Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t exactly impressed by Tua yesterday but I always appreciate a win. But, for comparison sake, could someone list the quarterbacks that have gone in to New England and looked impressive over the last 20 years in Gillete and won? Bonus if they are AFC East quarterbacks, since they matter most.

Maybe there are more than I realize but the point is that it is never easy to win there, as is evident by the fact that we’ve only won, what, 3 times there in forever and the last one that mattered was the Wild Cat game. Every coach knows each other on these teams. The players know each other. Every tendency is well documented and prepared for. They have Perry and Van Noy and we have Flores, McCourtey and Rowe. They all know each other very well. But the road team (Miami led by Tua and a good defense) won this tough division game. Coming out of there a rock star isn’t a requirement. Tua scored when needed and the D came up big when needed.

This is the annoying part. Fans expect some baseline statistical measure regardless of what happened to gauge success as if the defense doesn't get paid to make plays too. As you mentioned, Tua had some gorgeous passes that got knocked away by great coverage. People play the result too much instead of... you know... actually watching the games.
At SOME point in the reasonable future, the knocked away balls need to be completed, the near misses need to be completed, the dropped balls need to be caught. That's the tiny difference between being an average QB and being a champion QB in the NFL.

I thought his arm strength was fine for him. He made a couple nice deep throws, and the quick slants had plenty of speed.
What Tua are you watching? The guy is a noodle arm. The deep pass to Wilson was short, and the guy said on that horrible pick he was trying to throw it out of bounds. Tua is not the answer and wish everyone would realize it. Come on people

Reading this site sometimes definitely leaves me scratching my head... Some of you people act like this isn't the literal 2nd time we've beat NE @ home in 13 years...

Also in what universe are the Dolphins magically pulling in a better QB than Tua at this point in time that isn't fighting sexual allegations? Is there a magical QB tree they're about to go pluck?
Hate sells

I though Tua looked outstanding the first drives of each half

Fall off a bit after those but did great at the end icing the game with a one point lead
Adding Fuller into the mix is going to be real exciting. If the offensive line can gel a little bit in the coming weeks and up their game, I genuinely think this offense could be dangerous. Still more work to do, but the potential is there.

I like tua and I’ve seen enough to form my opinion. He isn’t going to be a game changer /great QB. I think his ceiling is around Chad Pennington (on the higher end). I think a very good game manager is more likely. Sometimes his ball placement looks “special “ but that’s about it. I don’t buy this “weak arm “ stuff though. He just doesn’t have a rocket.

Adding Fuller into the mix is going to be real exciting. If the offensive line can gel a little bit in the coming weeks and up their game, I genuinely think this offense could be dangerous. Still more work to do, but the potential is there.
Makes no sense when Tua doesn't have enough to hit him deep.

Why on a fan forum would you want a dedicated thread about how your starting QB is no good? Sure he is going to have good and bad days, but a dedicated thread on the lack of his abilities? That seems pretty personal to me.
BECAUSE you have to feed the animals.

What Tua are you watching? The guy is a noodle arm. The deep pass to Wilson was short, and the guy said on that horrible pick he was trying to throw it out of bounds. Tua is not the answer and wish everyone would realize it. Come on people

Makes no sense when Tua doesn't have enough to hit him deep.
lol

At SOME point in the reasonable future, the knocked away balls need to be completed, the near misses need to be completed, the dropped balls need to be caught. That's the tiny difference between being an average QB and being a champion QB in the NFL.
So if Aaron Rodgers threw the pass it wouldn't have been knocked away? And the dropped balls by the receivers have anything to do with Tua as a QB?

Weird takes.

Tell the receivers and defenders. Tua gets the throws there he can't catch it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom