Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two poor throws I saw yesterday were both a result of Tua rolling to his left and then throwing against his body momentum.

Unless it is Patrick Mahomes that is generally a disaster.

Fortunately, Tua is smart, listens to coaching, and is a hard worker. Those throws shouldn’t be occurring often moving forward.

The rest of the incompletions were either against velcro coverage in which Tua put the ball where only the receivers could catch it, one looked to be a back shoulder to Parker that Parker didn’t read, a tipped ball at LOS, a dropped pass by Waddle on 3rd down that would have become 1st down, and a nice pass defense by Mills that otherwise would have been a TD to Wilson.

Factor in the OL, playing at New England in front of sellout crowd, receivers blanketed, and lack of run game I thought he played well.

If Tua does eliminate the foolish throws when rolling left and continues to build chemistry with his receivers, I foresee him getting better and better as the season progresses with the caveat the OL holds up.

If you re-watch every throw Tua made yesterday. He ended up 16/27/202 for 1 TD, 1 Rush, 1 int. He also had another near interception but like the actual interception, both were tipped passes.

I counted about 5 plays that were either drops or just plain perfect coverage. Either way, they were on the money or hit the receivers hands.

The pass to Wilson was perfect but had that been Parker or Gesicki, they would have went up and got it. Wilson knew he was in tight coverage and still just waited for the ball to drop in his hands. Can't do that when the corner is in your hip pocket.

He could have easily have been 21/27 for 2 TD and 1 Rush TD.

The NE secondary was outstanding yesterday....as they usually are....

You don’t know what you’re talking about. For the record.
Please dude..really? Tua looks like a little kid playing a mans game. They have to call in the back up qb to do a sneak because he’s too fragile and did you see him basically stumble forward instead of sliding

rookie QB's make the playoffs all the time? 98 Rookies have started 10 games or more, and 12 have made the playoffs. And now we are paying attention to publications? Every publication has Tua as a bottom 3rd QB, and everyone railed against the assessment. You can't have it both ways.

I'll make a gentleman's bet with you that the Patriots don't make the Playoffs this year.
They are borderline, imo and their chances took a hit yesterday but I do expect them to be in the mix at the end of the season. When Gilmore returns, that defense will be formidable.
also, 98 rookies have started 10 games in what time frame?

They are borderline, imo and their chances took a hit yesterday but I do expect them to be in the mix at the end of the season. When Gilmore returns, that defense will be formidable.
also, 98 rookies have started 10 games in what time frame?
Ever I think, but definitely since 1985. Deiter Brock and Bernie Kosar made the playoffs that year, the rest of the QBs since then are HOF'mers or their stats for that year are terrible and they lucked into the playoffs.

Ever I think, but definitely since 1985. Deiter Brock and Bernie Kosar made the playoffs that year, the rest of the QBs since then are HOF'mers or their stats for that year are terrible and they lucked into the playoffs.

I have 8 in the last 13 years, seems fairly frequent

Please dude..really? Tua looks like a little kid playing a mans game. They have to call in the back up qb to do a sneak because he’s too fragile and did you see him basically stumble forward instead of sliding
So when the Bears brought William Perry off the bench to replace Walter Payton in short yardage does that mean Walter was to fragile?

After watching this I feel even better about the way Tua played. He threw the ball to spots receivers should be going towards and they weren’t on the same page. That will get worked out. Gesiki looked out of sorts. He didn’t seem to know what he was doing.

I have 8 in the last 13 years, seems fairly frequent
Yep, that's what I have too. Using simple math of 12 playoff teams a year, that's 5% of all playoff teams the last 13 years that started rookie QB's. I don't think 1 in 20 qualifies as frequent.

There have been 5 wins by the rookies, hilariously 2 by Buttfumble, 2 by Flacco, and one by Russell Wilson. The other 5 are 0-9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom