter Warrick could get cut. Especially with the re-signing of T.J. Houshmandzadeh and the drafting of Chris Henry, they've got a great trio of WR's right there for Carson Palmer to throw to.

painnotpleasure said:
I heard on Total Access that there's a really good chance that Peter Warrick could get cut. Especially with the re-signing of T.J. Houshmandzadeh and the drafting of Chris Henry, they've got a great trio of WR's right there for Carson Palmer to throw to.

I bet they keep Warrick around for one more year. Henry has tremendous talent but he'll need at least a year before he can really contribute. If Warricks injury can be overcomed, he'd be a great target for Palmer.

Ok... Here is the list that of "official" cuts so far:

Bobby Taylor - DB
Koren Robinson - WR
Johnnie Morton - WR
Orlando Ruff - LB
P.J. Alexander - OL

Did I miss any???

Nasty

June 1st is the first day of the "new" year for the NFL. That is why, you can spread the players bonus over two years. Since its the first day, they get their bonus for that year, then the rest is excellerated into the next year. Its a quirky way to take less of a hit on your cap, but it works.

All you owe them then is there signing bonus, no salary. Works well for back loaded contracts. Like Greiseballs in Denver.

THIS JUST IN:
OT - Scott Gragg was released today by the 49ers... anyone know anything about him?

Nasty

6'8" - 325 lbs. - 33 yrs. old - 11 years pro

started all 16 games last year @ RT

rated 86 on madden

Looks like that Gannon will finally retire.

Raiders | Gannon Won't be Released, Will Retire Instead - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:59:13 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, ESPN's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders QB Rich Gannon will not be released. Instead, Gannon will retire. He will remain on the team until they need additional salary cap room.

Back
Top Bottom